ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 63
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:22 PM 06-29-2017
From some of Disney's merchandising partners:

“One month ago, a Han Solo sizzle reel was shown to Disney licensees and people were very impressed with it. They were especially impressed with Glover and Ehrenreich. Alden will do just fine as young Han.”

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:33 PM 07-09-2017
awesome...also an homage to the carbon chamber

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:41 PM 07-09-2017
Here's what I was told today. Take it for what it's worth but it's from a big time cinematographer:

"You don't fuck with Lawrence Kasdan".

FYI, he was so pissed off with the dailies and the script variations that he hopped on a jet from LA and flew as fast as possible to London.

He's a legacy guy and carries a lot of weight.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:44 PM 07-09-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
awesome...also an homage to the carbon chamber
That's a Kasdan scene that Lord and Miller shot.

Hopefully, it stays (or a variation).
[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:20 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Here's what I was told today. Take it for what it's worth but it's from a big time cinematographer:

"You don't fuck with Lawrence Kasdan".

FYI, he was so pissed off with the dailies and the script variations that he hopped on a jet from LA and flew as fast as possible to London.

Did you get any insight on how Lord and Miller "fucked" with Kasdan? Was it just the tampering with the script? (that would be enough, I suppose).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:47 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Did you get any insight on how Lord and Miller "fucked" with Kasdan? Was it just the tampering with the script? (that would be enough, I suppose).
Yes, Lord & Miller deviated from the script so heinously that Kasdan lost his shit. After consulting with KK, they fired Lord & Miller.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 05:01 PM 07-10-2017
Yes, Lord & Miller deviated from the script so heinously that Kasdan lost his shit. After consulting with KK, they fired Lord & Miller.
Oh, okay. So, they didn't fuck his wife or anything...
Kasdan's just being an old school hard ass. Nothing wrong with that when you have his reputation.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:18 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Oh, okay. So, they didn't fuck his wife or anything...
Kasdan's just being an old school hard ass. Nothing wrong with that when you have his reputation.
Yeah, the guy wrote the script for Empire and ROTJ, he co-wrote Epi 7, wrote and directed Silverado and The Big Chill, wrote the screenplay for Raiders of the Lost Ark and so on.

That's not a guy you mess with.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:54 PM 07-10-2017
Yeah, the guy wrote the script for Empire and ROTJ, he co-wrote Epi 7, wrote and directed Silverado and The Big Chill, wrote the screenplay for Raiders of the Lost Ark and so on.

That's not a guy you mess with.
Don't forget the Accidental Tourist!

I only know this because I wrote an essay on the male gaze In the movie and how Kasdan's choices separated the film from the original text. God graduate school sucked.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:00 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Don't forget the Accidental Tourist!

I only know this because I wrote an essay on the male gaze In the movie and how Kasdan's choices separated the film from the original text. God graduate school sucked.
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:57 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I wrote an essay on the male gaze In the movie and how Kasdan's choices separated the film from the original text.
That would legit turn me into a homosexual.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 03:07 PM 07-11-2017
That's a Kasdan scene that Lord and Miller shot.

Hopefully, it stays (or a variation).
Just to clarify: are those images older images from before L&M were fired? Or are those new images from a recent/new shoot that Howard is re-doing?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:27 PM 07-11-2017

"You don't **** with Lawrence Kasdan".

wow, yea, that was pretty ballsy if thats what happened.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:03 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
Just to clarify: are those images older images from before L&M were fired? Or are those new images from a recent/new shoot that Howard is re-doing?
Yes, before firing Lord & Miller.

Shooting doesn't begin until next week.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 05:48 PM 07-11-2017
Yes, before firing Lord & Miller.

Shooting doesn't begin until next week.
Cool.

I thought they already starting shooting again. Didn't Howard post a couple of really minor funny photos from set?

Either way. I'm glad the photos are from L&M's time. Thanks.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 63
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up