siberian khatru 10:57 AM 04-21-2016
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/

Updated link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...nce-dead-at-57
[Reply]
Otter 02:15 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
had so many vices EVVVerything that money could buy'high
I think this was a quiet suicide.

The guy ran out of things to do with his money and was close to hitting 60. To your average Joe that's not a big deal but could you imagine the stories this guy could tell? The pussy, drugs, travel, vacations, groupies, being able to buy anything you want and any time.

Think he just got bored and didn't want to age. Imagine his ego and father time coming in walking all over it with no recourse and the effect it had on a guy named "Prince".
[Reply]
patteeu 02:16 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-)

I've always been in agreement with Eddie Murphy... Elvis and Prince were the two coolest mfers to ever live
I get it. You like guys in sequins. Here you go:

[Reply]
Otter 02:18 PM 04-20-2018
I wish he would have wrote an auto-biography before he checked out.
[Reply]
sedated 02:26 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
come on man, Prince sought out, bought and put the illegal drugs in his body. This is on him.
Meh, this is kind of a major issue with how America has turned into a raging pharmaceutical country. Pharmaceutical companies oppress natural treatments in favor of pushing their (highly addictive) drugs onto the public. Get someone addicted and cut off their supply, of course they are going to go to the black market to get their fix.

Calling them weak because they couldn't snap their fingers and "get over it" is pretty short-sighted.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:32 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
Meh, this is kind of a major issue with how America has turned into a raging pharmaceutical country. Pharmaceutical companies oppress natural treatments in favor of pushing their (highly addictive) drugs onto the public. Get someone addicted and cut off their supply, of course they are going to go to the black market to get their fix.

Calling them weak because they couldn't snap their fingers and "get over it" is pretty short-sighted.
Who called him weak?
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:56 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:

I hereby take back anything nice I've ever said about you...
[Reply]
stumppy 02:58 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:

I don't have my glasses on. Is that a picture of Easy?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:05 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I don't have my glasses on. Is that a picture of Easy?
I only have one thing to say to U...

[Reply]
stumppy 03:14 PM 04-20-2018
I only have one thing to say to U...

:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:14 PM 04-20-2018
Get someone addicted and cut off their supply, of course they are going to go to the black market to get their fix.
you think Prince got his supply cut off? Why? They found legally prescribed Oxycotin in his house. He just wanted more than any Dr. could legally prescribe and keep their license.

l wasn’t in any way saying he was a weak man. Had never tried to quit. Wanted to end it all. Nothing like that at all.

I quit using drugs and tobacco the first time l tried. But, I’m a fat ass so l have my own weaknesses I’m trying to fix now. No way am l the pot calling the kettle black. I understand weakness. No judgement here.

My comment was that it’s not the suppliers fault. It’s the one using that’s at fault. If people want something and there is money to be made, Someone will provide that thing.
[Reply]
sedated 04-20-2018, 03:17 PM
This message has been deleted by sedated.
ClevelandBronco 03:20 PM 04-20-2018
Maybe not the exact phrase used, but it's implied.
Bullshit. Junkies and other addicts are among the strongest-willed people I know. They take enormous risks. They do shit that normal people wouldn't think of doing just to support their addictions.

Fucking junkies like Prince are powerless over their addictions? Unquestionably.

Fucking junkies like Prince are weak? Not at all. You can't be weak and keep an addiction going for any interesting amount of time.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:22 PM 04-20-2018
Screw all this, we're gonna celebrate his life and music tonight... not how he died

Got to third base for the first time while this playing...

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:28 PM 04-20-2018
Screw all this, we're gonna celebrate his life and music tonight... not how he died

Got to third base for the first time while this playing...

FTR - I didn't post mine to necessarily start some listening party [though it's fine if everyone decides to]. But that particular track had been uncovered in the vault just recently and released online only today. Plus, it carries footage of P&tR before they even officially formed a band.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04-20-2018, 03:40 PM
This message has been deleted by Easy 6. Reason: something went wrong
ClevelandBronco 03:43 PM 04-20-2018
Edit your last post, Easy. You broke the thread.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:03 PM 04-20-2018
Ah yes, thanks to Mr Sauto this thread is back on track

Its a long one, but just listen to this thing descend into some kind of hazy, beautiful orgy between humans and electronic instruments... Prince was sooo ahead of his time

[Reply]
Page 30 of 34
« First < 202627282930 31323334 >
Up