ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
dlphg9 11:20 AM 02-14-2024
This is awesome and anyone that doesn't think so is a fucking pleb ass whiner.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:29 AM 02-14-2024
This sucks bad. Let's ruin a KC success story- an almost entirely locally owned thriving entertainment district, rip it all out, and put in a stadium for a team that will lose more than it wins in perpetuity. Huge mistake.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:39 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
This sucks bad. Let's ruin a KC success story- an almost entirely locally owned thriving entertainment district, rip it all out, and put in a stadium for a team that will lose more than it wins in perpetuity. Huge mistake.
Yeah, I don't like the idea of replacing the organic local scene in the northern part of that district with cookie cutter corporate chain stuff which is what will happen if they drop stadium there. Like a P&L expansion. That area is fun to visit now.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:05 PM 02-14-2024
It's not like they tore down the original Gates BBQ to build the arena and P&L... what was there before, Temptations?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:06 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's not like they tore down the original Gates BBQ to build the arena and P&L... what was there before, Temptations?
But dude if you leave the northland and go downtown you'll die, I've literally heard this by the way.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:16 PM 02-14-2024
There was nothing there north of I-70 then. I had no problem with the arena, other than the tax abatements and corporate chain restaurants and bars that have nothing to do with KC dominating everything and funnelling all of the money out of the city. It stands as a huge missed opportunity.

This plan has all of the same actors, with the added goatfuck of destroying a KC success story to replace it with another round of tax abatements and corporate chain bullshit funnelling the money out of the city again.

This isn't progress, it's a grift.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 PM 02-14-2024
There was nothing there north of I-70 then. I had no problem with the arena, other than the tax abatements and corporate chain restaurants and bars that have nothing to do with KC dominating everything and funnelling all of the money out of the city. It stands as a huge missed opportunity.

This plan has all of the same actors, with the added goatfuck of destroying a KC success story to replace it with another round of tax abatements and corporate chain bullshit funnelling the money out of the city again.

Giving a billionaire, billions of tax money to build a stadium to turn profit off of is also a grift, in case you missed the entire building of stadiums is a grift.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:29 PM 02-14-2024

I'm not a huge fan of P&L and would much rather go a bit south.... I think Lucky Strike is the only place I've ever had a decent drink (and I think that's gone now). Howl at the Moon is fun. Flying Saucer down the street was nice when it was there.

I'd probably stick with the more local stuff, too near the ballpark.. or at least less touristy/bland/better priced places..
[Reply]
bdj23 12:34 PM 02-14-2024
I'm not a huge fan of P&L and would much rather go a bit south.... I think Lucky Strike is the only place I've ever had a decent drink (and I think that's gone now). Howl at the Moon is fun. Flying Saucer down the street was nice when it was there.

I'd probably stick with the more local stuff, too near the ballpark.. or at least less touristy/bland/better priced places..
I prefer Patty O's to Ballpark Village every time i go to St. Louis although we will usually go to both.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:00 PM 02-14-2024

Well, better take a Saturday night in the Crossroads this spring before it's all gone. If you did, you'd understand how monumentally stupid this plan is.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:01 PM 02-14-2024
Well, better take a Saturday night in the Crossroads this spring before it's all gone. If you did, you'd understand how monumentally stupid this plan is.
The Royals probably don't give a fuck...
[Reply]
nychief 01:28 PM 02-14-2024
Jesus Christ... it's a couple old bars, a strip club and some shitty Ramen places, they aren't tearing down Greenwich Village or Montmartre. They will all get a boatload of money and move somewhere...
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:35 PM 02-14-2024
Meh, I'll worry about stuff that's blocks away when it actually disappears forever... not going to pre-worry about stuff on Main Street or even west of that until it's actually all turned into Famous Dave's and Olive Gardens.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:31 PM 02-14-2024

This plan has all of the same actors, with the added goat**** of destroying a KC success story to replace it with another round of tax abatements and corporate chain bullshit funnelling the money out of the city again.

Can't think of one corporate chain surrounding Petco Park.......matter of fact, the one I can recall (tilted kilt) went out of business.

plenty of small businesses around too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:34 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Can't think of one corporate chain surrounding Petco Park.......matter of fact, the one I can recall (tilted kilt) went out of business.

plenty of small businesses around too.
That's not what happened here with the arena at all. But I'm sure this time it'll be different, Charlie Brown!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up