ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 48
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
Reaper16 02:23 PM 03-30-2014
I'm waiting with baited breath for the Galaxy s5 to release so I can buy a post-price-drop Galaxy s4. My current phone is a Galaxy. sans s. The first one. It is dreadfully slow and a battery drain at this point to boot, but I'm a cheapskate and I've been holding out on upgrading.

If tmobile drops the no-contract price on s4's in a couple of weeks to like $500 I am THERE.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:33 PM 03-30-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I'm waiting with baited breath for the Galaxy s5 to release so I can buy a post-price-drop Galaxy s4. My current phone is a Galaxy. sans s. The first one. It is dreadfully slow and a battery drain at this point to boot, but I'm a cheapskate and I've been holding out on upgrading.

If tmobile drops the no-contract price on s4's in a couple of weeks to like $500 I am THERE.
Hopefully they are better about prices than AT&T or you might be waiting a long time.

I was waiting for them to drop the HTC One M7...

32GB M8 $199.99 on contract, $640 off contract
32GB M7 $199.99 on contract, $600 off contract
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:34 PM 03-30-2014
What is the best phone either on Verizon right now or coming out soon? Time to upgrade.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:56 PM 03-30-2014
Originally Posted by dingleberry:
What is the best phone either on Verizon right now or coming out soon? Time to upgrade.
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/car...on/smartphones
[Reply]
bowener 03:49 PM 03-30-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't understand why Apple is so hellbent on REFUSING to make their phone bigger. At least give people options, make it two version of the iphone. Call the regular on an iphone, call the other one an iPhone mega or something. I honestly think they just do NOT want the tablet and cell phone market to converge, because that would probably mean less money for them.

I mean look at the difference. Whenever I play with a friend or family's iPhone I'm automatically annoyed at the tiny screen.I don't know why you would own one or pay more to own one if you had a choice of the Samsung products. Look at the difference

Note 3 vs iphone5

Because I don't carry a purse?
[Reply]
chiefs1111 04:12 PM 03-30-2014
Also looking for a new phone. However I do not want a smartphone because I don't want a data plan. I know that kinda limits me but can anyone recommend a good feature phone?
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 06:01 PM 03-30-2014
Originally Posted by bowener:
Because I don't carry a purse?
I have a Note 3.

Purse not required. Fits comfortably in my pocket.
[Reply]
blake5676 09:53 AM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:

Do you not like the Nexus 5? Just curious, as you apparently want to stay off contract. I can't think of a single better deal out there. And they don't jack you on it's release date and then marginally drop the price....it's been $350 since it came out last November.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:00 PM 03-31-2014
iPhone 6?

http://www.phonedog.com/2014/03/31/i...going-testing/

I can't quite put my finger on it but that design looks awfully familiar to me. Almost like another manufacturer released a flagship with the same exact design a year ago.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:54 PM 03-31-2014

The sheep would still buy it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:11 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:

The sheep would still buy it.
:-)

So all people that have an iPhone are sheep?
[Reply]
Mecca 07:14 AM 04-01-2014
I need a new phone plan actually, anyone know a company where I can get 2 nice smart phones and pay less than 100 a month..I'd honestly prefer it to be cheaper than that.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:03 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I need a new phone plan actually, anyone know a company where I can get 2 nice smart phones and pay less than 100 a month..I'd honestly prefer it to be cheaper than that.
AT&T's Mobile Share plan can, if your phones are off contract and depending on how much data you want. The most you could get for under $100 would be the 2GB plan. $40 for the plan and $25 for each off contract smartphone, otherwise its $40 for each smartphone that's on contract.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:17 AM 04-01-2014
my wife and I finally said 'fuck it' and went back to our normal phones. we were paying $180/mo for non-3G service. we shopped around, and they were all in that range. I'm sure there are a lot on here that will chime in with their cheaper plans etc, and that's fine. but we basically only had the unlimited plan.

our new plan with unlimited text and the lowest tier of data is now $85/mo.
Though, we finally realized we really didn't 'use' the smart phones for anything more than our plain slide/touch screen phones.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:19 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

So all people that have an iPhone are sheep?
No, but I question their sexuality.

[Reply]
Page 7 of 48
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up