ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3087 of 3903
« First < 2087258729873037307730833084308530863087 30883089309030913097313731873587 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:27 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
The monoclonal antibody announcement kind of came and went without much publicity.
LY-CoV555? Those results were extremely good.
[Reply]
Donger 02:42 PM 11-10-2020
The number of Americans with COVID-19 currently hospitalized has surged around 73% over the past 30 days to at least 59,008 - a record level that surpasses the previous high of 58,370 on July 22. Daily new infections, meanwhile, exceeded 100,000 for the sixth consecutive day.
[Reply]
O.city 03:12 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You can't keep schools open if you don't have teachers to teach the kids, just like you can't provide adequate care to the people who are sick if you don't have adequate staff.

MU has been on bed holds for weeks now. The peds hospital is cross training pediatric nurses to be able to cover over at the main hospital due to patient surges and staff shortages.

Columbia just went back to all-virtual through mid-January, and as much as it sucks (and it will cost us around $2,000/month), it's the right decision for the educators. I'm just glad that we can afford to shoulder that financial burden.
It's problematic for sure. But I think you also realize the vast majority of people can't shoulder that burden and have huge issues with kids not in school.

I'm not saying just open schools with no distancing or any measures, but schools have to figure out how to open.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:28 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, believe so. I would think you could just about direct ship it to hospitals on dry ice without too much of a problem as long as you can forecast how many are needed in advance. The biggest questions to me are 1) whether there are concerns with dry ice supplies in general and 2) if there will be issues with hospitals requesting more than they can use in the 10-day period and the having doses go bad.

There are challenges for sure, but I just don't see how they would be insurmountable.
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I would think so but it doesn’t last long if your in and out of container much ,but that might not be an issue. We have a hard time finding it where I live ,that also may not be an issue in the city.
Yeah, I'm sure we don't have dry ice placed strategically all over the USA yet, thats where the military comes in with their supply and logistic expertise to get that dry ice, supplies and storage containers out to the USA.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:41 PM 11-10-2020
You can't keep schools open if you don't have teachers to teach the kids, just like you can't provide adequate care to the people who are sick if you don't have adequate staff.

MU has been on bed holds for weeks now. The peds hospital is cross training pediatric nurses to be able to cover over at the main hospital due to patient surges and staff shortages.

Columbia just went back to all-virtual through mid-January, and as much as it sucks (and it will cost us around $2,000/month), it's the right decision for the educators. I'm just glad that we can afford to shoulder that financial burden.
I and the wife work/teach from home. Son is taking college courses from home.

Most people don't have jobs where they can work remotely long term. Its just not practical. Kids need to be in a physical school for their long term benefit. It's definitely something that must be dealt with on a national scale.

Everyone's tired of this shit. Covid spread, right now, is at the worst its ever been in the USA. Any buffon can see this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. We are supposed to open up more? How?
[Reply]
O.city 03:51 PM 11-10-2020
Focus testing on schools if you have to. Shoulda been done from the get go.
[Reply]
O.city 03:52 PM 11-10-2020
Cases, hospitalizations and deaths spiking back here after a lull. Dunno if it's from Halloween?

I'm not looking forward to post thanksgiving and xmas.
[Reply]
TLO 04:12 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Cases, hospitalizations and deaths spiking back here after a lull. Dunno if it's from Halloween?

I'm not looking forward to post thanksgiving and xmas.
That's what our local Chief Medical Officer said.

"Looking at about 10 days out from Halloween"

Truthfully I think it's just spreading like wildfire all over the place and Halloween had very little to do with it overall.

If you subscribe to the theory that we're catching 1 out of 5 cases, that's 500,000 - 600,000 new cases a day. There's no containing that. There's no stopping it. People just have to take responsibility for themselves and do their best to protect themselves. Even with those measures in place there's no guarantee you won't get sick.

At least we have some theraputic options on the table and a vaccine on the horizon.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:06 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
That's what our local Chief Medical Officer said.

"Looking at about 10 days out from Halloween"

Truthfully I think it's just spreading like wildfire all over the place and Halloween had very little to do with it overall.

If you subscribe to the theory that we're catching 1 out of 5 cases, that's 500,000 - 600,000 new cases a day. There's no containing that. There's no stopping it. People just have to take responsibility for themselves and do their best to protect themselves. Even with those measures in place there's no guarantee you won't get sick.

At least we have some theraputic options on the table and a vaccine on the horizon.
Like O.city has been saying, we're just in it at this point.

The time to get the numbers down is long past, and no one has the appetite for restricting things further. So hang onto your butts, tell your parents and grandparents you love them, and wait until the vaccines and therapeutics can save us - hopefully only another few months.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:44 PM 11-10-2020
Dr Fauci says the average citizen will start getting vaccinated starting in April most likely.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:48 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Dr Fauci says the average citizen will start getting vaccinated starting in April most likely.
I'm rolling up my sleeve now just in case an appointment opens up earlier.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:49 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm rolling up my sleeve now just in case an appointment opens up earlier.
You could probably get in on a trial now. They are looking for volunteers here in KC right now so I bet Denver has this option.

I was looking into it today but they were wanting people who aren’t working from home.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:56 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Like O.city has been saying, we're just in it at this point.

The time to get the numbers down is long past, and no one has the appetite for restricting things further. So hang onto your butts, tell your parents and grandparents you love them, and wait until the vaccines and therapeutics can save us - hopefully only another few months.
Agreed. We should still be doing the basics, face masks, social distancing etc. but.... its going to be a bumpy couple of months.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:07 PM 11-10-2020
Hot take. An NFL player dies
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:43 PM 11-10-2020
Sure. But instead of deciding to close the whole district, it seems like the district should figure out how many teachers would be comfortable teaching in person.

Focus on trying to provide in person instruction for K-6 for those parents that want it.
[Reply]
Page 3087 of 3903
« First < 2087258729873037307730833084308530863087 30883089309030913097313731873587 > Last »
Up