ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 319
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:57 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If I were calling the shots, I'd find a way to replace Fisher AND Schwartz.

But that's just not reality.

Schwartz COULD retire but then the Chiefs have to go after what's left of his guaranteed money to get that off the cap. It could happen but it also might not.

With Fisher, they almost certainly would have extended him before the injury and my guess is the the Chiefs aren't just going to fly off and replace him before they know what the situation is. Which means they're going to hang onto him and his cap number and be in limbo until probably mid-next season.

I'd say it's just as likely they draft ZERO offensive tackles as it is they pick up TWO.

My gut says you're looking at Niang starting out at RT with a stop-gap like Remmers or Rankin at LT until they know what they have in Fisher.

Again, not what I would do but what I think they will do.
I think Fisher will work with Veach and make his cap number smaller this year to help the team. Fisher has been the ultimate team player. He loves Andy, he’s seen Veach take care of his players and he’s been here the whole time this regime has.

I think Fisher has lots of time left. These tackles are playing at a high level in their late 30’s, so I think it’s reasonable to think Fisher can play at a solid level until he’s 34, maybe 35 (barring unforeseen circumstances).

It’s important to remember that this isn’t Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Tyrann Matheiu or L’Jarius Sneed who had this happen. Fisher is an OT and those guys mostly play within a 10 yard box.

This injury isn’t going to ruin him
[Reply]
O.city 12:01 PM 02-10-2021
A LT that relies on athleticism and we don’t think a torn Achilles will hamper that?
[Reply]
In58men 12:02 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
A LT that relies on athleticism and we don’t think a torn Achilles will hamper that?
So, he’s not going to make a full recovery? I mean what if he does, why panic?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:06 PM 02-10-2021
Fisher can either take a paycut or he can be gone. We don’t have the money to be paying him $12 million to rehab on the last year of his deal.
[Reply]
O.city 12:13 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
He very well could. I dunno. I’d prefer he did, we extend him and patchwork it for half the year
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:20 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If I were calling the shots, I'd find a way to replace Fisher AND Schwartz.

But that's just not reality.

Schwartz COULD retire but then the Chiefs have to go after what's left of his guaranteed money to get that off the cap. It could happen but it also might not.

With Fisher, they almost certainly would have extended him before the injury and my guess is the the Chiefs aren't just going to fly off and replace him before they know what the situation is. Which means they're going to hang onto him and his cap number and be in limbo until probably mid-next season.

I'd say it's just as likely they draft ZERO offensive tackles as it is they pick up TWO.

My gut says you're looking at Niang starting out at RT with a stop-gap like Remmers or Rankin at LT until they know what they have in Fisher.

Again, not what I would do but what I think they will do.
I would just about bet the farm that we take an OT no later than #64.

Here's my reasoning:

1) We have zero legit proven NFL talent going into 2021 that is healthy to start at OT

2)Reid and Veach always draft college OT's for development regardless of where they play; clearly they value the athleticism of OT's.

3)Both Schwartz and Fisher are question marks going forward, and expensive ones at that. We need to get younger there.

Clearly there will be a vet/stop-gap/experienced swing tackle on the roster. You have to hedge your bets.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:27 PM 02-10-2021
I haven’t dived into this draft that much but everything I read says this OT class is so stacked just like last year. I’ve seen 3 mocks that have Cosmi falling to us in the first rd.

This year seems like an excellent opportunity to take one, even if you have Niang. OT classes like this just don’t happen that often.

You can’t afford to wait either bc they’ll all be gone by the early 2nd rd.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:29 PM 02-10-2021
I just don’t like the idea of saying we have to draft a T in the first 2 rounds.

Now if you go WR/DE in the 1st and you want to trade up in the 3rd to secure a T? That’s fine.

I just don’t like the idea of passing on a DE/WR in the first 2 rounds because of need.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:29 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
What's Luke Joeckel up to these days?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:33 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just don’t like the idea of saying we have to draft a T in the first 2 rounds.
we don't HAVE to do anything.

It's a deep, talented draft at a position where he have question marks and glaring weaknesses.

It's need meets value meets supply.

I mean I just don't see how they don't do it.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:38 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I wonder if he returns at less than his old ability is it even remotely possible to switch him to different position. Where his (possible) lack of mobility won't kill him or us? Guard perhaps.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
we don't HAVE to do anything.

It's a deep, talented draft at a position where he have question marks and glaring weaknesses.

It's need meets value meets supply.

I mean I just don't see how they don't do it.
I just have a hard time seeing T being BPA at 31. Too many teams with a need at T picking in the 20’s. Mayfield is the only guy I think has a legitimate shot to make it to 31, and I don’t even think that’s likely.

Then in round 2, I’d love for somebody like Dillon Radunz to fall to 63, but again, I just don’t think that’s likely.

I like Walker Little a lot, but I don’t see him being a top 64 guy since he hasn’t played football since getting injured in 2019.

Ideally and realistically, I think you go DE/WR in the first 2 rounds and trade up for a guy like Little on round 3.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:41 PM 02-10-2021
McShay’s latest mock has us passing over Cosmi and taking Joe Tryon, DE in the first.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:44 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
McShay’s latest mock has us passing over Cosmi and taking Joe Tryon, DE in the first.
Some guys like DJ and McShay are VERY high on Tryon.

Others have in the 3rd.

It’s going to be a very weird draft with no consensus among the experts.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:49 PM 02-10-2021
Shitty year to not have a combine. We could use the draft prep to take a hard look at both lines and the WRs :-)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 319
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up