ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 319
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:34 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
gross.

I'm going to be really disappointed if we throw a bunch of money at Reiter.
The F.O./Reid didn't for Hudson or Morse
[Reply]
kccrow 07:46 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That is pure speculation, especially considering that Hill went in the 5th round. Stephon Diggs was a 5th rounder as well.

The offensive line works as a team. Again, there is no way the Chiefs are going to have 5 All Pro lineman, so an average player in that position will be just fine, especially considering Allegretti will have had 9 Regular Season starts and 3 post season starts, while LDT will return to the right side.

Personally, I'd rather the Chiefs spend their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks on immediate impact players, especially those players that "Play on an Island", not on a rookie center, especially if the NFL decides to forego Minicamps and OTA's.

The great Cesar Ruiz is a perfect example. The dude fucking sucked ass his rookie year.
I'm not too worried about an early WR for some of the reasons mentioned, including that Reid WRs seldom see a significant percentage of snaps in their first year. I think Pringle plays the X this year and they draft for the future there.

As for Center prospects, you know who didn't suck as rookies? The ones taken 2 years ago in Elgton Jenkins and Erik McCoy. Jenkins got moved to guard because of Linsley but he probably goes there this year and McCoy has been a stud in New Orleans. Taking a 2nd round center, or even moving up for one like the Saints did for McCoy, would be high on my list of options.

Those guys went at 44 and 48, which is about where I think Myers and Humphrey will go.

In fact, this draft looks eerily similar in talent positional placement to that 2019 draft.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:57 PM 03-04-2021
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...uster-and-more

I think the Chiefs are going to be players in the first wave of free agency. I know it seems unlikely today since they're nearly $20 million over the cap, but GM Brett Veach won't have much problem restructuring deals to get them below the cap and with a little money to play with. If, as mentioned above, it turns out to be a buyer's market, watch for the Chiefs to continue to be aggressive.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:03 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm not too worried about an early WR for some of the reasons mentioned, including that Reid WRs seldom see a significant percentage of snaps in their first year. I think Pringle plays the X this year and they draft for the future there.
I think that sounds like a recipe for disaster but that's just my opinion. Pringle hasn't shown me anything, ever.

Originally Posted by kccrow:
As for Center prospects, you know who didn't suck as rookies? The ones taken 2 years ago in Elgton Jenkins and Erik McCoy.
The Chiefs took a center in the 2nd round back in 2012 and Reid allowed him to walk. They took Morse in the 2nd round back in 2019 and allowed him to walk. They brought in a former 7th rounder, who not only started in place of an injured Morse in 2018 but also started in both Super Bowls in 2019 and 2020.

I'm not unequivocally stating that the Chiefs won't take a center in the upcoming draft but with so many players expected to be cut in the coming the weeks due to the lowered salary cap, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they sign a guy off the streets or just bite the bullet and re-sign Reiter.

Then there's this from Albert Breer today:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/05/te...-first-time-gm

Lots of cuts are coming. Teams are waiting on the cap for that, and the league and union have waited, for a while, for the TV deals to get done to officially set it.

Once that happens, look out. The free-agent streets will teeming with talent.

[Reply]
kccrow 10:16 PM 03-04-2021
I think that sounds like a recipe for disaster but that's just my opinion. Pringle hasn't shown me anything, ever.

The Chiefs took a center in the 2nd round back in 2012 and Reid allowed him to walk. They took Morse in the 2nd round back in 2019 and allowed him to walk. They brought in a former 7th rounder, who not only started in place of an injured Morse in 2018 but also started in both Super Bowls in 2019 and 2020.

I'm not unequivocally stating that the Chiefs won't take a center in the upcoming draft but with so many players expected to be cut in the coming the weeks due to the lowered salary cap, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they sign a guy off the streets or just bite the bullet and re-sign Reiter.

Then there's this from Albert Breer today:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/05/te...-first-time-gm

Lots of cuts are coming. Teams are waiting on the cap for that, and the league and union have waited, for a while, for the TV deals to get done to officially set it.

Once that happens, look out. The free-agent streets will teeming with talent.
I kind of have my sights set on Ethan Pocic from Seattle as a free agent. I think he could end up being a relative bargain and is a pretty solid player at both guard and center.

That said, I don't have much of an issue with the Chiefs burning a 2nd every 4 years on a center. At least it's one position in the 2nd they've actually hit on routinely.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:46 AM 03-05-2021
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...uster-and-more

I think the Chiefs are going to be players in the first wave of free agency. I know it seems unlikely today since they're nearly $20 million over the cap, but GM Brett Veach won't have much problem restructuring deals to get them below the cap and with a little money to play with. If, as mentioned above, it turns out to be a buyer's market, watch for the Chiefs to continue to be aggressive.
that would be great.

FA's are more expensive, but you know what they can do at the NFL level.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 03-05-2021
They could easily bring in a guy like Linsley if they give him a low first year cap hit. It instantly shores up the middle of the line and we’re about to start paying less money for at least one of our tackles if Niang is the future at LT or RT.
[Reply]
-King- 10:28 AM 03-05-2021

The #Eagles and C Jason Kelce have agreed on a new deal for 2021, paying him $9M fully guaranteed at signing and potentially up to $12M, source said. He announced on Instagram he’s back for another season.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 5, 2021

There goes that pipe dream some had
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:30 AM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:

There goes that pipe dream some had

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:42 AM 03-05-2021
Meh. I’d rather have Linsley.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:56 AM 03-05-2021
How and why the fuck are they paying him more now?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:35 AM 03-05-2021

AJ Green expected to draw interest from the #Ravens #Patriots and #Chiefs #NFL #RavensFlock #ChiefsKingdom

— NFL Rumors (@nflrums) March 5, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:36 AM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
that would be great.

FA's are more expensive, but you know what they can do at the NFL level.
From all indications, the market is going to be flooded with high end talent and since most teams will be close to the cap already, many, if not most of these players will need to take cheap deals this year in order to get a big contract in 2022.

This plays to the Chiefs advantage because if you're only getting a 1 year Vet Minimum or near minimum deal, why not play for the team that's been to the last two Super Bowls and is favored for a third?

This is exactly why I'm not advocating the Chiefs go All-In on the offensive line this year because they will have cheap but proven options in Free Agency.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:39 AM 03-05-2021
From all indications, the market is going to be flooded with high end talent and since most teams will be close to the cap already, many, if not most of these players will need to take cheap deals this year in order to get a big contract in 2022.

This plays to the Chiefs advantage because if you're only getting a 1 year Vet Minimum or near minimum deal, why not play for the team that's been to the past 2 Super Bowls and is favored for a third?

This is exactly why I'm not advocating the Chiefs go All-In on the offensive line this year because they will have cheap but proven options in Free Agency.
I agree with you but I think that works against WRs. You’re going to get money next year if you statistically have a good season. Why come here where you’re easily the third target at best? It’s not to say that it won’t happen but it might be hard to get any of the top WRs to take a deal here.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:47 AM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I agree with you but I think that works against WRs. You’re going to get money next year if you statistically have a good season. Why come here where you’re easily the third target at best? It’s not to say that it won’t happen but it might be hard to get any of the top WRs to take a deal here.
Yeah, for sure.

But it also opens the door for the Chiefs to take a WR in the 1st or 2nd and supplement the back end with experienced wide receivers without breaking the bank.

If the Chiefs can get a guy like Nelson Agholor in the door on a cheap 1 year deal, they would have a solid, possession receiver that can play 16 games and would be a great compliment to Kelce, Hill, CEH and Hardman. He's also played in a similar system his entire career, so the transition would be nearly seamless. I'm sure there are other guys out there that would be great fits as well.

Watkins could have been a superstar with the Chiefs but he couldn't stay healthy, so I'm sure that other guys will see that potential and jump.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 319
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Up