ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 215 of 268
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219225265 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:29 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
TFA wasn't my favorite but all the characters fit their roles except for maybe Poe. He wasn't really necessary to the movie. Come to think of it, Poe really wasn't necessary in TLJ.
The problem, at least as its been reported, is that Oscar Isaac's character was supposed to die in the crash on Jakku.

Oscar Isaac was really sad when he found that out, and somewhere along the way Disney realized that Oscar Isaac is a really, really ****ing good actor - so they wrote him back into TFA.

I don't think the new universe really had the space for two male leads like Poe and Finn, especially with the characters from the OT.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:31 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The problem, at least as its been reported, is that Oscar Isaac's character was supposed to die in the crash on Jakku.

Oscar Isaac was really sad when he found that out, and somewhere along the way Disney realized that Oscar Isaac is a really, really ****ing good actor - so they wrote him back into TFA.

I don't think the new universe really had the space for two male leads like Poe and Finn, especially with the characters from the OT.
Makes sense. I always thought Poe was supposed to be the new Han, Finn the new Luke, Rey the new Leia, and Chewie the, well, the old Chewie.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:01 AM 01-09-2018
If Finn had bought it by flying into the ray gun I would have been happy to see something he tried to do end in success...
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
it seemed like the perfect ending to Finn's story arch and rian took that away as well.

With some corny ass We fight for what we love sjw bullshit.
We have rarely agreed in these debates, but I concur on both counts. God DAMN it is sad when Dave Fellatio and his crew of Bugs Bunny bitches are cranking out FAR more interesting characters and stories...ugh.

Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
am I the only one that Liked Finn in TFA ?

I find Rose Tico to be the New Jar Jar of star wars you have to be a pretty big fanboy to excuse her and finn's story line on the Canto.
I initially liked him but found the relationship between him and Poe to be rushed and very unrealistic...

"HI BUDDY! I'M YOUR NEW BEST BUDDY, BUDDY"!

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:03 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

I'll say it again: Poe and Finn should have been the same character.

And that character could have been part of a love triangle with Rey and Kylo.

Rey torn between the former First Order lover trying to save the Resistance and the former Skywalker lover trying to destroy it.

No fucking Rose.
[Reply]
GordonGekko 01:15 AM 01-09-2018
TFA wasn't my favorite but all the characters fit their roles except for maybe Poe. He wasn't really necessary to the movie. Come to think of it, Poe really wasn't necessary in TLJ.
Poe to me is the only current character that has the spirit of the characters from the original trilogy, he kind of has that old American optimism. In The Last Fuckup, his screen time was the only time during the movie I thought was any fun.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:20 AM 01-09-2018
Interesting thought....does Kylo know Leia is alive?

If he thinks she is dead is sets up an interesting situation for IX.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:22 AM 01-09-2018
Ewan certainly looks more and more like Obi-Wan these days...

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01-09-2018, 08:08 PM
This message has been deleted by RINGLEADER.
BigRedChief 08:32 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ewan certainly looks more and more like Obi-Wan these days...

he's 46 now.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:49 PM 01-09-2018
A Kenobi film would rock — especially if it followed the Rogue One template.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:58 PM 01-09-2018
A Kenobi film would rock — especially if it followed the Rogue One template.
Oh, hell yes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:51 PM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
he's 46 now.
And looks remarkably good.

He needs to start hitting the crack pipe or something.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:12 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Oh, hell yes.
Some kind of clandestine mission to form the rebellion and "get the gang together" of Mon Mothma, Adm Ackbar, Wedge, etc. I don't follow the EU stuff that closely or watch the animated series so I'm not sure how much of this has been covered, but it could be fun.

Especially with some kind of prologue where he has to stay in the shadows and help Luke not get himself killed as a child.

Of course, I would be very sad throughout knowing all the characters are going to meet with such underwhelming and inauspicious ends. Still can't believe Adm Ackbar just got sucked out a decompressing ship.

I seriously am starting to believe that KK didn't understand the importance of the original trilogy or the foundational mythos that made up a lot of what Star Wars is -- if she did there is absolutely no way she would have agreed to that TLJ script...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:34 AM 01-10-2018
Monday's box office receipts

$1,791,497

That's a drop of 87.5% from last week.

"He's dead, Jim"
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:56 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Monday's box office receipts

$1,791,497

That's a drop of 87.5% from last week.

"He's dead, Jim"
Wow that's bad.

I've been reading interviews with Rian Johnson all over the Internet doing damage control - basically saying all of the big points that people are complaining about (Rey's parents, Luke, Snoke's background, etc., etc.) may be revisited in Episode 9. Essentially he's walking back his entire story while simultaneously explaining that he couldn't include things like Snoke's origins anywhere in the movie lest it interfere with Rey's journey. Like he was filming a biographical documentary or something.

While I'm happy for anyone who found this to be a great movie I think it's safe to say that Rian really screwed this up.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:33 AM 01-10-2018
Wow that's bad.

I've been reading interviews with Rian Johnson all over the Internet doing damage control - basically saying all of the big points that people are complaining about (Rey's parents, Luke, Snoke's background, etc., etc.) may be revisited in Episode 9. Essentially he's walking back his entire story while simultaneously explaining that he couldn't include things like Snoke's origins anywhere in the movie lest it interfere with Rey's journey. Like he was filming a biographical documentary or something.

While I'm happy for anyone who found this to be a great movie I think it's safe to say that Rian really screwed this up.
Neither VII nor VIII should ever have been allowed to go forward, but they chose politics over plot. Now, Disney is going to have to find a way to fix what's really been a 5 movie decline, because it looks like even the fanboy base is finally figuring out that this stuff has all been shit since the OT was finished.

Luke's all they have, now, and even finding a way to set that part right and fix the story is going to take some serious tinkering. If they can do that, ditch the Pippi Skywalker and Emo Vader bullshit, and get better male leads with more interesting characters, they might still be able to right the ship.

I just have no faith in them doing that. VII showed that they don't really have many new ideas beyond the insertion of more radical politics, and VIII seems to have shown (from what I've heard here and read elsewhere) that the few ideas they do have are really shitty.
[Reply]
Page 215 of 268
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218219225265 > Last »
Up