ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 244 of 319
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:18 PM 03-17-2021

Behind Trent Williams deal: Chiefs were incredibly close in the early hours of the morning. Nearly got it done, even at those massive numbers. Niners put it over the top.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 18, 2021

[Reply]
-King- 08:18 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Lol good luck enforcing that
yeah the league will look the other way unless it's obvious and there's proof. So if you're right that the athletic posted that Mahomes was calling Williams, then...

I think you misread or something. No way the chief/Mahomes did that and let it leak that they did.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
yeah the league will look the other way unless it's obvious and there's proof. So if you're right that the athletic posted that Mahomes was calling Williams, then...

I think you misread or something. No way the chief/Mahomes did that and let it leak that they did.
Talk about a high-pressure sell.

Established NFL players recruit free agents to come to their teams every year, and Trent Williams was getting his fair share of calls and texts in this cycle, too. One recruiter, however, stood out.

It was Patrick Mahomes, the Chiefs quarterback who was last seen running for his life from Buccaneers pass rushers in the Super Bowl. According to those privy to the conversations, Mahomes made a strong pitch in texts and phone calls to Williams about joining him as the Chiefs’ new left tackle.
[Reply]
-King- 08:21 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude if you think they can control players talking, then you’re out of your mind.

It’s unenforceable. Nothing will come out of this, hence why it was reported with no secrecy.
Dude if you have articles posting that players did that, it's going to be very hard for the league to look the other way and you can bet rival teams will make sure to bring it up with the league.

That's why I think o.city misread. Because that would be a dumb mistake for the chiefs to make. Not Mahomes talking to Williams. Players talk all the time. But to have it leak that they did would be really dumb.
[Reply]
-King- 08:22 PM 03-17-2021
Talk about a high-pressure sell.

Established NFL players recruit free agents to come to their teams every year, and Trent Williams was getting his fair share of calls and texts in this cycle, too. One recruiter, however, stood out.

It was Patrick Mahomes, the Chiefs quarterback who was last seen running for his life from Buccaneers pass rushers in the Super Bowl. According to those privy to the conversations, Mahomes made a strong pitch in texts and phone calls to Williams about joining him as the Chiefs’ new left tackle.
Wow. That's really fucking dumb they let that leak. Hopefully nothing comes of this.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:23 PM 03-17-2021
Dude if you have articles posting that players did that, it's going to be very hard for the league to look the other way and you can bet rival teams will make sure to bring it up with the league.

That's why I think o.city misread. Because that would be a dumb mistake for the chiefs to make. Not Mahomes talking to Williams. Players talk all the time. But to have it leak that they did would be really dumb.
John Gruden literally was on the radio weeks ago telling Sherman to come to Las Vegas :-)

They don’t care.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:25 PM 03-17-2021
Wow. That's really fucking dumb they let that leak. Hopefully nothing comes of this.
It’s a rumor not even anything concrete :-)

Nothing will come of this.
[Reply]
O.city 08:26 PM 03-17-2021
Prove that Mahomes didn’t do it on his own accord
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:28 PM 03-17-2021
2 years ago, Trent Brown agreed to a deal 9 minutes after the legal tampering period started. I’m sure his agent wasn’t talking to the Raiders at all before then.
[Reply]
-King- 08:40 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
2 years ago, Trent Brown agreed to a deal 9 minutes after the legal tampering period started. I’m sure his agent wasn’t talking to the Raiders at all before then.
I'm sure he was. Players and teams tamper all the time. They just don't let it leak that they're texting the player under contract to come join them lol.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:41 PM 03-17-2021
I'm sure he was. Players and teams tamper all the time. They just don't let it leak that they're texting the player under contract to come join them lol.
They do that shit on Twitter all the time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:41 PM 03-17-2021

Behind Trent Williams deal: Chiefs were incredibly close in the early hours of the morning. Nearly got it done, even at those massive numbers. Niners put it over the top.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 18, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:42 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
11 posts ago but worth a repost.
[Reply]
-King- 08:42 PM 03-17-2021
Prove that Mahomes didn’t do it on his own accord
It doesn't matter if he did or not. Players/Staff plain can't talk to other players on other teams about joining them. Otherwise you'd see players on twitter telling other players to come join their team all the time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:43 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
11 posts ago but worth a repost.
Ah, didn't see that.
[Reply]
Page 244 of 319
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294 > Last »
Up