ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 63
« First < 9495556575859 60616263 >
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
notorious 09:27 PM 06-27-2018
How in the fuck could they fuck this up?

If it wasn’t Star Wars I would be laughing my ass off. If you are Disney you clean house. Fuck her loyalists. Too bad Disney is the very definition of PC.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:56 PM 06-27-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
How in the fuck could they fuck this up?

If it wasn’t Star Wars I would be laughing my ass off. If you are Disney you clean house. Fuck her loyalists. Too bad Disney is the very definition of PC.
Reminds me of the ending of History of Violence. :-)

[Reply]
007 12:04 AM 06-28-2018
I think its too late to fix it at this point.
[Reply]
notorious 12:25 AM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
I agree to a point. There is a lot of momentum built, and it’s going the opposite way that Disney wants it to go.

It will take a top 1-2 Star Wars movie EVER to turn things around. The sad thing is that they killed off several key components that could have helped create the movie needed.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:38 AM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Trying to think of a bigger cluster **** in movie history. This was a license to print money. Nobody wanted some cinematic masterpiece... just ****ing Star Wars as we know Star Wars. JFC.
I don’t know why it is so hard for them to grasp that you can’t have different people with different visions creating a trilogy of supposed “connected” films when the guy making the second one throws out the road map and just wings it.

Rian Johnson is a terrible writer and story teller who doesn’t know these characters or this universe. He made a beautiful-looking movie but the whole effort to subvert expectations wasn’t daring — it was just stupid and inconsistent with decades of established storytelling by filmmakers far more skilled then him. TLJ is a disjointed mess and the sooner Disney realizes giving RJ the keys to the car was a bad idea the sooner they may be able to move on.

They can’t really remake the movie, but they’d go a long way to righting the ship by removing the five seconds where Luke disappears at the end so they can bring him back in Episode 9 and undo the damage RJ has caused.
[Reply]
007 12:48 AM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I don’t know why it is so hard for them to grasp that you can’t have different people with different visions creating a trilogy of supposed “connected” films when the guy making the second one throws out the road map and just wings it.

Rian Johnson is a terrible writer and story teller who doesn’t know these characters or this universe. He made a beautiful-looking movie but the whole effort to subvert expectations wasn’t daring — it was just stupid and inconsistent with decades of established storytelling by filmmakers far more skilled then him. TLJ is a disjointed mess and the sooner Disney realizes giving RJ the keys to the car was a bad idea the sooner they may be able to move on.

They can’t really remake the movie, but they’d go a long way to righting the ship by removing the five seconds where Luke disappears at the end so they can bring him back in Episode 9 and undo the damage RJ has caused.
Well, they've already destroyed the Skywalker saga one film too early. I think it would be best if they just abandoned it altogether and go with the one offs. Obi Wan has serious potential but if they keep up this SJW bullshit they will find a way to kill that too probably.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:36 AM 06-28-2018
The Skywalker Saga can be salvaged, but the current iteration needs to be scrapped ala X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Either a full reboot, or " Star Trek" the motherfucker
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:38 AM 06-28-2018
Rian Johnson is a terrible writer and story teller
Objectively false.

Rotten tomatoes ratings of his films:

Brick - 79%
Brothers Bloom - 67%
Looper - 93%
Out of Print - 80%
The Last Jedi - 91%

Average: 82

He's not Steven Spielberg but his films have all been well reviewed consistently, which certainly doesn't point to "terrible writer and story teller."

TLJ wasn't everyone's cup of tea but Rian Johnson is an accomplished filmmaker who will keep getting lots of projects.
[Reply]
007 02:16 AM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Objectively false.

Rotten tomatoes ratings of his films:

Brick - 79%
Brothers Bloom - 67%
Looper - 93%
Out of Print - 80%
The Last Jedi - 91%

Average: 82

He's not Steven Spielberg but his films have all been well reviewed consistently, which certainly doesn't point to "terrible writer and story teller."

TLJ wasn't everyone's cup of tea but Rian Johnson is an accomplished filmmaker who will keep getting lots of projects.
I've only see Looper and loved it but TLJ did not deserve that rating and I certainly feel it was skewed in his favor by the critics.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:27 AM 06-28-2018
I've only see Looper and loved it but TLJ did not deserve that rating and I certainly feel it was skewed in his favor by the critics.
Clay is so disingenuous when it comes to the TLJ...

Lets look at audience scores, the ones that actually buy tickets, for his movies instead of the shitty critics that wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them on the ass...

Brick - 86%
Brothers Bloom - 64%
Looper - 82%
Out of Print - 62%
The Last Jedi - 46%

Average - 68%

He is the Applebee's of movie making
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:53 AM 06-28-2018
A Darth Vader movie focusing on what happened after his battle with Obi-Wan to Episode 1 would rock and roll.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:01 AM 06-28-2018
Audience scores are fucking stupid. It's not representative of the population. Just a bunch of fucking basement-dwelling nerds pounding their dicks to negative attention online.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:02 AM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Audience scores are ****ing stupid. It's not representative of the population. Just a bunch of ****ing basement-dwelling nerds pounding their dicks to negative attention online.
Critics are a bunch of Hollywood liberal elitist. Give me the real people any day.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:14 AM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Critics are a bunch of Hollywood liberal elitist. Give me the real people any day.
I don’t trust either one at this point. Most critics are liberal elitists who care more about agenda pushing than movies, and most people are morons who just want more splosions and CGI comic book bullshit.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:25 AM 06-28-2018

Just bring back Luke as a force ghost in the next one.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 63
« First < 9495556575859 60616263 >
Up