ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 319
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:34 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea I agree, but we were talking specifically about ranking needs.
People are way overreacting to some of this.

OT is certainly a need but it isn't so much of a need that we just throw away all of our capital to address it. Knee jerk reactions lead to mistakes.

Thankfully, I have faith the Reid and Veach will address this with pragmatism, not panic.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:37 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

OT is certainly a need but it isn't so much of a need that we just throw away all of our capital to address it. Knee jerk reactions lead to mistakes.

Thankfully, I have faith the Reid and Veach will address this with pragmatism, not panic.
Yup. It’s like they don’t understand that you are already adding a 3rd round pick and 1st round talent at the position without doing anything at all. Niang is basically locked in as part of your 2021 draft class.

We need another OT either through free agency or the draft, but it doesn’t have to be with the 31st pick.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:50 PM 02-09-2021
Willie Gay is also almost like an added pick given the limited role he had. I can’t wait to see that guy go. I know it won’t be perfect but it will be an upgrade with the athleticism alone.

There is something to be said for over correcting a position based on one game. Yes, the OL needs pieces. But they also just need to stay healthier than this past season above all. Which even if they did have injury problems again, the two opt-outs on top of it made the unit look catastrophically bad Sunday. That won’t be the case next year.

Take BPA aside from QB or RB and figure the rest out later. Even if you end up picking a guy where they already seem deep, there’s nothing wrong with making a position group overwhelmingly dominant. Just pick good players.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:55 PM 02-09-2021
WR is our biggest need IMO but I think DE is very close and it might be better to use the 31st pick on one there if there’s someone worthy.

2nd rd WR’s are common. With such a deep class I can see a good one being available at 63.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:57 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
WR is our biggest need IMO but I think DE is very close and it might be better to use the 31st pick on one there if there’s someone worthy.

2nd rd WR’s are common. With such a deep class I can see a good one being available at 63.
This is why I’m very annoyed that we aren’t getting a 3rd round comp pick for EB.

If we had 2 3rd’s, we could go DE/WR in the first 2 rounds then trade up for OL, or stay put and grab 2.
[Reply]
mkp785 07:06 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I'm hoping that someone will move up for Trask or Mac Jones and allow us to pick up an extra 3rd and some more currency.

Carolina is desperate need of a QB as are niners. Depending on what happens with Watson and Wentz, maybe they make something happen there.

As to for the 1st pick. Yeah, I'm hoping we go DE for our 1st pick. We should be able to grab a solid base end at the very least. Lots of big-bodied 6'5-6'7 260+ guys that seem to be projected in that range.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:08 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Bosa's a great player, and great players always get theirs.

We've been inadequate on the line since Morse left, to be honest.

And with no Fisher and no Schwartz we got whooped.

Talent wins.
Morse was as unreliable to stay healthy as Sammy Watkins.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:33 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

No we're not. Everybody just watched what happens to this offense when you throw 5 JAGS out in front of Mahomes. That bullshit people were spewing about Reid being able to scheme around anything? Yeah, myth fucking busted. In embarrassing and humiliating fashion. And the guys that are coming back really aren't anything that special.
[Reply]
Pants 08:35 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
No we're not. Everybody just watched what happens to this offense when you throw 5 JAGS out in front of Mahomes. That bullshit people were spewing about Reid being able to scheme around anything? Yeah, myth fucking busted. In embarrassing and humiliating fashion. And the guys that are coming back really aren't anything that special.
We beat a better defense/DLine last year with the guys who are coming back (minus Mitch). I too had hoped that Andy would find a way to scheme around all the injuries but you can't scheme against jailbreaks on every damn snap.

Even with this shitty line, we were like a few plays/fuck ups from this game being completely different. I am not even talking about the penalties.

We actually had the perfect play dialed up on multiple occasions only for someone to fuck it up. The breakdowns are all there on YouTube.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:36 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
We beat a better defense/DLine last year with the guys who are coming back (minus Mitch).
Fisher isn't playing with a blown achilles.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:37 PM 02-09-2021
Good fucking God I hope and pray they don't operate this Offseason under the assumption Fisher will just roll back into town at some point next season 100% and ready to play. That'd be ludicrous.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:37 PM 02-09-2021
Last year says otherwise.

Last year's line wasn't perfect but they DID beat the 49ers, who had by far the best pass rush in the league.

The sky is not falling. They don't need 5 new starters. They need a couple and they need better depth. They need everybody to stay healthy.

Take a deep breath man, it's nearly as bad as you're making out to be. Yes, it was embarrassing but it's going to be when you're playing in the Super Bowl with your starting center and 4 backups.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:38 PM 02-09-2021
Good fucking God I hope and pray they don't operate this Offseason under the assumption Fisher will just roll back into town at some point next season 100% and ready to play. That'd be ludicrous.
They won't. Be patient, have a little faith.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:39 PM 02-09-2021
Recovery time is about 9 months.

He’ll probably start the season on PUP, but he could be back by October.

They obviously need to prepare for the worst, but I don’t think it’s crazy to say he should be back at some point.
[Reply]
Pants 08:40 PM 02-09-2021
I bet he's back by late September. He might miss the first three games.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 319
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up