ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL requiring Covid Vaccination to a certain degree
Chief Roundup 02:05 PM 04-13-2021

The NFL informed clubs today any team employee who refuses a COVID-19 vaccination without “bona fide medical or religious ground” will be barred from Tier 1 or Tier 2 status, and thus have restricted access within the team facility and not work directly with players, per sources.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

Here’s the full NFL memo, which also says teams must report weekly the number of employees who are vaccinated, as conversations with the NFLPA continue on the thresholds at which protocols on testing, PPE, travel, etc., can be relaxed. pic.twitter.com/FXuIhFP6Vh

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:59 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
People on the Planet that post here regurally have got Covid twice. This blanket "you had covid so you are good" is not 100% correct. And science just doesn't know how long the immunity, if there, lasts.

Main complaint is fatigue. Because your body is hard at work protecting you. Usually only last 24-48 hours.
Thats true of the vaccine too.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:04 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Thats true of the vaccine too.
It's true that it is uncertain how long immunity from vaccines will last, but it has been proven that the immunity from the Pfizer/Moderna shots last at least 6 months, and counting.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:26 AM 04-14-2021
Imagine the ramifications if the vaccine has long term issues and people can say that their employer forced their hand.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:28 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Imagine the ramifications if the vaccine has long term issues and people can say that their employer forced their hand.
They wouldn't have a case, because they weren't forced.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:33 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
What ramifications? People can choose to get a vaccine if they want to stay employed or not. No one's hand is forced. Companies have every legal right to 'discriminate' based on vaccine status.

That's the law.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:36 AM 04-14-2021
"and he CAUSETH all, small and great, rich and poor, free and bondservant to recieve a _______________
[Reply]
Fish 10:51 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
"and he CAUSETH all, small and great, rich and poor, free and bondservant to recieve a _______________
Free taco from Taco Bell.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
What ramifications? People can choose to get a vaccine if they want to stay employed or not. No one's hand is forced. Companies have every legal right to 'discriminate' based on vaccine status.

That's the law.
Not saying this necessarily changes anything but while it certainly would be legal for a corporation to require vaccines as a condition of employment, the NFL is not a "normal" corporation. They have a federal antitrust exemption. Again, I don't know that it changes anything but it might. The "companies can do whatever they want" rule doesn't always apply to publicly-protected monopolies.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 PM 04-14-2021
I've had my vaccinations and it was absolutely no big deal. I had some pain at the injection site but that only lasted less than 24 hours.

No sickness, no fatigue, nothing.

I realize that everyone's body is different but I don't know of anyone who's had the vaccine that had any serious side effects.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've had my vaccinations and it was absolutely no big deal. I had some pain at the injection site but that only lasted less than 24 hours.

No sickness, no fatigue, nothing.

I realize that everyone's body is different but I don't know of anyone who's had the vaccine that had any serious side effects.
I know of 2. Both women, both in their late 60's. I know of at least one woman in her 90's that had no side effects at all from the same shot, though. And none of the me I know have had any real side effects other than some arm soreness.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:42 PM 04-14-2021
Free world.

If you don't want to get vaccinated, they don't. But businesses don't have to employ you either. Airlines don't have to let you fly on their planes or let you into their restaurants or football stadiums either.

Go join up with the rest of your anti-vaxxer buddies and live in the hills inbreeding until your kids have 3 arms.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:46 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I know of 2. Both women, both in their late 60's. I know of at least one woman in her 90's that had no side effects at all from the same shot, though. And none of the me I know have had any real side effects other than some arm soreness.
My parents had their vaccinations back in early February. Both are in their mid-to-late 70's and didn't have any issues. All of my brothers and sister received the shots in February and March. I'm the oldest yet the last to receive the vaccine (thanks, California!).

My vaccination site didn't become sore until a couple of hours after receiving it and unlike some people, I didn't need to take Tylenol or Advil. My wife said her site hurt for about 4 days, then went away, although her second shot didn't cause any pain at all.

All I know is that I'll take this vaccine over the Small Pox vaccine we all received as kids. I can still clearly remember waiting in line at school to receive the shot and the drill like apparatus that was used for injection but I don't recall any pain or side effects, although the scar is still clearly visible today.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:47 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Free taco from Taco Bell.
ˇYo quiero Satán!
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:54 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Free world.

If you don't want to get vaccinated, they don't. But businesses don't have to employ you either. Airlines don't have to let you fly on their planes or let you into their restaurants or football stadiums either.

Go join up with the rest of your anti-vaxxer buddies and live in the hills inbreeding until your kids have 3 arms.
The three penis boy was born before his time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:24 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My parents had their vaccinations back in early February. Both are in their mid-to-late 70's and didn't have any issues. All of my brothers and sister received the shots in February and March. I'm the oldest yet the last to receive the vaccine (thanks, California!).

My vaccination site didn't become sore until a couple of hours after receiving it and unlike some people, I didn't need to take Tylenol or Advil. My wife said her site hurt for about 4 days, then went away, although her second shot didn't cause any pain at all.

All I know is that I'll take this vaccine over the Small Pox vaccine we all received as kids. I can still clearly remember waiting in line at school to receive the shot and the drill like apparatus that was used for injection but I don't recall any pain or side effects, although the scar is still clearly visible today.
Yeah, both my mother and mother-in-law had flu like symptoms after the 2nd shot (only the 2nd shot) - fever, chills, sweats, nausea, etc. My father had nothing and both of my elderly grandparents had no real side effects with either dose.

I'm just now able to get mine here but there's still a lot of people in front of me - people my age with complicating conditions are still having trouble getting scheduled. My buddy has diabetes and HBP and he's gotten rescheduled 3 times already. My parents got rescheduled twice before they finally got in and they are in their late 60's / early 70's.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up