ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 30
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Four major art projects for new KCI terminal revealed
neech 10:50 PM 04-09-2021
The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.
:-)

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:12 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
That’s why you’re an incel, seeking acceptance here.
The dude is literally obsessed with Clay or he is Clay
[Reply]
srvy 08:44 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You said "KC isn't a City that lurks in airports."

Well, they aren't a city that lurks in an airport that was a cramped mess beyond security with very little to do besides wait for your plane.

Much like saying "people in KC hate baseball" prior to 2014.. and guess what, they put a decent product on the field and people suddenly love baseball!

Well.... give Kansas Citians a decent product to fly in/out of, including BBQ and beer and things beyond security for the first time ever, they might actually change their habits, no?
Well you better hurry and fly into the new MCI before they pull the steel curtains down on those drinking and eating establishments. All you will have is a Dunkin Donuts and a packaged sammie and 10 buck bud lite from the City Market. Kansas Citians aren't traveling just south of St Joe for airport entertainment. I have lived in the Northland most my life its just a fact. I was a TWA brat growing up I know KC and the Airlines.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:51 PM 04-29-2023
On a slightly different but related note, I very seldom fly first class, but last December I got a good points deal on a flight to Europe. I spent a couple of days in New York on the way back and then got aboard my first-class pod to fly back to Denver. This was on Christmas Day and there were delays, but I discovered that delays don't hurt you when you're in a first class pod. I had my footstool up in my recliner, drinkng my complimentary soft drink, and I had the TV on, and frankly I didn't mind sitting on the runway for a while. Meanwhile, the peasants back in coach were getting leg cramps and fighting for armrest space. It makes you think about how money really can buy happiness.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:56 PM 04-29-2023
And on the subject of the KC airport, I'll look forward to seeing it at some point. The old airport design was pretty much the worst I've ever encountered in a US airport. I suspect it was just a pre-9/11 design that couldn't accommodate the high-security world, but it was a terrible experience. The new one has to be better.

That said, I avoid the KC airport whenever I can because of the car rental fees. I actually just priced a trip to KC as one of several options for a business thing, and I'll need a car for a month. The TAXES on a one-month rental from the KC airport were $600. That's not the car rental cost. That's the taxes that are added to the rental. I'll fly into a different airport for solely that reason. KC voters think they can fund the world by fleecing visitors, and I'm pulling their greedy little hands out of my pocket.
[Reply]
srvy 09:07 PM 04-29-2023
:-)
^^

Is a bobo eejit Mick
[Reply]
srvy 09:10 PM 04-29-2023
Until I read a scurvy post, I never had the pleasure of reading asphyxiated thought that in real life probably sounds like a cow chewing a cud.
^^

Such a Gobshite:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:26 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Last time I was in downtown St Pete, I went to a farmer's market and to a jazz night that (to my surprise) looked like a retirement home dance-off at the Floridian Social.... so yeah, that's probably not it.
City used to be nicknamed Gods waiting room for all the really really old people. Now those young whippersnappers have gentrified the whole city. 20-30 story condos going up on every square foot of empty space. Hip/cool bars/dining everywhere. Needless to say, I’m the fly in their ointment these days.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:25 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
^^

Is a bobo eejit Mick
Always a try hard. Still, you have such a strong, natural, almost superlative insignificance about you. And you carry it like flag man on a roadside. Proud. Knowing your peak has been reached.

Pretty amazing.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:28 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
And on the subject of the KC airport, I'll look forward to seeing it at some point. The old airport design was pretty much the worst I've ever encountered in a US airport. I suspect it was just a pre-9/11 design that couldn't accommodate the high-security world, but it was a terrible experience. The new one has to be better.

That said, I avoid the KC airport whenever I can because of the car rental fees. I actually just priced a trip to KC as one of several options for a business thing, and I'll need a car for a month. The TAXES on a one-month rental from the KC airport were $600. That's not the car rental cost. That's the taxes that are added to the rental. I'll fly into a different airport for solely that reason. KC voters think they can fund the world by fleecing visitors, and I'm pulling their greedy little hands out of my pocket.
Kevin, can you take and Uber into the city and then find transportation from a city car rental place? I’ve done that in a few cities and saved decent money.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:31 PM 04-29-2023
Kevin, can you take and Uber into the city and then find transportation from a city car rental place? I’ve done that in a few cities and saved decent money.
I actually priced out going over into Kansas and doing that on a past rental. That one was a shorter rental and I think it may have saved a pittance that wasn't worth the time. But good point here and I hadn't thought to test it - on a monthlong rental I bet I'd save notable money by getting away from the airport first. I'll have to look into that.
[Reply]
srvy 11:28 PM 04-29-2023
Always a try hard. Still, you have such a strong, natural, almost superlative insignificance about you. And you carry it like flag man on a roadside. Proud. Knowing your peak has been reached.

Pretty amazing.
You have an apt avatar photo.

A choker at golf.

And you choking on the cocks.

Go to bed Manke
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:39 AM 04-30-2023
Well you better hurry and fly into the new MCI before they pull the steel curtains down on those drinking and eating establishments. All you will have is a Dunkin Donuts and a packaged sammie and 10 buck bud lite from the City Market. Kansas Citians aren't traveling just south of St Joe for airport entertainment. I have lived in the Northland most my life its just a fact. I was a TWA brat growing up I know KC and the Airlines.
Not sure why you keep drawing such weird conclusions.

People arrive far too early for flights all the time. Now there are food options very close to the gate. People like food and will even pay terrible prices for it.

It's not rocket surgery.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:42 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Thanks for paying for the Sprint Center! :-)

I've tried that once or twice, but most or maybe all of the car rental places outside of the airport have terrible hours and some are M-F... it's bad enough that I'd almost cry collusion to force people to pay airport taxes.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:47 AM 04-30-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
City used to be nicknamed Gods waiting room for all the really really old people. Now those young whippersnappers have gentrified the whole city. 20-30 story condos going up on every square foot of empty space. Hip/cool bars/dining everywhere. Needless to say, I’m the fly in their ointment these days.
Yeah, I was walking from Cycle Brewing towards the farmer's market one day and there was bumper to bumper traffic for blocks at like Noon or 1 on a Saturday, and walked by a couple of condo construction projects... it's ridiculous they're trying to cram even more people into that area given the amount of traffic and lack of public transportation options.

That area is already a nightmare, taking 45 minutes to drive 15 miles into Tampa, much less all of the traffic up and down the coast towards/beyond Siesta Key, in Tampa itself, to/from Orlando, etc. Not sure how much the snow birds contributed to that while I was down there, but I had an easier time getting around San Diego.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:52 AM 04-30-2023
You have an apt avatar photo.

A choker at golf.

And you choking on the cocks.

Go to bed Manke
You're a very angry person
[Reply]
Page 22 of 30
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up