ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Stephen King's Firestarter Reboot Movie Starts Filming In June
Tribal Warfare 07:52 PM 04-12-2021

The long-awaited reboot of Stephen King's Firestarter has taken a gigantic step forward with confirmation that the movie will begin filming this June.https://t.co/DFbEKHmBMJ pic.twitter.com/JEBady4ivb

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
Cheater5 07:56 PM 04-12-2021
“Long awaited reboot”
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:33 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
“Long awaited reboot”
“That no one ever asked for”
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:23 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Pretty much :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:31 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
“Long awaited reboot”
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Pretty much :-)
Money grubbing producers have been asking for it, maybe.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:52 AM 04-14-2021
Wish they would make a good version of Salem’s Lot before remaking movies of his that were fine to begin with (Pet Sematary, Fire Starter).
[Reply]
morphius 08:33 AM 04-14-2021
It is nearly impossible to get excited about a Stephen King horror book based movie. They almost tricked me into getting excited for the Dark Tower movie, but I didn't fall for it.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:15 AM 04-14-2021
The only Stephen King movie adaptations that were even worth my time was Green Mile, Shawshank, Stand by Me...none of the "horror" ones. Even the Shining, while in it's own right a great movie, is hardly faithful at all to the book.

It's just about impossible to adapt the mindfuck that is a Stephen King novel to the big screen.

Did anyone see Hulu's 1964? Total shit. And it was multiple episodes, so I figured it would be better. It was not.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:01 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Even the Shining, while in it's own right a great movie, is hardly faithful at all to the book.
The version that was closer to the book really really sucked.

I think King is great at coming up with ideas but his books are very overrated. It's just the same tired stuff over and over again. He has a formula that he's stuck to for decades (and now his son is using it) and his fans never seem to catch on.
[Reply]
morphius 10:18 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
The version that was closer to the book really really sucked.

I think King is great at coming up with ideas but his books are very overrated. It's just the same tired stuff over and over again. He has a formula that he's stuck to for decades (and now his son is using it) and his fans never seem to catch on.
Yeah, it sort of says it all that the movie he seemed to hate the most was the original Shining, when that was one of the few that actually worked.

I enjoyed a lot of his books back when I was younger, have only read a few since the early 90's though.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:33 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Yeah, it sort of says it all that the movie he seemed to hate the most was the original Shining, when that was one of the few that actually worked.

I enjoyed a lot of his books back when I was younger, have only read a few since the early 90's though.
I read most of his stuff up until 2000. I've only read a few things after that. I think the last thing I read by him was Duma Key or The Colorado Kid. Duma Key was readable but nothing special, and The Colorado Kid was an absolute joke. Oh, and I also tried 11/22/63. It's 900 pages and it felt really padded so I never finished it.
[Reply]
morphius 12:39 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I read most of his stuff up until 2000. I've only read a few things after that. I think the last thing I read by him was Duma Key or The Colorado Kid. Duma Key was readable but nothing special, and The Colorado Kid was an absolute joke. Oh, and I also tried 11/22/63. It's 900 pages and it felt really padded so I never finished it.
For some reason there was at least some connection I could make with Duma Key that made it interesting, but I remember that it wasn't great either.
[Reply]
rydogg58 12:01 PM 04-15-2021
Bag of Bones was a good book. One of the few good ones he's put out in the past 15 years or so. His short stories are always great. Full Dark No Stars had some excellent tales.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:39 PM 04-15-2021
I watched part of the 1984 version on cable a few months back. I used to like it as a kid.

Good lord, it’s horrible....
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:24 AM 04-18-2021
Certainly the best movies from King books are the non-horror movies mentioned above. Hell, Shawshank is on the list for best movies of all time. But not all of his horror stuff has been trash when translated to the big screen. Creepshow (the 1st one) was really good and for an 80’s movie, Silver Bullet was pretty bad ass.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up