ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Best WR fits for each team...
htismaqe 07:25 AM 04-10-2021
Sorry, it’s an ESPN+ article. Can’t post the whole article from my phone it’s too long.

Originally Posted by :
Best team fits for wide receivers in the 2021 NFL draft: Landing spots for Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Kyle Pitts

D'Wayne Eskridge, Kansas City Chiefs

Height: 5-9 | Weight: 190 | School: Western Michigan

Where the Chiefs could get him: Round 3 (No. 94)

Why he fits: With Sammy Watkins leaving via free agency, I like Kansas City taking a chance on Eskridge, who has some straight-line juice. And while Eskridge shows some functional hip tightness on tape, his skill set would fit Andy Reid's route tree. Run the glance routes off run-pass options, crossers, overs and inside verticals. That's where you see his explosive traits after the catch.

With quarterback Patrick Mahomes throwing with velocity and location, Eskridge could be schemed up as another weapon with breakaway speed. He could be a steal for the Chiefs.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/i...dle-kyle-pitts
[Reply]
kcbubb 07:15 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So besides size, why isn’t Moore getting more looks to go in the first round? Is it really all about size?
Size and injury history plus covid didn’t give him much time to show that he’s well. He got hurt in 2019 and reinjured the hamstring. But with his build, I don’t see him as an injury prone player. He’s tested like a freak. 4.3 40, 42” vert, 600 lbs squat and I can’t remember how many reps on the bench but it was bunch. And he plays fast too. His measurable match his play. Plus, he appears to be a solid kid, a worker... how many of these kids graduate from college in 2.5 years? Pat Fitzgerald said he is a freak athletically as well after the northwestern game.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:21 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So besides size, why isn’t Moore getting more looks to go in the first round? Is it really all about size?
He hasn't looked healthy on a football field in years.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:46 PM 04-11-2021
I would be good with drafting him. It would mean the end for Hardman and I would still want another bigger receiver
[Reply]
Stryker 07:49 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He hasn't looked healthy on a football field in years.
What?

[Reply]
kcbubb 08:03 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
What?
He’s talking about Rondale Moore. He was hurt in 19 and reinjured in 20 but the season was also shortened with covid. He did have a 136 yard game against Minnesota in 2020 but the gamble is that he healthy now and the same player that he was 2018. His workout shows that elite quickness and separation ability. Again, Elijah Moore is a poor mans Rondale Moore.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:14 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
He’s talking about Rondale Moore. He was hurt in 19 and reinjured in 20 but the season was also shortened with covid. He did have a 136 yard game against Minnesota in 2020 but the gamble is that he healthy now and the same player that he was 2018. His workout shows that elite quickness and separation ability. Again, Elijah Moore is a poor mans Rondale Moore.
Ok, my bad! :-)
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:25 PM 04-11-2021
Compare this with Elijah... he’s obviously more explosive and more electric.

https://youtu.be/1EACeAyqslI
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up