ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3088 of 3903
« First < 2088258829883038307830843085308630873088 30893090309130923098313831883588 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:46 PM 11-10-2020
All this extra refrigeration is gonna ruin the environment. . .
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:49 PM 11-10-2020
Highest cases and hospitalizations since this whole nightmare started. Only hope is to keep the deaths down as much as possible.

Our daily update is published. States reported 1.2 million tests and 131k cases, the highest single-day total since the pandemic started. There are 62k people currently hospitalized with COVID-19. The death toll was 1,347. pic.twitter.com/WPoX9Nj7ef

— The COVID Tracking Project (@COVID19Tracking) November 11, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 06:59 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Highest cases and hospitalizations since this whole nightmare started. Only hope is to keep the deaths down as much as possible.

I know "deaths lag" - but they don't seem to be following the same pattern as before.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:04 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I know "deaths lag" - but they don't seem to be following the same pattern as before.
Presumably, better treatments will help to keep the death rate down better than in the spring. The question is just what happens if ICUs start filling up.
[Reply]
O.city 08:08 PM 11-10-2020
We’re accelerating fast towards the ultimate superspreader event, thanksgiving.

It’s gonna get bad
[Reply]
petegz28 08:13 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

It’s gonna get bad
There were literally thousands and thousands of people in the streets at various time this last weekend celebrating the election. Now those people will go hang out with their families. Double whammy.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:18 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm rolling up my sleeve now just in case an appointment opens up earlier.
Are you over 50? Did you get your shingles shot yet?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:43 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

It’s gonna get bad
We aren’t going to be around any family for Thanksgiving this year. I have to admit I am looking forward to it. For the last 10+ years we always drive hours to go to different family Thanksgivings so it will be nice just to relax at home and watch some football and stuff my face. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:04 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Are you over 50? Did you get your shingles shot yet?
Yes and no. Can you get shingles if you've never had chicken pox?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:07 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Hot take. An NFL player dies
Mahomes or Brady?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:09 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yes and no. Can you get shingles if you've never had chicken pox?
No. Just checking. A woman at work in her early 50's just went through a bout with it for months. I'm 60 and that made me go get the shots.

Just looking out for the king of CP.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 PM 11-10-2020
No. Just checking. A woman at work in her early 50's just went through a bout with it for months. I'm 60 and that made me go get the shots.

What’s the risk of shingles? I know it’s really painful but not a lot of people get it do they? Is it a life long vaccine or a yearly thing?
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 PM 11-10-2020
We aren’t going to be around any family for Thanksgiving this year. I have to admit I am looking forward to it. For the last 10+ years we always drive hours to go to different family Thanksgivings so it will be nice just to relax at home and watch some football and stuff my face. :-)
We usually have my family’s my wife’s moms and then her dads

Her dads family thanksgiving usually has around 60 people in one house. They got rocked with covid, her two great uncles passed and her grandma and two aunts were all hospitalized with it so they’ve cancelled this year

My grqndma usually has ours at her house and we have about 50. They’re wanting to still have decided we’ll just delay and have it later in the spring or something

We’re gonna have my father in law and his wife and my wife’s brother and girlfriend over to our house and have a small one here. They’ve all already had it so we figure they’re the best people to be around
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:46 PM 11-10-2020
You could probably get in on a trial now. They are looking for volunteers here in KC right now so I bet Denver has this option.

I was looking into it today but they were wanting people who aren’t working from home.
I've actually halfway pondered that. I'd get vaccinated and I'd get paid. I don't know if I want to be completely at the front of the line, though. That's what college students are for.

I haven't thought about this yet, but let's say that a highly effective vaccine rolls in our direction. If it takes three or four months to get everyone vaccinated, do we not open up society fully until everyone's vaccinated? Do we start opening up when half are vaccinated? It seems like you have to wait until the whole process is finished (excepting some laggards on the tail end).
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:50 PM 11-10-2020

My mother has had it a couple of times and says that it's no fun at all.

Now I'm looking. Apparently I can't catch shingles, but someone who has shingles could give me chicken pox. But if I've had a chicken pox vaccine, then I can't get chicken pox which then seems to mean that I can't get shingles.

It sounds like the key to this whole thing is to protect oneself from chicken pox.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/c...ad-chickenpox/
[Reply]
Page 3088 of 3903
« First < 2088258829883038307830843085308630873088 30893090309130923098313831883588 > Last »
Up