ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 792 of 3903
« First < 292692742782788789790791792 79379479579680284289212921792 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:36 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Feeling pretty good today.

Finally found the food supplies I was in dire need of. Having a nice afternoon out with the wife and kid and while no employer will probably hire me till the stay at home is over, so far I've had a bunch of interest from companies for jobs.

Fortunate enough to have some money socked away to be able to keep on keeping on till the order expires.

Thanks to BRC for keeping me in the loop for any possibilities and everyone keep safe.

Spoiler!
Got the interest of a "totally not MLM" company where you're required not only to drive business by selling product but can't they outright say you can't make good commissions until you recruit other commissioned salespeople.

:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:37 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Got the interest of a "totally not MLM" company where you're required not only to drive business by selling product but can't they outright say you can't make good commissions until you recruit other commissioned salespeople.

:-)
Cutco knives? Lol
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:39 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We did it!!!! USA has overtaken Italy for the most Coronavirus cases pushing the Americans into the #2 spot. They are minutes away from overtaking prohibitive favorite & hated rival China for the #1 spot.

USA USA USA USA USA USA!!

The number in the far right column that you cut off is really the important one.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:40 PM 03-26-2020
Cutco knives? Lol
No they're (purporting) to be small business lenders, but as far as I know that field is locked up pretty tightly and I'm pretty sure they don't cut your ass if you don't make sales goals in one month.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:41 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
No they're (purporting) to be small business lenders, but as far as I know that field is locked up pretty tightly and I'm pretty sure they don't cut your ass if you don't make sales goals in one month.
Oh they will. Just keep looking IMO.

If you're looking at sales, I see Selectquote is hiring like bandits. Good way to get in the ins biz and move onto something better in a year.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:41 PM 03-26-2020
Maybe it is just semantics, but I think this is a good reason to not issue a "shelter-in-place" order...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...241515451.html

Originally Posted by :
The city of Miami issued a shelter-in-place order earlier this week, but Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez said he does not plan to do the same for the entire county. Gimenez said his decision to close non-essential businesses, parks and beaches while encouraging social distancing is very similar to enacting a stay-at-home order.

“A shelter-in-place order should only be used for hurricanes, tornadoes and active shooter incidents,” Gimenez wrote in a message posted to Facebook. “Under my emergency orders people should act as if they have the virus and stay safe at home so they don’t contribute to the spread of COVID-19.”
In order for these measures to be effective, there needs to be sustained adherence, and long term adherence is not realistically sustainable with excessively harsh/intrusive measures.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:41 PM 03-26-2020
Those numbers aren't even accurate, Chinas numbers are far far higher than that and frankly so are ours.
[Reply]
Donger 02:42 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The number in the far right column that you cut off is really the important one.
No it isn't.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:44 PM 03-26-2020
Oh they will. Just keep looking IMO.
I drunkenly applied to something on Linkedin the other night (failing to read the fine print about providing a cover letter), got DM'd by the HR contact asking me to provide on the next morning, sent it before the end of the workday (whatever that means anymore) and radio silence since then.

Like I said: last time around it took sending 200 applications to yield around a dozen phone screens and then three in person interviews.

I'm imagining it will take double that and will have to start applying outside of Kansas City.. or start to radically distort my resume to get some attention.
[Reply]
loochy 02:44 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Maybe it is just semantics, but I think this is a good reason to not issue a "shelter-in-place" order...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...241515451.html

In order for these measures to be effective, there needs to be sustained adherence, and long term adherence is not realistically sustainable with excessively harsh/intrusive measures.
If all of the gathering places and businesses are closed, then there's really not much to do out anyway. It takes care of itself without freaking people out.
[Reply]
burt 02:46 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No it isn't.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Monticore 02:47 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I think the z pack is a protein synthesis inhibitor,but that mostly works on bacteria. I haven't heard of it inhibiting rhinovirus or coronas, and I don't see how it could. As you said, it probably just prevents secondary bacterial infection. The hydrochloroqine allows zinc to enter the cell and inhibit RNA replicase, stopping the virus proliferation. The zinc/chloro combo is the key, not the zpac
HCQ has anti-inflammatory effects as well.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:48 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No it isn't.
Really? How else are you supposed to compare countries of different sizes? Which is exactly what he is doing.

Your opinions are not automatically facts.
[Reply]
Donger 02:48 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
:-):-):-):-)
Sorry, but if you think that deaths per million is the really important number compared to the others....
[Reply]
Mecca 02:49 PM 03-26-2020
What's really important is New York says you shouldn't do a rim job right now due to Corona spread.
[Reply]
Page 792 of 3903
« First < 292692742782788789790791792 79379479579680284289212921792 > Last »
Up