ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 92
« First < 192526272829 303132333979 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:01 AM 01-20-2021
There's no stopping Kelce. Everyone has tried it. The best that any team ever did was NE a coupl- three years ago. Belichick used two players to jam Kelce at the LoS on every snap. Then the year after they changed the rules and no one's ever managed to stop Kelce since. Short of expending ridiculous resources, you're not stopping Travis. BUF will either put a LB/S or CB/S on Kelce, and hope to contain him. Maybe he only catches 5-6 for 50-70 yds, and a TD. If you're lucky.

Have to double Hill with a CB/S. There's no going 1v1 with him, I don't care how good you think T. White is. No DC that wants to keep his job would do that. So doubling Hill.

That's four players to cover two guys.

Now you still have to cover Watkins, Drob/Hardman. And CEH. That's singling up on those three guys. At least one if not two of them will get open on every passing snap.

So no bringing 6 rushers. Forget about that. At most you're bringing 5. Otherwise, you're only rushing 3-4. Which means letting Mahomes stand in the pocket and survey the field.

This is not a good situation for BUF, period.

And we haven't even talked about the rushing attack with CEH.

Or the fact that in week 6 we held Allen to just 122 yards passing.

And this isn't about BUF being a good or bad team. I think offensively BUF is a pretty good team. But defensively, they're running into the same problem the rest of the league has run into, which is that there simply aren't enough defenders for the task. And BUF's passing defense might be good, but KC has already faced and beaten the top 5 passing defenses in the league. Some of them more than once in the last two seasons.

BUF doesn't have a top 5 passing defense, so they're behind the 8-ball before the game even begins.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:06 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Everybody thought last week would be a shootout. They held Cleveland to 17 points.

Keep fucking doubting the Chiefs defense. :-)
KC's defense held CLE to 9 points below their season average.

And, if anyone cared to look, KC's defense has held almost every playoff team that they've faced this season to nearly a TD (or more) below their average.

But, and it won't take a minute, one of these trolls will pop up and say, "KC's defense is ranked in the bottom half of the league!" Because they won't even take a second to look and understand that that 'ranking' is based off total yards/season. No context at all.

Which is actually how I like it now. I love it when some goob says that shit. Just proves their ignorance right off the bat. And it's just beautiful when our D proves them wrong whenthe game is actually played.
[Reply]
Finger/Butts fan 12:11 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

And, if anyone cared to look, KC's defense has held almost every playoff team that they've faced this season to nearly a TD (or more) below their average.

But, and it won't take a minute, one of these trolls will pop up and say, "KC's defense is ranked in the bottom half of the league!" Because they won't even take a second to look and understand that that 'ranking' is based off total yards/season. No context at all.

Which is actually how I like it now. I love it when some goob says that shit. Just proves their ignorance right off the bat. And it's just beautiful when our D proves them wrong whenthe game is actually played.

Bills fans get it. Same boat, lots of teams playing catch up. Points and yardage in garbage time.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 12:17 AM 01-20-2021

I was confident going into last weeks game until Pat got hurt. If Pat starts we win. The Chiefs are battle tested against better opponents and we simply have too many weapons for the Bills to keep up.

Also I’d like to point out that good barbecue is an art form that takes years to perfect whereas buffalo wings are overrated bar food that anyone can make.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:27 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I was confident going into last weeks game until Pat got hurt. If Pat starts we win. The Chiefs are battle tested against better opponents and we simply have too many weapons for the Bills to keep up.

Also I’d like to point out that good barbecue is an art form that takes years to perfect whereas buffalo wings are overrated bar food that anyone can make.
:-)

For a few minutes I was very concerned after Mahomes got hurt. But then everyone stepped up. Hill, Kelce, Williams . . . and basically the entire defense after that 18 play drive. And I don't even fault them for that drive. Let's give credit where credit is due.

CLE as an offensive unit balled out on that drive. They didn't get a bunch of cheese from the refs; they drove down the field and made a bunch of great plays. Some of those pass-and-catches were as good as they could be.

But on the next drive, KC stoned them. 6 plays, 12 yards, 4 minutes and change. PUNT.

And then our offense ran out the last 4 minutes of the game. Like they've done a dozen times before this season. just 4 years ago we probably lose that game. Now, it's just what we do.
[Reply]
Finger/Butts fan 12:28 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:

You mean better opponents like the Raiders? A team K C struggled against. Buffalo, not so much IMO.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Figster/Bills fan:
You mean better opponents like the Raiders? A team K C struggled against. Buffalo, not so much IMO.
Keep clinging to that Raiders loss. You of all people should know that division games are a whole different beast. You play them twice a years, every year.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs beat the fucking BILLS, head to head. They beat the Buccaneers, the Saints, the Ravens, and finally the Browns. They beat 3 of the top 5 DVOA teams, all 3 ON THE ROAD.

Moron.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:32 AM 01-20-2021
When did KC struggle against LVR? Check the boxscores. KC scored plenty. 67 points between the two games this season? How is that struggling?

Spags made two bad calls in the first meeting, which he owned in the post-game presser. He made two mistakes, and it ended up giving LVR 2 TDs.

In the second game, he didn't make those mistakes, and we won.
[Reply]
Finger/Butts fan 12:37 AM 01-20-2021
Keep clinging to that Raiders loss. You of all people should know that division games are a whole different beast. You play them twice a years, every year.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs beat the ****ing BILLS, head to head. They beat the Buccaneers, the Saints, the Ravens, and finally the Browns. They beat 3 of the top 5 DVOA teams, all 3 ON THE ROAD.

Moron.
We swept our Division so theres that...
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:37 AM 01-20-2021
When did KC struggle against LVR? Check the boxscores. KC scored plenty. 67 points between the two games this season? How is that struggling?

Spags made two bad calls in the first meeting, which he owned in the post-game presser. He made two mistakes, and it ended up giving LVR 2 TDs.

Don't bother.

It was fun while it lasted but he's going down the rathole now. Just like the other trolls.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:38 AM 01-20-2021
We swept our Division so theres that...
Every year? Dumbass.
[Reply]
Finger/Butts fan 12:39 AM 01-20-2021

Ummm, losing
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 12:39 AM 01-20-2021
:-)

For a few minutes I was very concerned after Mahomes got hurt. But then everyone stepped up. Hill, Kelce, Williams . . . and basically the entire defense after that 18 play drive. And I don't even fault them for that drive. Let's give credit where credit is due.

CLE as an offensive unit balled out on that drive. They didn't get a bunch of cheese from the refs; they drove down the field and made a bunch of great plays. Some of those pass-and-catches were as good as they could be.

But on the next drive, KC stoned them. 6 plays, 12 yards, 4 minutes and change. PUNT.

And then our offense ran out the last 4 minutes of the game. Like they've done a dozen times before this season. just 4 years ago we probably lose that game. Now, it's just what we do.
I was worried that they had Kareem Hunt with fresh legs running the ball down the stretch. I think our last defensive series doesn’t get enough credit for that three and out they forced.
[Reply]
Finger/Butts fan 12:41 AM 01-20-2021
Every year? Dumbass.
Can you guys even form a post without the insults?

Seriously...
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:41 AM 01-20-2021
Don't bother.

It was fun while it lasted but he's going down the rathole now. Just like the other trolls.
Meh. He hasn't tried to tick me off, so until then, he's at zero. He's not a negative or a positive. Yet.

Besides, I'm bored. I need to talk football with someone. Not picky right now.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 92
« First < 192526272829 303132333979 > Last »
Up