ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2472 of 4806
« First < 1472197223722422246224682469247024712472 247324742475247624822522257229723472 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:24 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by swaiy:
Glasgow is playing RG, not center. Smh
He was listed as the 4th highest paid center....

https://overthecap.com/position/center/
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:33 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
He was listed as the 4th highest paid center....

https://overthecap.com/position/center/
That's all good and well... he played both @ DET. Articles I read at the time of signing were that he 'could' play both, but he and the team preferred G. Drafting Cushenberry likely seals the G deal.

Here is an early projected depth chart - they have Glasgow @ C now, which makes sense until the rookie goes through camp.
[Reply]
TEX 09:35 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
And that's pretty much the idea.. if you're going to win the division, you can try to contain the Chiefs at this point, but you're better suited trying to keep it close in a shootout.

Elway drafted (apparently) through the lens of him being a QB and what would he want. So, I'm not going to fault it at this point. Especially since Cushenberry still fell their way.

I feared them losing out on an OT and a starting C and for whatever reasons, Cush was destined to stick around until they pulled the trigger and I'm very happy about that selection.

I think if Wirfs had made it to 15, that was their pick and they were hoping Hamler would be there, so they decided to go with the WR duo and see what happens with OT/C.

Again, Denver had a number of holes to fill and I think they had a pretty good draft.

Lock, Sutton, Lindsay/Gordon, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler/Hamilton/Albert O... those are some nice weapons.

Their OL will be better than last year and they didn't look as bad when Lock started playing. That's not to say it's fixed, Bolles is still a liability. But again, you can't fix it all in one draft or offseason.

I like their DL, secondary and linebackers - the defense should be at worst just as good as they finished and at best, improved - esp when you consider Chubb missed most of 2019.

They have a young nucleus with a lot of great upside, should easily contend for the 2nd place spot in the division and be a possible WC entry.

That's all I'm looking for in 2020... consistent improvement, score 7 more points a game on offense and be aggressive.
All the other teams in the division should easily compete for 2nd place. They're all closer to each other than they are to KC. :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:51 AM 04-27-2020
That's all good and well... he played both @ DET. Articles I read at the time of signing were that he 'could' play both, but he and the team preferred G. Drafting Cushenberry likely seals the G deal.

Here is an early projected depth chart - they have Glasgow @ C now, which makes sense until the rookie goes through camp.
So Center....like I said. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:01 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
All the other teams in the division should easily compete for 2nd place. They're all closer to each other than they are to KC. :-)
Well, sure, KC is in the top spot until knocked from it.

I would pencil in the Chargers for 4th at this point until we see how the QB spot goes, but they were challenged to finish 2nd with Rivers. The've finished 4th in 3 of the past 5 years, finishing 2nd in '17 and '18. At this point, I don't see them challenging for 8-10 wins in 2020. Although, anything could happen, but I doubt it is too great.

Raiders, haven't finished first since the year after 9/11. However, in the last 5 years, they've been all over the map with 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Broncos have also been all over the map the last 5 years with 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishes. The difference between them and the Raiders, they've improved by 1 win each of the last 3 seasons.

I like Lock more than Carr, but at this point they are fairly similar. It should be an interesting battle for 2nd place and we'll see if either does enough to advance as a WC.

Oak avg 19.6 PPG while Den was 17.6 -- Denver's defense was much better, so will either drop off and which offense will pick it up?

Can Denver's offense add 7-9 PPG in 2020? That's the riddle and the goal. They need to avg 24 points a game while seeing consistency in the defense playing at a high level. And, I don't think it's unrealistic to see that happen.

Broncos had a top 10 DEF in PPG last year... keep it at that level with the improved offense and things should go well.

Broncos had 5 close losses of 8 (Raiders), 2 (Bears), 2 (Jags), 2 (Colts), 4 (Vikings) - offense avg 18 PPG

Broncos had 4 close wins of 7 (Chargers), 5 (Browns), 3 (Chargers), 1 (Raiders) - offense avg 20.7 PPG

Any of those 9 games could have gone the other way.

And, Lock played in 2 of those close wins and none of the close losses. The Broncos averaged 21.4 PPG with Lock, so that's another reason why some of us have optimism.

Now, you've added Gordon, Jeudy and the others along with the OL additions. And, on DEF, yeah they lost CHJ - but let's be honest, he was getting toasted down the stretch.

Again - lots of reason for optimism and on the flipside, I think KC is still sitting pretty at the top of the division. Denver scored 9 points vs KC in 2019... gave up way too much. So, I'm certainly not projecting any type of greatness for 2020 at this point.

However, they do have their best team in quite some time - very young, lots of upside and with Shurmur calling the offense, I'm definitely looking forward to 2020.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:05 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
So Center....like I said. :-)
Let's revisit week 1...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:08 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Knowmo, have you even said one ****ing word of congratulations to us?

You come on here. Take massive shits in our glorious toilets. We show you nothing but hospitality. And you don't even say, "Hey guys... good job. Happy for you."

See, this is why people make it personal with you. This is why it goes beyond smack talk. People criticize who you are as a person. They make jokes about what your family upbringing was like. They're about as vicious as you can be on the internet.

No class, man. You have no class or character. We have zero reason to respect you. So next time you act like a wounded puppy when somebody goes too far, just remember that you have never done anything on here to make people think you're an actual human who deserves any kind of respect.
:-)

Everything else is true. I feel like I've seen every regular opposing fan show some kind of Super Bowl love, but this fucking turd just disappeared.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:11 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Sutton would start over Watson.
Your retardation truly knows no bounds.
[Reply]
Redbled 10:31 AM 04-27-2020
Some comparing the Broncos offensive skill players to the Chiefs is like us touting Gay as being as good as Miller. Unproven players don’t work that way.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:20 PM 04-27-2020
A lot of teams drafted to do this. Everyone saw Andy destroy defenses with 11 personnel and are now copying.

“We love Courtland, we love Jeudy. Get Hamler in the slot against quarters coverage, releasing upfield at 4.3 or 4.32 speed, and that’s going to put a lot of pressure on the safeties, I know that.”

- John Elway https://t.co/fK906kjBB8

— Ryan Koenigsberg (@RyanKoenigsberg) April 27, 2020

[Reply]
Rain Man 03:26 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Champions:
No Broncos skill position player would start for the Chiefs :-)
Nice job on the name change. I just noticed it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:13 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Champions:
Watson?
Watkins.. oopps.
[Reply]
TEX 05:19 PM 04-27-2020
Well, sure, KC is in the top spot until knocked from it.

I would pencil in the Chargers for 4th at this point until we see how the QB spot goes, but they were challenged to finish 2nd with Rivers. The've finished 4th in 3 of the past 5 years, finishing 2nd in '17 and '18. At this point, I don't see them challenging for 8-10 wins in 2020. Although, anything could happen, but I doubt it is too great.

Raiders, haven't finished first since the year after 9/11. However, in the last 5 years, they've been all over the map with 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Broncos have also been all over the map the last 5 years with 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishes. The difference between them and the Raiders, they've improved by 1 win each of the last 3 seasons.

I like Lock more than Carr, but at this point they are fairly similar. It should be an interesting battle for 2nd place and we'll see if either does enough to advance as a WC.

Oak avg 19.6 PPG while Den was 17.6 -- Denver's defense was much better, so will either drop off and which offense will pick it up?

Can Denver's offense add 7-9 PPG in 2020? That's the riddle and the goal. They need to avg 24 points a game while seeing consistency in the defense playing at a high level. And, I don't think it's unrealistic to see that happen.

Broncos had a top 10 DEF in PPG last year... keep it at that level with the improved offense and things should go well.

Broncos had 5 close losses of 8 (Raiders), 2 (Bears), 2 (Jags), 2 (Colts), 4 (Vikings) - offense avg 18 PPG

Broncos had 4 close wins of 7 (Chargers), 5 (Browns), 3 (Chargers), 1 (Raiders) - offense avg 20.7 PPG

Any of those 9 games could have gone the other way.

And, Lock played in 2 of those close wins and none of the close losses. The Broncos averaged 21.4 PPG with Lock, so that's another reason why some of us have optimism.

Now, you've added Gordon, Jeudy and the others along with the OL additions. And, on DEF, yeah they lost CHJ - but let's be honest, he was getting toasted down the stretch.

Again - lots of reason for optimism and on the flipside, I think KC is still sitting pretty at the top of the division. Denver scored 9 points vs KC in 2019... gave up way too much. So, I'm certainly not projecting any type of greatness for 2020 at this point.

However, they do have their best team in quite some time - very young, lots of upside and with Shurmur calling the offense, I'm definitely looking forward to 2020.
Meh...The Raiders and Bolts can make basically the same case. I'd bet when it's all said and done that no more than 3 games separate 2nd - 4th and at least 3 games separate 1st from 2nd place.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:16 PM 04-27-2020
Denver isn't even a thought let alone a concern. Chiefs have the most loaded offense the league has seen. Lllllllllllloaded llllloaded...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:19 PM 04-27-2020
ku football would be a more fitting matchup for Denver. They aren't equipped to compete with KC.
[Reply]
Page 2472 of 4806
« First < 1472197223722422246224682469247024712472 247324742475247624822522257229723472 > Last »
Up