ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 139 of 200
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
mcaj22 06:51 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That's part of it, but Hayward was honestly never that good anyway. Ainge should have taken more risk than he did with all these assets he accumulated but he kept waiting for something that never ended up happening instead of taking advantage of an opportunity/taking a risk like Ujiri did and it cost them.
I don't disagree but Tatum and Brown are still only 21 and 22. They aren't even in their primes yet. Let's see how they are at 27/28 in their prime. Surely one of them could hit elite tier. It's a worthy gamble.

When Tatum and Brown are Kawhi's current age now, Lebron will be in his Jordan Wizards phase, KD will be toast, and Kawhi will be 33 on the backswing. That's when the iron could be hot to strike. Embiid won't have any back or knees left by then to challenge them in the East either.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:54 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t see how it doesn’t. A top 3 player along with another top 5-8 and the Warriors/Rockets going through a transition period?
I still think right now the Rockets are still the favs but that depends on who else the Lakers bring in. Got to remember Lebron is going to be 35 and coming off his first major injury and probably more to come.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:01 PM 06-15-2019
Of course we can’t forget about the young upstart Nuggets
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:05 PM 06-15-2019
Apparently Kawhi has been telling the other players at these parties in Vegas/Miami that he's staying. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:06 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
I don't disagree but Tatum and Brown are still only 21 and 22. They aren't even in their primes yet. Let's see how they are at 27/28 in their prime. Surely one of them could hit elite tier. It's a worthy gamble.

When Tatum and Brown are Kawhi's current age now, Lebron will be in his Jordan Wizards phase, KD will be toast, and Kawhi will be 33 on the backswing. That's when the iron could be hot to strike. Embiid won't have any back or knees left by then to challenge them in the East either.
I don't see it, but I suppose it is too early to write either off. Brown was pretty terrible this year, though.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:14 PM 06-15-2019
I don't see it, but I suppose it is too early to write either off. Brown was pretty terrible this year, though.
Kyrie coming back was a detriment to the team and the young guys. I agree with you in regards to Boston not going after Kawhi, huge mistake by Ainge.
[Reply]
Setsuna 07:15 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They need a better bench and they'll be a nightmare to deal with.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:16 PM 06-15-2019
Apparently Kawhi has been telling the other players at these parties in Vegas/Miami that he's staying. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
What kind of moves do you expect the Raptors to make to get better?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:18 PM 06-15-2019
Not saying he’s leaving, but I wouldn’t take anything he says right after winning a title too seriously. Give him a few months to come down from the championship high. Then see where he is.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:19 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Curious to see what they get out of Porter
[Reply]
staylor26 07:27 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Not saying he’s leaving, but I wouldn’t take anything he says right after winning a title too seriously. Give him a few months to come down from the championship high. Then see where he is.
A few months?

This decision will probably be made in less than a month.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:27 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What kind of moves do you expect the Raptors to make to get better?
If Kawhi stays, they'll just try to bring back the same team more or less (sign Green, hope Gasol picks up his option and/or re-sign him to a short term contract). Possibly try to add a shooter on the mid-level exception and/or some veterans on the minimum. Anunoby didn't play all playoffs so that's an addition in itself as you can expect he'll continue to improve.

If he doesn't stay, I don't know that the Raptors even go for it at all nor do they really have the cap space to replace that kind of production. The best team management decision in that scenario would be to trade the veterans away, but that's a tough sell for the fans so they'd probably just try to keep the team more or less together and win 50 games.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:28 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Agreed. Although he's got like 2 weeks to make this decision.
[Reply]
bricks 07:38 PM 06-15-2019
Probably because I have some concept of how good Anthony Davis actually is. He’s the best big in the NBA.
I don’t think you do. If you did, you wouldn’t be saying shit like “yeah Siakam for him straight up should be good enough.” Give me ****in break puhlease :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:39 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:

Tatum is going to want a max deal. That’s an issue, because he’s not a max player.
[Reply]
Page 139 of 200
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149189 > Last »
Up