ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Power 5 conferences moving toward postponing 2020 NCAA football season
tk13 05:45 PM 08-09-2020

Breaking news story with @RossDellenger: Nationwide conference meetings this week are expected to result in the postponement of the 2020 college football season and all fall sports.

"We've got work to do that's no fun." https://t.co/4uo3BufqSh

— Pat Forde (@ByPatForde) August 9, 2020

[Reply]
cdcox 10:13 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
****ing Big 1 Beta.
They wouldn't stop Jerry Sandusky
But they'll stop 2020
Jerry Sandusky continued to coach after his crimes were widely known by Big10 officials. Never knew that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:14 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
If Iowa State plays, and Iowa doesn’t... sounds like Iowa forfeit to me.
As opposed to every other year, when Iowa State effectively forfeits just by showing up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:58 PM 08-11-2020
https://omaha.com/sports/college/hus...a_World-Herald

Well theres that. I'm fine with it and I'm fine with Frost and the administration continuing to fight on behalf of their players. Cant speak for other schools other than Penn St and Ohio St but I've already laid out why the delay helps a school like Nebraska.

I cant imagine what a school like Mizzou will go through with a new coach having to play LSU AND Alabama under these circumstances and a new coaching staff?
[Reply]
eDave 12:27 AM 08-12-2020
This Covid thing is wild.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:38 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Let's be honest. The act of playing football voids every protocol. You're not wearing masks and you're not physical distancing. At all. So quit trying to pretend there are any protocols.

COVID is being spread in most US communities. Anyone can get it. By now, most people know people who have had it. In this situation, with no protocols, it has high potential to race through a team. On any given game day, you run the risk having a dozens of players out. To prevent this scenario, you really need to bubble the whole operation. That probably isn't feasible, but it is an interesting thought exercise.

The NFL situation is only slightly better. At least the players don't live together 24/7.
Lol
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:39 AM 08-12-2020
Jerry Sandusky continued to coach after his crimes were widely known by Big10 officials. Never knew that.
Now you do
[Reply]
RustShack 06:15 AM 08-12-2020
Let's be honest. The act of playing football voids every protocol. You're not wearing masks and you're not physical distancing. At all. So quit trying to pretend there are any protocols.

COVID is being spread in most US communities. Anyone can get it. By now, most people know people who have had it. In this situation, with no protocols, it has high potential to race through a team. On any given game day, you run the risk having a dozens of players out. To prevent this scenario, you really need to bubble the whole operation. That probably isn't feasible, but it is an interesting thought exercise.

The NFL situation is only slightly better. At least the players don't live together 24/7.
I’m assuming all P5(well, P3 now) schools have the protective shields that Iowa State already installed on their helmets? Guys have been wearing masks in practice, why can’t they during a game?

Another question I have, if 22 people who all test negative routinely are all on a field together, how do they spread something they don’t have?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:39 AM 08-12-2020
Any player that has a chance of being drafted is going to opt out of Spring football. Sounds like it's already happening behind the scenes.

One development to watch: Several top college football players are lining up agents and preparing to opt-out. This should play out over the next few days and will alter who plays in the spring. pic.twitter.com/RNJzTgBIln

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 12, 2020

[Reply]
RustShack 07:51 AM 08-12-2020
Well of course. Senior bowl, combine, draft, and all that is in the spring.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:54 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Nebraska and BYU trying to join Big12 now.
https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-com...023133028.html

Cornhuskers coach Scott Frost held a news conference Monday to essentially announce that Nebraska would attempt go rogue if the Big Ten canceled the fall football season. The news conference doubled as a pep rally and the local media jumped aboard, speculating about future opponents without bothering to Google the phrase “grant of rights.”

When Warren was asked specifically by Yahoo Sports if Nebraska could play college football this fall, he gave an answer that would make his hardline predecessor nod with approval.

“No,” he said, firmly. “Not and be a member of the Big Ten Conference.”

Warren’s concise Nebraska rebuttal is a nice window into the bottom line he used to help guide the decision that may ultimately define his career as Big Ten commissioner. He politely told Nebraska that if it goes rogue, it can pack it where the corn doesn’t husk. And the league would be happy to keep its $50 million cut and share it with those who play nice.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:04 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-com...023133028.html

Cornhuskers coach Scott Frost held a news conference Monday to essentially announce that Nebraska would attempt go rogue if the Big Ten canceled the fall football season. The news conference doubled as a pep rally and the local media jumped aboard, speculating about future opponents without bothering to Google the phrase “grant of rights.”

When Warren was asked specifically by Yahoo Sports if Nebraska could play college football this fall, he gave an answer that would make his hardline predecessor nod with approval.

“No,” he said, firmly. “Not and be a member of the Big Ten Conference.”

Warren’s concise Nebraska rebuttal is a nice window into the bottom line he used to help guide the decision that may ultimately define his career as Big Ten commissioner. He politely told Nebraska that if it goes rogue, it can pack it where the corn doesn’t husk. And the league would be happy to keep its $50 million cut and share it with those who play nice.
Didn't I read or hear that Ohio State is wanting do play this fall as well?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:05 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Didn't I read or hear that Ohio State is wanting do play this fall as well?
Their coach said it once, but they aren't pushing nearly as hard as Nebraska is.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:18 AM 08-12-2020

Big 12 will have a noon ET news conference where commissioner Bob Bowlsby will provide “an update on the 2020 fall sports season"

— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 12, 2020

[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:21 AM 08-12-2020
Ohio State coach wants to play.. President/AD voted not to play.

Lots of communication there.

Nebraska begging to be relevant again.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:47 AM 08-12-2020
Nebraska is relevant in Nebraska and it's a big part of their fall/winter economy. The Big 10 doesn't have a right to shut that down. I would also declare myself the 2020 champion by forfeit if the rest of the teams don't play.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up