ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 63
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:02 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I thought they already starting shooting again. Didn't Howard post a couple of really minor funny photos from set?
I didn't think that filming would resume until next week, although Ron Howard's been in London on the set since the end of June.

Either way. I'm glad the photos are from L&M's time. Thanks.
Well, that's neither here nor there if those scenes weren't specific to Kasdan's script. The sets, however, where built for the scene so I'd imagine they'd appear in the final film, unless of course, they're edited out.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 12:33 PM 07-12-2017
Ah. Looks like shooting proper resumes today (7/12) but they did have a day of shooting earlier to accommodate Thandie's schedule. This according to NME.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 12:37 PM 07-12-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, that's neither here nor there if those scenes weren't specific to Kasdan's script. The sets, however, where built for the scene so I'd imagine they'd appear in the final film, unless of course, they're edited out.
Right. No, I know. I just like the look of the thing and was confused if it was from the original shoot or any potential re-shoots/pick-ups/whatever.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:18 AM 07-17-2017
Back to filming

#Chewie checking the shot. #UntitledHanSoloMovie pic.twitter.com/Ia3ZT5Bv5h

— Ron Howard (@RealRonHoward) July 17, 2017

[Reply]
Bowser 10:27 AM 07-17-2017
Two Wookies on the screen?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:30 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Two Wookies on the screen?
Could be, if the script stays true to the old canon that Han saved Chewie from captivity by the Empire.

He could be saying goodbye to a friend or family member or someone he's leaving behind.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:46 AM 07-17-2017

Two Wookies confirmed
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:58 PM 07-17-2017
The return of "Lumpy"?

We can only hope!
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:53 AM 07-18-2017

Two Wookies confirmed
So what do we think is going on in the background, over that wookie's shoulder? Just someone walking by? Do they have a weapon?
[Reply]
unlurking 06:02 PM 07-18-2017
So what do we think is going on in the background, over that wookie's shoulder? Just someone walking by? Do they have a weapon?
TV. The wookies are watching Empire Strikes Back.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 01:18 AM 07-19-2017
If you have a half hour to waste, RedLetterMedia's released their predictions of the Han Solo movie plot line.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:45 AM 07-19-2017

Hyperspace is real. My first experience. Wow. pic.twitter.com/POilRi5ePX

— Ron Howard (@RealRonHoward) July 19, 2017

[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:28 AM 07-19-2017

Ron Howard is annoyingly getting me interested in this project again.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:11 PM 07-26-2017
John Powell will compose the score for the Han Solo stand alone film.

Interesting choice.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:14 PM 07-26-2017
He nailed the scores for How To Train Your Dragon.

Great choice.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 63
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up