Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
Luke Atamadong 12:36 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I just started looking at crypto currency. I know it's hard to predict, but I'm curious if litecoin can go on a meteoric rise like Bitcoin. I see Bitcoin was sitting at $2,000 or so back in the spring and it's now above $15k? It would be nice if litecoin could somehow jump above 1k in the next year. Of course I have no clue what I'm talking about, so probably wishful thinking.
Like I say I'm no expert, but I think it can and probably will. There's 4 times more LTC than BTC , but LTC is just like BTC except better. Yet BTC is worth literally 150X more than LTC.....So IMHOP LTC is EXTREMELY undervalued.
[Reply]
Luke Atamadong 12:40 PM 12-08-2017
I just started looking at crypto currency. I know it's hard to predict, but I'm curious if litecoin can go on a meteoric rise like Bitcoin. I see Bitcoin was sitting at $2,000 or so back in the spring and it's now above $15k? It would be nice if litecoin could somehow jump above 1k in the next year. Of course I have no clue what I'm talking about, so probably wishful thinking.
But perfect example.....short term I bought LTC a couple weeks ago for 61.00 dollars each. Today I sold for 127.00
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:43 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Luke Atamadong:
Like I say I'm no expert, but I think it can and probably will. There's 4 times more LTC than BTC , but LTC is just like BTC except better. Yet BTC is worth literally 150X more than LTC.....So IMHOP LTC is EXTREMELY undervalued.
I also, making a completely uneducated prediction, could see people selling off some BTC after the recent price increase and buy back in with cheaper currencies like LTC.
[Reply]
Luke Atamadong 12:45 PM 12-08-2017
I also, making a completely uneducated prediction, could see people selling off some BTC after the recent price increase and buy back in with cheaper currencies like LTC.
Yeah that too. I expect ETH to get MUCH more expensive as well.

There's a group on facebook " The 51% crew% the guy that runs that is a crypto trading guru. I recommend following them.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:42 PM 12-08-2017
You guys that buy and sell these like day traders are troopers. Thats alot of work. I just hodl and do nothing
[Reply]
BWillie 02:44 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why would you think cold storage and offline are safe? Your piddly $10K in your safe at home? Probably.

Its the major hacks like I posted thats Bitcoin holders problem. If these continue (and they will) the confidence in Bitcoin safety goes down. 50 of those 900 big dogs get their money stolen at the same time, the stock will collapse.

Ask anyone in security. Its only recently that these serious and capable groups turned their attention to Bitcoin due to its recent run up. Now its worth their time.
Ha. 10k.
[Reply]
Luke Atamadong 02:47 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You guys that buy and sell these like day traders are troopers. Thats alot of work. I just hodl and do nothing
Well if you set buy and sell limits the exchange does most of the work, but yeah it does take some paying attention to. I HODL like 80% and trade about 20%
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:48 PM 12-08-2017
Several people I know, who I'm floored even know the word bitcoin have been putting money into it lately. I'm skeptical of the opportunity to make money on bitcoin at this point, but I'm getting closer to dipping my toe into some of the cheaper options and speculate on the penny stock versions at some point.

That said, today I sold some stuff and since silver was down I used that paypal deposit to buy some 10oz silver bars. They're at least pretty to look at if the market drops out of silver.
[Reply]
wutamess 03:29 PM 12-08-2017
LTC SHOT up 30+% today. Waiting for my BTC purchase to show in my account so my transactions will be instant and I can start "daytrading" this stuff on the swings.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:38 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
LTC SHOT up 30+% today. Waiting for my BTC purchase to show in my account so my transactions will be instant and I can start "daytrading" this stuff on the swings.
My gut tells me Bitcoin will do well after the futures start next week. You made a solid investment IMO. Also my gut tells me Litecoin is gonna make a huge run too. What needs to be watched is if the Bitcoin money moves to Litecoin
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:28 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Luke Atamadong:
Now LTC is going for a ride. I've been preaching that it was undervalued forever.
Not that I'm any expert or great trader or anything, but I'm obsessed with trading cryptos LOL
I think what were seeing today is guys cashing BatC profits into LC and ETH.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:26 AM 12-09-2017
LC was 133 last night 153 now

I'm trying to set up an account now, Have to wait for CC verification . Dammit>
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:13 AM 12-10-2017
My kid says, Dad can you just get me one Bitcoin for Christmas ?

My reply:

Look $14375 is an awful lot of money. My dad never gave me $13,427 , there's no way you're getting $15,955
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12-10-2017, 09:17 AM
This message has been deleted by Hog's Gone Fishin.
MahiMike 10:09 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
My kid says, Dad can you just get me one Bitcoin for Christmas ?

My reply:

Look $14375 is an awful lot of money. My dad never gave me $13,427 , there's no way you're getting $15,955
I'm giving mine .1 on their own trezors. Stash it in the safe like savings bonds.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:59 AM 12-11-2017
Is Bulgaria sitting on $3.5 BILLION worth of Bitcoin seized from criminals?

Graham Cluley | December 11, 2017 1:13 pm |

In May 2017, Bulgarian authorities arrested 23 people in connection with a criminal scheme that attempted to avoid customs tax charges on international shipments.

The arrests came at an end of an investigation dubbed "PRATKA/VIRUS" (Pratka is the Bulgarian word for "shipment") which investigated the planting of malware on customs' computer networks that made it possible for shipments to circumvent normal checks.

As would be normal on an investigation of this scale, properties and vehicles were searched, computers and smartphones were seized, and financial records examined.

But in addition to the normal evidence, the Southeast European Law Enforcement Center (SELEC) reported that Bulgarian authorities also stumbled across 213,519 Bitcoins during the investigation. At the time, each Bitcoin was worth about US $2354, making a tidy total of US $500 million.

By anyone's standards, that's a fair amount of money.

Since May, however, the price of Bitcoin has rocketed. In fact, as I write this article, the price for each Bitcoin is US $16,596.56. Which means that, if SELEC is to be believed, the Bulgarian authorities have over 3 billion dollars burning a hole in their virtual wallet. US $3,543,680,894.64 to be precise.

Mystery remains, however, as to what will happen to this huge amount of virtual currency.

Independent Bulgarian journalists at bivol.bg issued the Interior Ministry with a freedom of information request, asking for the public keys of the wallets containing the Bitcoin treasure trove be published to prevent abuse.

However, the only response from local authorities was a claim that no Bitcoins were ever seized.

So, who's got the story wrong? Was SELEC incorrect in the first place suggesting that the Bulgarian authorities had seized the huge Bitcoin bounty, or is someone in Bulgaria covering up law-enforcement's windfall?

Or... could it be that although the Bulgarians stumbled across evidence of criminals hording 213,519 Bitcoins, they don't have the private keys necessary to unlock them?

My guess is as good as yours. But if I had even had a fraction of the Bitcoins that these criminals appear to have had earlier this year, I would feel sorely tempted to cash some of them in right now.

That is, if I didn't have law enforcement breathing down my neck interested in scooping up any of my criminal proceeds.

https://www.grahamcluley.com/bulgari...zed-criminals/
[Reply]
Page 54 of 261
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up