ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Fred Arbanas has passed away
Al Bundy 02:39 PM 04-17-2021
I am friends with his daughter and she posted it this afternoon. I had a chance to meet him once and was super cool.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:01 AM 04-18-2021
He was overlooked on the Chiefs teams in the 60’s. He was a excellent TE.

RIP
[Reply]
The Red Death 02:29 AM 04-18-2021
Arbanas played before my time so I never saw him play on the field. But several years ago my pastor told a story about him setting up the sermon, and no, I don't have any idea today what the connection was between the story and that sermon.

Fred Arbanas played with a glass eye. During the course of the game it had popped out. The officials stopped play and everyone searched the ground until it was found. As Fred got everything in place to begin again, an official came to him and said "I'm glad that was just a glass eye. What would have happened if that had been your other eye?" Fred's response: "No problem. I'd just retire from playing and become a referee."
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:10 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Red Death:
Arbanas played before my time so I never saw him play on the field. But several years ago my pastor told a story about him setting up the sermon, and no, I don't have any idea today what the connection was between the story and that sermon.

Fred Arbanas played with a glass eye. During the course of the game it had popped out. The officials stopped play and everyone searched the ground until it was found. As Fred got everything in place to begin again, an official came to him and said "I'm glad that was just a glass eye. What would have happened if that had been your other eye?" Fred's response: "No problem. I'd just retire from playing and become a referee."
That’s hilarious!
[Reply]
oldman 06:43 AM 04-18-2021
He and Ditka were the start of TEs becoming the offensive weapon they are today. A lot of those old Chiefs lived around Red Bridge. That YMCA always had superior kids football teams.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:19 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Small world. He went to our church and his daughter was in my confirmation class. Sorry to hear he passed.
I remember being little at church and seeing his Superbowl ring. He might as well have been a Beatle. Always was a nice, gracious guy.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:50 AM 04-18-2021
Played flag football against his son. On defense played DE and he was the toughest kid in the league to set the edge against. He changed the TE position. Those teams were so stacked on both sides. RIP.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:22 AM 04-18-2021
RIP to the first of the chiefs best position stars. He started that chiefs dominant run in that position all the way to Kelce.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:41 AM 04-18-2021
He has 686 yards receiving in 1964. That was amazing for that era for a TE.

RIP....

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...A/ArbaFr00.htm
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:28 PM 04-18-2021

We are saddened by the passing of Hall of Fame tight end Fred Arbanas.

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 18, 2021

[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:29 PM 04-18-2021
Crap, Q

Sorry
[Reply]
srvy 06:13 PM 04-18-2021
Mr Arbanas is American Football League All-Time Team first team TE. He and Lenny the cool were his favorite players. Good to hear he was a great guy to boot. RIP Champion!
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:21 PM 04-18-2021
From 2016. I met Fred a couple times. Real nice guy.

[Reply]
|Zach| 11:36 PM 04-18-2021
Guy had a great run was a great part of the community.
[Reply]
smith11 11:47 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Crap, Q

Sorry
didnt he only have one eye?
[Reply]
FAX 05:38 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by smith11:
didnt he only have one eye?
According to my research, Arbanas had two (2) eyes ... but only one (1) of them worked.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up