ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Medicals have been a huge challenge for everybody this year
RunKC 06:01 AM 04-08-2021
No combine= uncertainty. Also these guys know these 40 times are not accurate :-)

Working on it Lou but certainly a challenge for all involved. https://t.co/KOMvMOzHho

— Rick Burkholder (@proatc) April 7, 2021

From Burt

Originally Posted by :
“There will be limited access to these pro days,” the GM noted. “There will be NFL representation there, but you won’t have full access and you’ll have to be selective in where you go. And you guys know how this works—it’s always interesting to me when you see 40 times. At the combine, you know what they are—they’re run indoors, on turf and the environment is similar. Now, when you go to these pro days you’ll have certain players working out in an indoor facility with a faster track under weather-controlled conditions and then you’ll have some colleges that they’ll be running in 40 degrees and the wind will be blowing in their face. So, when you click on the report, you’ll see the numbers, but it’s going to take a lot of historical research.”

“There are schools that typically produce faster 40 times. I don’t want to name names, but we all know there’s a list of schools that we always say, ‘Do they run it 38-yards there or 39-yards there?’ Because you’ll have player X go to the combine and run a 4.5 and then go to their school and run 4.4, 4.38.”
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/...jcEthduC9KIqRQ
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:39 AM 04-08-2021
Yeah, known for 2-3 weeks that a lot of these 40 times are bunk.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:45 AM 04-08-2021
Are there any Lucas Niang type players this year? Last year was a really shitty year to have an injury like that but no combine this year is even worse bc you’re relying on doctors that the NFL doesn’t use.

That’s why the combine is so important. They have the entire medical facility and locker room in Indy prepped with several doctors to check these guys out and make that info know to everyone.

I think you’re going to see some of these medical guys fall like Naing did. Too much risk for these GM’s
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:47 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Are there any Lucas Niang type players this year? Last year was a really shitty year to have an injury like that but no combine this year is even worse bc you’re relying on doctors that the NFL doesn’t use.

That’s why the combine is so important. They have the entire medical facility and locker room in Indy prepped with several doctors to check these guys out and make that info know to everyone.

I think you’re going to see some of these medical guys fall like Naing did. Too much risk for these GM’s
Walker Little.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:48 AM 04-08-2021
Little certainly comes to mind, yes.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:40 PM 04-08-2021
Those quotes from Veach are from a few weeks ago. Not recent.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:25 PM 04-09-2021

[Reply]
Up