ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Didn't get what the big deal was about the whole Boulevard dealio.
BIG_DADDY 09:41 AM 04-16-2021
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:08 AM 04-16-2021
Tank 7 FTW!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:08 AM 04-16-2021
I am a big fan of a lot of the Boulevard beers. Space Camper, Tank 7, 80 Acre when they still had it, Love Child No 5, even that Tropical Pale Ale in the pink cans.

Moved away from KC so not as easy to get now though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:09 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Where are they located?
Decorah, northeast Iowa. Pulpit Rock is there, too, and apparently very good.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:09 AM 04-16-2021
Around here, a lot of places seem to have Boulevard Wheat on tap and I'm more of an IPA guy. I usually just go local. We have some good breweries around here.
I would tend to agree. Their IPAs are good but not great. There's many better options. I actually really like the Martin City Hardway IPA as a nice session beer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Decorah, northeast Iowa. Pulpit Rock is there, too, and apparently very good.
Yeah Decorah is a bit of a haul for me. Maybe if I head up to the Twin Cities sometime I'll stop in and get you some.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:11 AM 04-16-2021
I would imagine it's because Boulevard is too big to really be a microbrewery anymore. The more successful a brewer gets, the more "ordinary" their beer becomes IMO.
Yeah, a lot of people freaked out when they were bought out and I was very wait-and-see about it... not sure if that did have a huge impact, but I know my tastes have changed a lot, too.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:15 AM 04-16-2021
Yeah Decorah is a bit of a haul for me. Maybe if I head up to the Twin Cities sometime I'll stop in and get you some.
I mapped it out one day and it would definitely have to be one stop of a few for me to make that effort.... 3 hours from Minneapolis, ~4 to Chicago, a few to Milwaukee, a few to Des Moines.

Yet they make some of the highest rated and sought-after limited release beer in the country.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I mapped it out one day and it would definitely have to be one stop of a few for me to make that effort.... 3 hours from Minneapolis, ~4 to Chicago, a few to Milwaukee, a few to Des Moines.

Yet they make some of the highest rated and sought-after limited release beer in the country.
Yeah, it's kind of dead center there - not close to any major metro. Unless you're going to the Mayo Clinic, you're not getting close to it and I'm guessing stopping for beer isn't high on the priority list if you're headed there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:26 AM 04-16-2021
I’m boring, but I always like a Boulevard Wheat.

The Tropical is a good summer beer.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:30 AM 04-16-2021
Coors > Boulevard
[Reply]
stevieray 10:33 AM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Coors > Boulevard
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 AM 04-16-2021
Coors > Boulevard
Deberg'ed!
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:37 AM 04-16-2021
Used to be able to get Blvd Wheat here in Orlando, first in bottles, then down to cans, then nothing for past year + half.....can get Tank 7 pretty regularly, the "Calling IPA" (which isn't bad, but not great to me either) and usually a handful of other types (the Quadruple mainly, but sporadically others). But I love the unfiltered wheat beer, at least as an easy to drink, go to selection at any time....the other stuff, I kind of have to be in the mood for it....

But seeing as I have a home kegerator (if you are beer drinkers, and don't have a keg at home, I highly recommend it!), I was trying to get a keg of Blvd wheat as the "every day" tap, and couldn't make it happen.....
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:37 AM 04-16-2021
Coors > Boulevard
I broke up with a girl several years ago partly because she drank Coors Light....true story
[Reply]
oldman 10:40 AM 04-16-2021
As I get older, the less I enjoy an IPA, so a lot of the Boulevards are out for me. I do enjoy their Tank 7 and Sixth Glass. My current go-to on tap is KC Bier's Dunkel. I'm more of a lager drinker for a cool one in a bottle.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up