ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3136 of 3903
« First < 2136263630363086312631323133313431353136 31373138313931403146318632363636 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 08:33 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I remember when he said we didn't need to wear masks back in March too....
He sure did:

LaPook, March 8: There’s a lot of confusion among people, and misinformation, surrounding face masks. Can you discuss that?

Fauci: The masks are important for someone who’s infected to prevent them from infecting someone else… Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks.

Want to guess what hadn't been confirmed when he said the bolded part, pete?

You have the accuracy and range of a Daisy BB gun on this.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:34 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
He sure did:

LaPook, March 8: There’s a lot of confusion among people, and misinformation, surrounding face masks. Can you discuss that?

Fauci: The masks are important for someone who’s infected to prevent them from infecting someone else… Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks.

Rationalize all you want. He said what he said.
[Reply]
Pants 08:37 PM 11-17-2020
I know a lot of people, people who wear masks, follow the rules, etc. that say they will refuse the vaccine. I can see various Governors and such using the "return to normalcy" as a carrot for people to get vaccinated. Once it's available of course.
If vaccine is available and you choose not to get it, I don't care if you get sick with COVID.

Once I'm vaccinated, life is back to normal for me.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:40 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
If vaccine is available and you choose not to get it, I don't care if you get sick with COVID.

Once I'm vaccinated, life is back to normal for me.
I tend to agree but the fact is it will be used in the form of "you are spreading it". Obviously to other people who didn't get the vaccine but I think you get the point.

Shit, after the study that came out today I might already be vaccinated for a long, long time. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 08:40 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
You know where it comes from.

I'll just tip toe around this subject, like pete does. It's called follow the leader.
Your tip toeing sucks.....:-)

Do it right or don't do it at all
[Reply]
Pants 08:42 PM 11-17-2020
I tend to agree but the fact is it will be used in the form of "you are spreading it". Obviously to other people who didn't get the vaccine but I think you get the point.

Shit, after the study that came out today I might already be vaccinated for a long, long time. :-)
I don't think vaccinated people can spread it and yes, you're fucking set, man.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:46 PM 11-17-2020
I don't think vaccinated people can spread it and yes, you're ****ing set, man.
I joke at work about getting it was a good thing. I was lucky, of course. Didn't end up in the hospital or worse. Finally getting my taste and smell back to about 95% now and feeling less and less fatigued.

In the end if the trade off was a few days of feeling like I had the flu and such for being immune for most likely the rest of my life (if that study is accurate) then it might be a good deal.

Then again, if you end up in the hospital or worse then yea, probably not so much.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 PM 11-17-2020
I don't think vaccinated people can spread it and yes, you're ****ing set, man.
Not for sure yet if the vaccine stops transmission. Hopefully it does but we know it stops I’ll see which is great in and of itself
[Reply]
jdubya 08:51 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
He sure did:

My Daisy shot true when I had one. Could you never hit your target?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:52 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
nope. Dr. Fauci’s stamp of approval will move more to get it than anything else. Not even close.

Dr. Fauci comes out and says I looked at the data and have some concerns, it’s dead in the water. Luckily for us, the data is supposedly great for both vaccines. :-)
You'd probably be surprised by how many "average Joe's" don't even really know who Fauci is.

The vast majority of the average American populace aren't particularly tuned in.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:54 PM 11-17-2020
I joke at work about getting it was a good thing. I was lucky, of course. Didn't end up in the hospital or worse. Finally getting my taste and smell back to about 95% now and feeling less and less fatigued.

In the end if the trade off was a few days of feeling like I had the flu and such for being immune for most likely the rest of my life (if that study is accurate) then it might be a good deal.

Then again, if you end up in the hospital or worse then yea, probably not so much.
We've taken to calling ol' Pete Super Spreader at work.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
You know where it comes from.

I'll just tip toe around this subject, like pete does. It's called follow the leader.
As I mentioned the other day, I know a lot of people that don't wear masks, won't get the vaccine, and generally don't care about anybody but themselves.

I also know how many of the vote and it's not for who you are insinuating.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:59 PM 11-17-2020
After the first responders, high-risk workers and old folks homes - is there going to be some orderly rollout of the vaccine to the rest of us - or will it be like calling for concert tickets in the old days?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:04 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
After the first responders, high-risk workers and old folks homes - is there going to be some orderly rollout of the vaccine to the rest of us - or will it be like calling for concert tickets in the old days?
more like buying Chiefs tickets for the Superbowl last year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:16 PM 11-17-2020
FDA just authorized an at home test
[Reply]
Page 3136 of 3903
« First < 2136263630363086312631323133313431353136 31373138313931403146318632363636 > Last »
Up