ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Didn't get what the big deal was about the whole Boulevard dealio.
BIG_DADDY 09:41 AM 04-16-2021
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:52 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
You get a pass for that if you're 25 years old...
And if they're feeding you sponsorship money.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:05 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm getting a bottle of Toppling Goliath soon and I'm pretty stoked, since they're in absolute BFE Iowa and I'd never have a reason to be within like 3 hours of it (and apparently it's 3 hours from Des Moines, which kind of blows my mind that you can drive that far and still be in Iowa).

If you drive from Chicago to KC you will be in Iowa much longer than that. :-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:09 PM 04-16-2021
My fav Boulevard's:

Year-Round: Wheat
Seasonal: ZON
Smokestack: Tank 7, The Calling, The Sixth Glass, Bourbon Barrel Quad
Limited: Deep Flux, Manhattan Social Club, Plaid Habit
[Reply]
J Diddy 05:10 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
KC Bier Co > Boulevard

Kc Bier co's Dunkel is my daily.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:11 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd seriously rather piss in an old shoe, let it cool, then drink it than drink a Coors.
:-) That is pretty bad
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:11 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
1.BKS
2.Alma Mader
3.Crane
4.Pathlight
5.Nimble

City Barrel, Sandhills (although they are originally from Hutchinson),Windshift, Diametric and Grains & Taps are definitely in the top 10 too.
Also I haven’t been to Exbeeriment in Gardner or Iron Kettle in Grain Valley but they are pretty new.
Thanks, will check those out next trip back.
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:11 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
Welcome to the world of Belgian Ales.

If you Like Bourbon Barrel Quad, just start picking up any Belgian "Quad" or "Triple" you see. It's a fun journey!

Most will be 10%+ ABV.

Drink 2 and you will be feeling good (Not bloated).
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:16 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Coors > Boulevard
You must go to a lot of banquets.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:16 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
KC Bier Co > Boulevard
I've wondered about them. Their lineup never seems that sexy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if they nail the style.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:23 PM 04-16-2021
There’s like 30 breweries in KC
Right. My point was other cities experienced the small brewery explosion much sooner because they didn’t house a world class brewery like BLVD.

It wasn’t a knock on KC
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:23 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I wonder if I could get at Hy Vee liquor in Newton. I'll have to check. I won't step foot in a Trader Joe's. I don't like smelling like patchouli afterwards.
Have you ever been in a Trader Joe’s? It’s much more suburban mom than it is hippie.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:23 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Welcome to the world of Belgian Ales.

If you Like Bourbon Barrel Quad, just start picking up any Belgian "Quad" or "Triple" you see. It's a fun journey!

Most will be 10%+ ABV.

Drink 2 and you will be feeling good (Not bloated).
Huh... I was about to say BBQ isn't Belgian! (despite the 'quad') and then I looked it up.

I really had no idea they used Belgian yeast, I've never been able to tell at all.... 99% of Belgian beers have the same weird lingering funkyness to them that I don't enjoy, even the stouts.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:29 PM 04-16-2021
I've wondered about them. Their lineup never seems that sexy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if they nail the style.
They do
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:29 PM 04-16-2021
Huh... I was about to say BBQ isn't Belgian! (despite the 'quad') and then I looked it up.

I really had no idea they used Belgian yeast, I've never been able to tell at all.... 99% of Belgian beers have the same weird lingering funkyness to them that I don't enjoy, even the stouts.
Fun fact: BBQ is just "The Sixth Glass" aged in Bourbon Barrels.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 06:35 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by kepp:
+1 for Tank 7

You should also try "The Sixth Glass Quadruple Ale"
I can hardly drink anything else.

Thier quad is soooooo good.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up