ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What color is your vehicle (or are your vehicles)?
Purple 0 0%
Blue 27 16.56%
Green 8 4.91%
Yellow 2 1.23%
Gold 1 0.61%
Beige 3 1.84%
Brown 4 2.45%
Red 30 18.40%
Burgundy 12 7.36%
White 34 20.86%
Silver 25 15.34%
Gray 27 16.56%
Black 51 31.29%
Other 13 7.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What color is your vehicle?
stevieray 08:22 AM 04-17-2021
I've been traveling a bit and my artist eye has been noticing something.

The majority of vehicles are white, black or some shade of grey, and I'd bet its across the country.

Sure you'll see flashes of reds and blues, but not much color out there. Sterile and mundane and boring.

We're losing our individuality.

Fascinating to watch.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:34 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I was commenting on your proposed meaning of the thread. We aren't "losing our individuality" because cars are pumped out of the factory in muted colors, you old fart lol

Anyone can take their ass to an auto shop and get candy apple red or metallic lime green anytime. This isn't some conspiracy from Big Auto.
wow for something so mundane you sure seem emotionally invested in my opinion at this point. :-)

And you're clueless, a quality candy apple paint job would cost anywhere from 7500 to 10k..not just anybody can go do that.
[Reply]
booyaf2 10:37 AM 04-17-2021
F150-gray
Mustang-blue
Fusion-gray
Tacoma-black
Liberty-black
Silverado-white
[Reply]
In58men 10:43 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by booyaf2:
F150-gray
Mustang-blue
Fusion-gray
Tacoma-black
Liberty-black
Silverado-white
God damn car dealership in front of your house
[Reply]
In58men 11:08 AM 04-17-2021
My love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
eDave 11:09 AM 04-17-2021
Orange.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:09 AM 04-17-2021
I am sure the type of car you have could dictate your color choice, Canary yellow looks better on Lambo Aventador than let's say a Prius.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:11 AM 04-17-2021
The Camry is Blue on Black.

It's a high gloss black with blue sparkles.

My Blazer is red with a white front right fender
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:15 AM 04-17-2021
‘Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black.’

I'm not a car guy, but I think most cars are fairly bland looking and have been for decades. Bright colors on boring cars just look silly.

p.s. Do you guys have a bunch of dudes driving jacked up trucks in your neck of the woods? Nothing funnier than seeing some 5 foot 6 dude climbing into a monster truck.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:38 AM 04-17-2021
I read a SEMA article about this years back.

To answer your question, it's because Black/White/Gray is what sells. It's what most people want. They sell off the lots the quickest.

The most interesting thing i found about the article is that those unique colors that cars DO come in are actually demographically targeted.

For example, Rain Man's famous Apricot BMW is targeted towards regions that actually get a Fall season. Fall seasonal colors such as apricot, forest greens, some blues are targeted in states that...you know....have those colors.

Meanwhile, your yellows, light blues, bright greens etc are targeted in states like Cali and Florida. You're more likely to find an apricot BMW in Main and a bright green one in SoCal. And those colors are produced at much smaller numbers because, well...they dont sell as well.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:52 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
Metallic Granite is the "official color". Sparkly dark gray would be a more accurate description. :-)
Same here. Jeep Grand Cherokee?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:57 AM 04-17-2021
I learned my lesson with a dark paint job. Impossible to keep clean for more than 48 hours and becomes a four wheeled oven for a quarter of the year if not more.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:59 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I read a SEMA article about this years back.

To answer your question, it's because Black/White/Gray is what sells. It's what most people want. They sell off the lots the quickest.

The most interesting thing i found about the article is that those unique colors that cars DO come in are actually demographically targeted.

For example, Rain Man's famous Apricot BMW is targeted towards regions that actually get a Fall season. Fall seasonal colors such as apricot, forest greens, some blues are targeted in states that...you know....have those colors.

Meanwhile, your yellows, light blues, bright greens etc are targeted in states like Cali and Florida. You're more likely to find an apricot BMW in Main and a bright green one in SoCal. And those colors are produced at much smaller numbers because, well...they dont sell as well.
Every year they seem to come out with a new in color but that seems to make your vehicle seem older than it is when that color is no longer popular , I am sure all those burnt orange grand prix were harder to re- sell than they should have been .
[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:04 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
White (snowflake sparkles!)
Black w/chrome wheels....
Gold
fyp
[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:05 PM 04-17-2021
I have all the usual suspects, but recently acquired my first yellow car.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:29 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
wow for something so mundane you sure seem emotionally invested in my opinion at this point. :-)

And you're clueless, a quality candy apple paint job would cost anywhere from 7500 to 10k..not just anybody can go do that.

I’m literally not emotionally invested at all.

Anyone who has the money can go out and get a new paint job, dude. This is not a difficult concept.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up