ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 28
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:40 AM 02-14-2021
Better quadruple down then be seen as scammed by two decades of snake oil
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Mahomes right now is a MUCH better quarterback than Brady has ever been.

Just watch the tape side by side. It's not even remotely close.
And think about this:

In Super Bowl history, when an offense scores 13 or fewer points by a QB not named Tom Brady, those teams are 0-24.

When Tom Brady led offenses scores 13 or fewer in a Super Bowl, he is 2-0.

LUCKIEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:51 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
A buddy of mine who isn’t a Chiefs fan was saying to me the other day how now Pat would have to win 8 rings to be the GOAT, and I’m just like... why?

Why the **** do we only consider the rings? If that’s the case, Bill Russell is the greatest basketball player of all time by far with his 11 titles.

And if any sport should diminish the importance of them above others, it’s football. Where no one player is on the field more than half the time. You are so dependent on those around you - players and coaches both. Injuries derail seasons much more frequently too.

If Mahomes finishes his career out like we hope he will and should, he’s very likely going to break every passing record to exist. He will hopefully win at least another 2 titles, and of course we hope more.

If Brady ends up with more SBs than him or anyone else, all that means is he won more chips. Had more consistently great teams and coaches around him. Was the luckiest player to ever put on a pair of cleats. That’s it.

I mean, if we are being real, our own eyes can already tell us Mahomes is probably a better quarterback than Brady ever was.
Whether you like it or not, a ton of people determine the GOAT to be the one who has won the most championships.

I agree that the number of championships won should only be part of the assessment but that's not how many people view things.

Shannon and Skip were saying recently that Mahomes, as per the eye test, is better than Brady has ever been.

It doesn't change the fact that when it's all said and done, Brady will likely be considered the GOAT by most people because I don't see Mahomes winning 7 rings. It is just extremely hard to win championships.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:57 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Whether you like it or not, a ton of people determine the GOAT to be the one who has won the most championships.

I agree that the number of championships won should only be part of the assessment but that's not how many people view things.

Shannon and Skip were saying recently that Mahomes, as per the eye test, is better than Brady has ever been.

It doesn't change the fact that when it's all said and done, Brady will likely be considered the GOAT by most people because I don't see Mahomes winning 7 rings. It is just extremely hard to win championships.
Especially hard when the officiating is so one sided.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:24 AM 02-14-2021

Can’t disagree with anything you said.

Just think it’s time for anyone who only considers rings to open up their mind. Otherwise Bill Russell is their basketball GOAT. That would be the rules.
[Reply]
swifty32661 10:11 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
And think about this:

In Super Bowl history, when an offense scores 13 or fewer points by a QB not named Tom Brady, those teams are 0-24.

When Tom Brady led offenses scores 13 or fewer in a Super Bowl, he is 2-0.

LUCKIEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME.
I'm only seeing where he won one with 13 points or less - the Rams a couple of years ago. what's the other one?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:14 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by swifty32661:
I'm only seeing where he won one with 13 points or less - the Rams a couple of years ago. what's the other one?
He got a pick 6 from Ty Law in SB36. Only scored 13 as an offense.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:48 PM 02-14-2021

Why is Jordan the GOAT in basketball then? That was his biggest point.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:12 PM 02-14-2021

At what?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:49 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
At what?
The only thing Tom Brady is better than Mahomes at is encouraging his defense and persuading the refs.

Frankly, that might mean he's better than Mahomes in general since those seem to be the most essential skills required to win Super Bowls.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:01 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
At what?
....life.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:07 PM 02-14-2021
I don't care about Mahomes chasing Brady. At all.

Mahomes will win multiple Superbowls by the time it's all said and done, and as fans of this franchise we probably won't see anything like this in our lifetime ever again.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:56 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I don't care about Mahomes chasing Brady. At all.

Mahomes will win multiple Superbowls by the time it's all said and done, and as fans of this franchise we probably won't see anything like this in our lifetime ever again.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride.
Yep.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:47 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Especially hard when the officiating is so one sided.
Yup.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:52 PM 02-14-2021
I'm currently arguing about this with my asshole FIL, who apparently is convinced that everything in the NFL is 110% above board and anybody who says otherwise is just whining.

At least he's not nearly as annoying in texts as he is in person. :-)
[Reply]
Page 13 of 28
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up