ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz may have fallen off a cliff
dlphg9 09:39 AM 10-13-2020
I love Mitchell Schwartz and I love how good he has been for this team for the last several years, but so far it seems being on the wrong side of 30 may have caught up to him. I didn't get to watch much of the Raiders game, so I checked out the All-22 and just finished the 1st quarter and Schwartz is getting his ass kicked more often than not.

I think he may have lost a step or 2 since last year, because the pass rusher is just blowing right around him and he doesn't seem quick enough in his drop step to get in front of and engage the pass rusher (This isn't about Patrick Mahomes dropping too far back in the zone). Schwartz just isn't playing anywhere near as good as he should.

Maybe he is injured or he's trying to do too much because of the inefficiency of the middle of the line, but it's a bad sign. If I could remember how to embed I would post gifs of what I was talking about.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:49 AM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Since you played football, I trust your analysis 100%
What the fuck does that have to do with anything other than you being a smartass? So you think that Schwartz is playing up to his same normal level?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:50 AM 10-13-2020
Guys like Schwartz rarely fall of a cliff. Most likely, he's dealing with a high ankle sprain, which also happened to him a few years back.

Hopefully, he'll continue to receive treatment for what appears to be a high ankle sprain and get it to the point where he's back to normal, although that may be difficult with this apparent injury occurring so early in the season.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:57 AM 10-13-2020
Problem is Mahomes. He’s dropping way too far back and is t stepping up in the pocket. He can do that because of his arm but he needs to go back to the basics
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:07 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
What the **** does that have to do with anything other than you being a smartass? So you think that Schwartz is playing up to his same normal level?
Cross thread humor. Lighten up, buddy.

Schwartz isn't playing his best ball at the moment, but he's not the problem with our O-Line.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:19 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Problem is Mahomes. He’s dropping way too far back and is t stepping up in the pocket. He can do that because of his arm but he needs to go back to the basics
Hi there Geoff.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Schwartz isn't playing his best ball at the moment, but he's not the problem with our O-Line.
Actually right now it is an issue.

The whole line has problems and if Schwartz is nursing an injury, that's part of it.
[Reply]
RockChalk 01:28 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Actually right now it is an issue.

The whole line has problems and if Schwartz is nursing an injury, that's part of it.
Suppose I meant that moreso as he is not the worst of the problem. Yes, his injury and play is cause for concern, but the interior 3 are the biggest issue in my opinion.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:29 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
We'll be on pins-n-needles waiting on your all 22 analysis.
I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to O line play. I'm not claiming to be an expert.

Also your reply doesn't make any sense. I'm not sure why your acting like a bitter bitch, but maybe get more sleep or something.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:49 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
A clue from his Twitter timeline.

Geoff is wrong here. He's only dropping back to the 22 yard line. So he's within his 10 yards or whatever. Also that is not a clean pocket because Fisher gets pushed into the pocket. If Mahomes steps up. Into the pocket Fishers guy is sacking him or Schwartz's guy is gonna force him to leave the pocket anyways and we get the same result. Mahomes is buying himself time by running towards the sideline because no one is open.

Watch that play and tell me that Schwartz didn't just get completely beat and that it's Mahomes' fault. That's insane.

Schwartz needs to stop getting so defensive of little Schwartz.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:02 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Geoff is wrong here. He's only dropping back to the 22 yard line. So he's within his 10 yards or whatever. Also that is not a clean pocket because Fisher gets pushed into the pocket. If Mahomes steps up. Into the pocket Fishers guy is sacking him or Schwartz's guy is gonna force him to leave the pocket anyways and we get the same result. Mahomes is buying himself time by running towards the sideline because no one is open.

Watch that play and tell me that Schwartz didn't just get completely beat and that it's Mahomes' fault. That's insane.

Schwartz needs to stop getting so defensive of little Schwartz.
Eh, IF Mahomes had just taken a 7 yard drop, Schwartz probably would've been able to engage the rusher. But the fact is that Schwartz never gets his hands on the guy. Is that Patrick's drop or does Schwartz just not get off the snap very well? Maybe a combination of both?

One could say that if Patrick had just stepped up into the pocket from the snap or just not taken a drop, the defender would've had to take a much shallower angle, and Schwartz would've had a much easier time, but I think that's over-thinking it a bit. Patrick isn't prescient, for cripes' sake.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:03 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
A clue from his Twitter timeline.

Geoff is right and there’s a clear sign: Pat stepped up in the pocket later in the game quite a bit, and he was having success.

So someone on the staff, or Pat himself, adjusted.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:23 PM 10-13-2020
I think he's too busy cooking food and designing his kitchen remodel.

LOL
[Reply]
oldman 03:59 PM 10-13-2020
I think it's an injury.
[Reply]
TRR 05:10 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Guys like Schwartz rarely fall of a cliff. Most likely, he's dealing with a high ankle sprain, which also happened to him a few years back.

Hopefully, he'll continue to receive treatment for what appears to be a high ankle sprain and get it to the point where he's back to normal, although that may be difficult with this apparent injury occurring so early in the season.
Completely agree. I believe he got rolled up on towards the end of the Ravens game. Re-tweaked it again in both the NE and OAK games. He hobbled off early in the OAK game to have it taped up.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:43 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think he's too busy cooking food and designing his kitchen remodel.

LOL
Exactly. He’s more worried about that chicken cordon Bleau and LDT’s play slipped when he became a doctor! Time to get some guys that are hungry and put football first!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up