ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 153
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:48 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Spoiler!

In real like the actor is in his 60s
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:58 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Spoiler!
Per the Legends series [though non-canon] and artwork Clay posted above.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:59 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
In real like the actor is in his 60s
Saw it somewhere, but can't track it down right now, but someone has already made a meme about Boba comparing him to those chubby militia dudes that show up at protests.

Akin to this;

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:55 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
All of that said, it sure seems like they're setting up an Heir to the Empire type of story.

The New Republic X Wing pilot said "There's something going on out here. They don't believe it on the Core Worlds but it's true. These aren't isolated incidents - they need to be stopped before it's too late but we can't do it without local support".

Sounds to me as if Thrawn is gathering all of the Imperial forces out on the Outer Rim.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.
It would be truly amazing if Disney pulled that off.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:33 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
so he’s new to everyone. Since we have never heard of him. That means he was never worth mentioning or he was dead. So again, not worth mentioning. We were told stories. This is how it happened. These people did the deeds in the stories. He’s not mentioned.

What am I missing here?
What you're missing is Ahsoka's exposition about Grogu, which happened after she connected with him through The Force.

Ahsoka said "Grogu was raised at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Many Masters trained him over the years. At the end of the Clone Wars, when the Empire rose to power, he was hidden. Someone took him from the Temple. Then his memory becomes...dark. He seemed lost. Alone.".

So apparently, Grogu was spared when Anakin Skywalker, who had just become Darth Vader, went to the Jedi Temple and exterminated all of the Jedi, including the Younglings.

We don't know who took him, which is another mystery that needs to be unraveled.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:49 PM 12-06-2020
This shit is all so corny.

I have no idea why so many people like it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:11 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

I think it's one of those things that you had to live through to really enjoy.

There was nothing like Star Wars when I was 11 years old. Back then, it was mostly Westerns, WWII movies and Family movies. Star Trek was run off the air because it couldn't find an audience and the "Special Effects" were rudimentary and obvious. Not quite as obvious as the Sinbad movies or Jason & The Argonauts, which featured Ray Harryhausen's Stop-Motion Animation, but obvious nonetheless.

Star Wars was just nothing like we'd ever seen in human history, which is why it broke all box office records and played in theaters for more nearly three years during its initial run, then ran again in theaters after The Empire Strikes Back.

Today, people have seen it all in movies and TV shows so for newcomers to the Star Wars Galaxy, they either buy into the mythology or they don't.

There's a world of other entertainment choices and if you've never been into it, I'm sure it looks dopey from the outside. I felt the same way about all the kids in middle school that were into Lord of the Rings.

I just didn't "get it" then and even after watching all of Peter Jackson's brilliantly produced films, I still don't get it.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:19 PM 12-06-2020

There was nothing like Star Wars when I was 11 years old. Back then, it was mostly Westerns, WWII movies and Family movies. Star Trek was run off the air because it couldn't find an audience and the "Special Effects" were rudimentary and obvious. Not quite as obvious as the Sinbad movies or Jason & The Argonauts, which featured Ray Harryhausen's Stop-Motion Animation, but obvious nonetheless.

Star Wars was just nothing like we'd ever seen in human history, which is why it broke all box office records and played in theaters for more nearly three years during its initial run, then ran again in theaters after The Empire Strikes Back.

Today, people have seen it all in movies and TV shows so for newcomers to the Star Wars Galaxy, they either buy into the mythology or they don't.

There's a world of other entertainment choices and if you've never been into it, I'm sure it looks dopey from the outside. I felt the same way about all the kids in middle school that were into Lord of the Rings.

I just didn't "get it" then and even after watching all of Peter Jackson's brilliantly produced films, I still don't get it.
Are you saying I'm too young?!?!

Thanks man!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:44 PM 12-06-2020
What you're missing is Ahsoka's exposition about Grogu, which happened after she connected with him through The Force.

Ahsoka said "Grogu was raised at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Many Masters trained him over the years.
Which is interesting, because supposedly Grogu is 50 years old
[Reply]
Frazod 03:35 PM 12-06-2020

I also was 11 when I saw the original. Had to be practically dragged to the theater by one of my friends because I was convinced it would be just another stupid space movie.

People too young to remember what movies were like prior to Star Wars are simply incapable of understanding the wonder of it. I don't blame them; for nearly 30 years film makers have pretty much been able to put anything on the screen they can visualize in their minds.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:15 PM 12-06-2020
fucking nerds :-)

concord dawn and jaster mereel are OBSCURE EU references

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:17 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Because you suck and hate fun.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:56 PM 12-06-2020
People don't know about the child because he was intentionally kept secret. He is extremely powerful, and was trained individually by grand masters of the order, not with other younglings and padawans. It's the reason he's alive and wasn't slaughtered by Anakin.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:02 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
People don't know about the child because he was intentionally kept secret. He is extremely powerful, and was trained individually by grand masters of the order, not with other younglings and padawans. It's the reason he's alive and wasn't slaughtered by Anakin.
Now, the most interesting question is the identity of the person that captured Grogu.

Was it a Jedi? An Imperial agent? An Inquisitor or Sith?

I wouldn't be surprised if Sidious was behind his capture. Also, was he placed in Carbon Freeze immediately after being captured, which would explain how his memories went "Dark"?

If so, that would also explain his immaturity.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:04 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
" There is another"

Yoda could've meant Gorgu instead of Leia if Farveau/Filoni intends to change the narrative
[Reply]
Page 76 of 153
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126 > Last »
Up