ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 268
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
temper11 11:29 PM 12-20-2017
[QUOTE=RINGLEADER;13299832]he did his own thing that just doesn’t fit within that story. [/qoute]

How does it not fit? It doesn't fit within many fan theories about what was going to happen, but fits just fine connected to TFA.

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Toss in all kinds of plot devices that require elaborate explanations
Like what?

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
or a complete disconnect from the previously established rules of the Star Wars universe.
What rules were broken again? Johnson worked with Lucas' guy that has his finger directly on the pulse of what does and does not fall within the universe and he approved everything.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:34 AM 12-21-2017
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-l...mpression=true
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:56 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Some one didn't read RT just said it's real no one subverted the system.
RT is never going to admit that bots subverted their system. Their system cannot confirm that the person rating the movie has actually seen the movie, let alone is an actual person.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:04 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I know.

The things Luke did before Yoda...compare them to the things Rey has done.

Same fucking ballpark.

The only thing that's a LITTLE out of her depth is the mind trick and that might be explained by Obi-Wan being her grandfather.
Not even close Luke was having trouble envisioning the training blaster, and in all intents purposes was a weak bitch compared what Rey did from VII to VIII. She was being thrown around by Ben at 1st then second meet they were on equal footing, even though Ben had YEARS of training
[Reply]
crazycoffey 05:01 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Not even close Luke was having trouble envisioning the training blaster, and in all intents purposes was a weak bitch compared what Rey did from VII to VIII. She was being thrown around by Ben at 1st then second meet they were on equal footing, even though Ben had YEARS of training
Something else that isn’t even close. One grew up on a farm with parental figures while the other grew up fighting to survive. Which one was mentally stronger when they discovered their ability. Rey was tied down and about to be tortured when it happened. Luke recently had his world turned upside down.

It’s just an apples to oranges comparison, IMO
[Reply]
Hawk 09:14 AM 12-21-2017
Wow, epic level of bitching on this thread. I saw it last night and I enjoyed it a lot. I get amused by all the vitriol spewed by haters on the internet. Some people don't know how to have fun. Was it perfect? No. Was it very enjoyable sci-fi with characters I love? Yes.

I just don't get some of the bitching. Luke was always a whiny dude, big surprise he's now a crusty old man.

Rey only beat KR in TFA because he was wounded and he was mentally and emotionally shattered by having just killed his own dad, snokes even mentions it in this movie.

The humor was fine, Star Wars has always mixed in a lot of silly humor. This was a lot better than the comic relief of Jar Jar.

Expanding the force abilities is also consistent. The Jedi in the prequels were powerful, but not all that much since they couldn't sense the sith or even Annakin getting married and having kids. In the original trilogy, the force was used in all kinds of ways beyond the prequels such as Luke visions while training, and dead people talking to him and appearing to him. Is it that hard to believe that a magical force that moves objects with mind power and allows communication with the dead can float a chick through space or allow visual communication across space?

Some people just need to lighten the F up.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:16 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
RT is never going to admit that bots subverted their system. Their system cannot confirm that the person rating the movie has actually seen the movie, let alone is an actual person.
All that’s required is to sign up using an email address and vote.

It could easily be subverted.
[Reply]
Fish 09:53 AM 12-21-2017
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-l...mpression=true
Originally Posted by :
“I said to Rian, ‘Jedi’s don’t give up.’ I mean, even if he had a problem, he would maybe take a year to try and regroup. But if he made a mistake, he would try and right that wrong. So, right there we had a fundamental difference, but it’s not my story anymore. It’s somebody else’s story – and Rian needed me to be a certain way to make the ending effective. …That’s the crux of my problem. Luke would never say that. I’m sorry. Well, in this version, see I’m talking about the George Lucas Star Wars. This is the next generation of Star Wars, so I almost had to think of Luke as another character. Maybe he’s Jake Skywalker. He’s not my Luke Skywalker, but I had to do what Rian wanted me to do because it serves the story well.”
Well stated, directly from Hamill.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:24 AM 12-21-2017
Rian didn't make that decision, though.

That was JJ. HE stuck him on that island.

Rian gave us a viable character arc and an amazing finish from that setting.

There isn't a shred of drama if Luke is like "hey, look, my old lightsaber, let's go KICK ASS young rey!"
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 12-21-2017
That's because she had a moment with the force.

Just like Luke in Episode IV.

Get over it.
[Reply]
Fish 10:33 AM 12-21-2017

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:43 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Rian didn't make that decision, though.

That was JJ. HE stuck him on that island.

Rian gave us a viable character arc and an amazing finish from that setting
Rian Johnson absolutely made that decision.

Rey finding Luke on Ach-To could have gone many different ways, from Luke explaining that he sought to find the first Jedi Temple in order to defeat Snoke and Kylo Ren, to explaining that he sought to find the Tree of Knowledge (which is what it was, figuratively speaking) so that he could create a better Jedi Order or to the creation of a new order of Force users, etc.

It wasn't necessary for Luke to be a dour man, hiding from the situation that he partially created while refusing to help his sister, The Resistance and the galaxy.

But that was Rian Johnson's decision and some people hate the film because of it and it's pretty clear that Mark Hamill doesn't like this characterization, either.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:17 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Well stated, directly from Hamill.
This Luke reminds me of the dark Knight rises depressed Batman
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:31 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Rian Johnson absolutely made that decision.

Rey finding Luke on Ach-To could have gone many different ways, from Luke explaining that he sought to find the first Jedi Temple in order to defeat Snoke and Kylo Ren, to explaining that he sought to find the Tree of Knowledge (which is what it was, figuratively speaking) so that he could create a better Jedi Order or to the creation of a new order of Force users, etc.

It wasn't necessary for Luke to be a dour man, hiding from the situation that he partially created while refusing to help his sister, The Resistance and the galaxy.

But that was Rian Johnson's decision and some people hate the film because of it and it's pretty clear that Mark Hamill doesn't like this characterization, either.
I think it's a stretch that green saber, ass kicking Luke Skywalker straight up abandons the rebel cause without a word and allowed someone with the raw strength of Kylo to wreak havoc on the galaxy.

But JJ just had to have his mystery box, and as per usual, didn't plot out the consequences his mystery would have on the overall story.

Rian picked up JJ's loose thread and stitched it up beautifully.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:33 AM 12-21-2017
Going to go see it again today, this time with the kid. She's a closet nerd, so I'm interested in what she's going to think about it.

After the first viewing, the two main things I couldn't stand were the slow motion chase through space and the way Luke went out. I'll see if my reaction changes on a second viewing (NOT 3D this time) and try to pick up all the little eggs I missed the first time through.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 268
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 > Last »
Up