ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 319
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:56 AM 03-04-2021
Ughhhh i think im almost ready to rejoin the ranks of sports entertainment.

I've completely shut out all sports media aside from CP since the SB loss. No radio, ESPN, podcasts, youtube, articles....nothing.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:58 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think that's even possible without either trading up or using high draft picks on offensive lineman because how many 5th, 6th or 7th rounders actually become 10 year left and right tackles?

And what if the Chiefs trade up to draft a guy in the 1st round, only to see Fisher and/or Schwartz return to form? Then what? They will have completely wasted a 1st round pick (at minimum) on a guy that's going to sit for 2 or 3 years?

The Chiefs have multiple needs and whomever they draft in rounds 1-3 needs to be ready to play and start Week 1. Waiting around for guys to "develop" or play is a massive waste of very important and unreplaceable resources.

The Chiefs can't afford another Dee Ford repeat, where the guy can't even contribute until Year 3 or 4, at least if they want to extend their Championship Window.
I absolutely would not trade up in the first for an OL. My personal preference would be to take a DE there or even trade down into the 40 range if possible to take one and maybe pick up an extra 3rd.

I AM for taking a guy that may be a little raw but has first round physical ability like a Walker Little in the 2nd or 3rd. Schwartz coming back healthy would be a HUGE plus, but it is a back problem and he's 32 and there were rumors he'd retire after this contract is up anyway. I don't think it's a bad idea to nab a guy that may be a year away. Getting younger and cheaper will be a part of the equation as Mahomes' contract starts to be a factor.

I'm hopeful Niang is one answer long term. It would still be smart to have another.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah I don't see it.

I think it's much more likely that we nab someone like Walker Little in the second or trade up in the third. He's got top flight potential but likely will need a year to be ready.

Then next year you could have two young bookend tackles ready to roll.
Yep.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:59 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Are they backups if Fisher and Schwartz are able to play this year? Trading up for a backup RT isn稚 going to sit well.
Eh, at worst he's the swing tackle. Or they'll kick him inside to play guard. He'll be the first guy once pretty much anyone other than C goes down, and he'll be ready to slide in as a starter the following season.

I wouldn't be mad about it all. While he may not start week 1, he's going to start at some point and be a relied upon contributor.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:00 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ughhhh i think im almost ready to rejoin the ranks of sports entertainment.

I've completely shut out all sports media aside from CP since the SB loss. No radio, ESPN, podcasts, youtube, articles....nothing.
I'm about ready to shut out CP until after free agency starts. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 12:00 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The more I think about it, I think the Chiefs best case scenario is this:

- Sign a tier 2 WR in free agency
- Sign a couple veterans on the OL (T & C/G)
- Draft a DE in round 1 (or after trade down)
- All OL on day 2
I知 not convinced we値l go all OL day 2. I think you値l see one in the first 3 rds then another late rd development prospect.

Corner is a position I think we might sneak in fairly early. But again that depends on what happens this month.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I absolutely would not trade up in the first for an OL. My personal preference would be to take a DE there or even trade down into the 40 range if possible to take one and maybe pick up an extra 3rd.

I AM for taking a guy that may be a little raw but has first round physical ability like a Walker Little in the 2nd or 3rd. Schwartz coming back healthy would be a HUGE plus, but it is a back problem and he's 32 and there were rumors he'd retire after this contract is up anyway. I don't think it's a bad idea to nab a guy that may be a year away. Getting younger and cheaper will be a part of the equation as Mahomes' contract starts to be a factor.

I'm hopeful Niang is one answer long term. It would still be smart to have another.
Again, yep.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:02 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm about ready to shut out CP until after free agency starts. :-)
You池e not having fun arguing the same shit over and over again?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:02 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m not convinced we’ll go all OL day 2. I think you’ll see one in the first 3 rds then another late rd development prospect.

Corner is a position I think we might sneak in fairly early. But again that depends on what happens this month.
Oh I’m not convinced they will either.

But ideally, if they can get a T and C/G on day 2, that would be perfect.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I知 not convinced we値l go all OL day 2. I think you値l see one in the first 3 rds then another late rd development prospect.

I agree.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed come May that they "didn't do enough" for the offensive line.

I expect a fairly high profile FA signing and maybe some depth / scrub signings, as well as one high-isn pick (maybe 2nd round) and one later.

Overall, I expect we'll get ONE starter out of the whole process (the one high profile FA) and people are going to be upset that they've pencilled in Fisher and Schwartz to start the season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 03-04-2021
You池e not having fun arguing the same shit over and over again?
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:03 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh I知 not convinced they will either.

But ideally, if they can get a T and C/G that are on day 2 that would be perfect.
James Hudson in round 2 and David Moore in round 4.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:04 PM 03-04-2021
I am for......anything really. I don't have a passionate pick in this fight yet.

Trade up for OL? Im good with that. Stand pat for a DE? Sounds like a plan. Throw more weapons at Mahomes? COOL! A boss-ass LB? SURE!

We have a QB. Everything else is just gravy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I am for......anything really. I don't have a passionate pick in this fight yet.

Trade up for OL? Im good with that. Stand pat for a DE? Sounds like a plan. Throw more weapons at Mahomes? COOL! A boss-ass LB? SURE!

We have a QB. Everything else is just gravy.
That's kind of how I feel, sans trading up.

This team has a a lot of small holes that the draft can really address. This draft is also setup very well to get any one of WR, DB, DE, IOL/C, or OT at #31. There's really no need to expend extra draft capital to trade up when we'll likely have a great pick sitting there at #31 anyway.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:09 PM 03-04-2021
James Hudson in round 2 and David Moore in round 4.
Yea, you don’t necessarily have to find your C on day 2. I’d be more than happy to go:

1. DE
2. OT
3. WR/LB
4. C/G
4. WR/LB

That extra 4 might come in handy if we find ourselves wanting to trade up at the start of day 3.
[Reply]
Page 147 of 319
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Up