< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>WR - Simi Fehoko
Dante84 04:51 PM 02-28-2021
This could be a solid fit for us.
- Stellar hands
- Excellent at contested catches & 50/50 balls
- Solid route runner
- Nice mix of quick acceleration and long speed

They seem to line him up outside quite a bit, but I could see him inside, similar to how the Pats would use Edelman. Could be solid underneath on drags and crossers.

[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:22 PM 04-13-2021
As long as he is not Arcega-Whiteside.

I don’t think he is.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 01:16 PM 04-14-2021
STRENGTHS: Big-bodied target and shields defenders from the catch point...jets off the line to quickly reach his top speed and attack cushion...better footwork at the top of his route than expected, leveraging coverage with his lower body flexibility...large catch radius and steady focus to make difficult grabs...comfortable with a defender on his hip...uses a strong swipe move to work through the jam...physical after the catch, brushing off cornerback tackle attempts...set a school record with 23.6 yards per catch in 2019, recording 10 catches of 35-plus yards the last two seasons...set a school record for receiving yards (230) in his final game, including the game-winning touchdown catch.

WEAKNESSES: Upright route runner, raising the difficulty level of his separation ability...still learning coverages and developing his route awareness...guilty of rounding patterns and doesn’t use much sink...his ball skills and hand/body positioning require further maturing (eight drops the last two seasons)...can do a better job working back to the ball...needs to get stronger to match up better with NFL defenders...disappointing blocking execution...only 62 catches and five starts to his name, lacking ideal experience...older prospect due to his religious mission and will be a 24-year old NFL rookie.

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Stanford, Fehoko was the X receiver in offensive coordinator Tavita Pritchard’s pro-style scheme, lining up inside and outside. A record-breaking high school receiver and top recruit, he faced an acclimation period after his two-year religious mission, leading the Pac-12 in receiving in 2020. Fehoko accelerates swiftly to eat up cushion and leverage coverage, displaying excellent body control to out-rebound the football (77% of his catches resulted in a first down or touchdown). He isn’t yet a nuanced route runner and his hands can’t be described as natural. Overall, Fehoko is older and still growing into the position, but he has impressive short-area quickness for his size with the hand-eye coordination to reel in tough throws. He offers enticing pass-catching traits and special teams ability worth developing.

Dane Brugler’s projection: 3rd or 4th round
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:51 PM 04-14-2021
No thanks.

Not sure what ya'll see in him other than size. Looks slow AF, every catch seems highly contested which tells you he can't get separation on the collegiate level, which means he has no chance of separating on the pro level.

He doesn't have the speed or the quicks to play on the outside. Maybe they could use him as a big slot or a TE.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:54 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

similar to how the Pats would use Edelman. Could be solid underneath on drags and crossers.
Fuck no dude, no way. This guy isn't quick enough or near a good enough route runner to be used like Edelman.

Im not even sure this guy is a legit NFL WR.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:47 PM 04-14-2021
I'm of the belief that we need a high-quality #2 WR and a big slot.

Simi looks very solid, would fill that big slot role well, thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:18 PM 04-15-2021
WR Simi Fehoko is an example of a buy low (late round) but maybe hit gold as an NFL player.

In his second year at Stanford in 2019, Simi played 9 games and had 24 catches, 566 yards and 6 TDs. He also had a terrible 44.4% catch rate.

Last season in 2020, he had a 6 game COVID shortened season where Simi led the team in catches with 37, 584 yards, and 3 TDs. He also got his catch rate up to 62.7%. He had a great game against UCLA for the final game of the season, where he caught the ball 16 times, gained 230 yards, and scored all 3 of his TDs for that season.

Simi is skipping his Senior season and coming out early for the draft.

For his Pro Day he measured in at just under 6-4 (6037), weighed 222 pounds, and had 10 1/4 inch hands. His reported 40 time varied from as fast as 4.37 (nfl.com) to a 4.44.

If you watch Stanford games from last season, he shows good speed and the ability to catch the ball. One thing that concerns me is the number of times Fehoko is not on the field for Stanford. This may have to do with blocking ability, Stanford strategy with WRs, or some other reason. Another thing that bothers me a little is how a lot of Simi's stats come from the one UCLA game.

I'm not suggesting that the Chiefs should draft Simi early, but as a late round pick and if the Chiefs still need WRs, I'd be a buyer.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:15 AM 04-20-2021

Draft in 10 days but thought I’d drop this here. (Featuring @SamCosmi ) pic.twitter.com/CnS0KLIZrh

— Simi Fehoko (@Simi_Fehoko) April 20, 2021

[Reply]
Chieftain 01:33 PM 04-21-2021
This kid looks legit.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up