ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 48
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:07 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Besides, sitting down is for losers..... :-)

Seriously, that's just stupid. :-)
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:54 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't know what kind of Zubaz you wear by my wife's Galaxy S4 won't fit comfortably into my pockets...
You're a little old to be wearing Skinny jeans.

:-)
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 09:00 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:

Just ****ing upgrade the phone with the latest technology. Improve the camera, improve the software, etc... At some point there has to be a limit to where you say enough is enough with these ****ing mega phones getting bigger every year.
The Note 3 is as big as I care to go.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:00 PM 03-26-2014
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 in an Otterbox - great phone BUT...

It's like a ****in brick in my pants.

Thought about changing to the mini S4 but the battery life on it sucks and it's not as fast.

Need to think about getting another case...but nothing protects better than otterbox
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 09:07 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 in an Otterbox - great phone BUT...

It's like a ****in brick in my pants.

Thought about changing to the mini S4 but the battery life on it sucks and it's not as fast.

Need to think about getting another case...but nothing protects better than otterbox
Is it the commuter case?
[Reply]
jd1020 10:24 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Incipio is another good case maker.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:12 AM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by BCD:
You're a little old to be wearing Skinny jeans.

:-)
I wear Zubaz, I said that already. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:32 AM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Seriously, that's just stupid. :-)
I wear regular person jeans and my phone didn't look like that at all in my pocket
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Pablo 08:36 AM 03-27-2014
Iphones are great if you like tiny screens. I could never use one again. I browse on my phone way too much for that garbage.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:37 AM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Iphones are great if you like tiny screens. I could never use one again. I browse on my phone way too much for that garbage.
Maybe you need better bifocals?
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:39 AM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
That was my issue too. Well when I had a phone. Charging port got fucked around thanksgiving and I put it on the dresser and its still sitting there. There have been a couple times I thought about getting another but haven't yet. It's nice must of the time. I answer enough phone calls during the day.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kepp 08:46 AM 03-27-2014
Both my phone and my wife's phone are on their last legs. I'm thinking of getting a couple Nexus 5's. Anyone have experience with them?
[Reply]
blake5676 08:52 AM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by kepp:
Both my phone and my wife's phone are on their last legs. I'm thinking of getting a couple Nexus 5's. Anyone have experience with them?
I love my Nexus 5. Pretty much does everything any brand new phone on the market today can do, and as a bonus it doesn't have all the shitty bloatware you can't get rid of without rooting. Also, you can buy them off contract straight from Google for $350...which is the tits :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 AM 03-27-2014
In all seriousness, the browser on my iPhone is just fine if I'm on the road or otherwise in a pinch. I also have a tablet, so if I'm in a hotel room or at home, I can browse on that and it's superior in size to any phone, even the Samsung phablets.

And while you certainly CAN put one of those monstrosities in your pants pocket, they certainly don't work in an arm pocket while I'm mowing and listening to music, which is the #2 thing I do with my phone after making and receiving PHONE calls.

I understand why people would like them if they're using them as a hybrid device.
[Reply]
kepp 09:05 AM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by blake5676:
I love my Nexus 5. Pretty much does everything any brand new phone on the market today can do, and as a bonus it doesn't have all the shitty bloatware you can't get rid of without rooting. Also, you can buy them off contract straight from Google for $350...which is the tits :-)
Those are all reasons that I have considered. The only drawback I can see right now is that the Nexus 5 apparently uses a micro SIM card rather than a normal sized card and I'd have to get the micro cards from TMobile. I need to contact them and see what that process would be.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 48
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up