ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 295
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:23 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just something of a freaky size/speed guy who converted from WR at A&M to a TE hybrid sort of player in limited use in AZ and Cleveland.

With Kelce and Jones on the field, you pretty much have to have a LB on Jones. You can't match a LB on Kelce so you're already dedicating a DB to him and unless you just want to play in a dime all day, you're gonna run out of DBs to put on Jones and the RB out of the backfield as well.

So Seals-Jones on a LB is just a mismatch athletically. Now ultimately the guy's been something of a cock-tease his entire career, even going back to A&M. Top 50 national guy, top 3 out of TX, arguably the top WR and even a potential Div. 1 basketball player - supposed to be an absolute star who was supposed to pick up where Mike Evans left off.

By 2015 Christian Kirk is going off for 1,000 yards as a true freshman while Seals-Jones was just...there. A redshirt soph getting lapped on the depth chart by a true freshman ain't a good sign.

In all likelihood Seals-Jones remains as underwhelming as his been his entire career, but he's a set of tools we really didn't have last season and if anyone can figure him out, it's Andy.
Sounds like he'll be perfect IF he can block. That mismatch only happens if he's seen as something more than a big/slow receiver. Is he any good at that?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:25 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But the point still stands, you act like the idea of CEH getting 1,000 yards rushing catching 50 passes and scoring 10 TD’s is completely unrealistic.

He’s a stud, a perfect fit, and they invested a very high pick in him. They’re going to use him a lot. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
I don't think it's unrealistic, but in order for that to happen I think D Will would have to go down to injury first.

Unless the dude hits Alvin Kamara rookie season efficiency (which isn't likely), I don't see him getting the touches necessary to hit those numbers.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:32 PM 05-13-2020
This is interesting

In 2017, the Chiefs jumped ahead of the Saints to take Patrick Mahomes, who Sean Payton really liked and was on the NOLA’s radar. This time around, looks like the Saints pulled the trigger on a player that was on the Chiefs’ radar - Cesar Ruiz. https://t.co/H81ChTdJaF

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) May 13, 2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:34 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Sounds like he'll be perfect IF he can block. That mismatch only happens if he's seen as something more than a big/slow receiver. Is he any good at that?
Not really.

Honestly, Blake Bell's measurables are comparable and he's a heck of an athletic guy for his size as well. Seals-Jones has a straight line speed advantage but Bell is more agile, IMO. And Bell's a little stronger and probably a better blocker.

I'm not sure he's a clear upgrade on Bell, to be honest. But he's different. Yelder and Bell are very similar guys where Seals-Jones may just provide a wrinkle with his deep speed that Bell didn't and Yelder won't.

I think Yelder's why they took a flyer on Seals-Jones. I'd give him no better than 60-40 odds to make the team but if he does, he has some unique skills that Reid can put to use.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:36 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
This is interesting

Uh...thanks Sean?

Ruiz would've carried the same positional value concerns as CEH without the spectacular scheme fit benefits.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:37 PM 05-13-2020
I am very happy the Chiefs didn't use a first on a center.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Uh...thanks Sean?

Ruiz would've carried the same positional value concerns as CEH without the spectacular scheme fit benefits.
I’m happy it didn’t happen, but if it did, I would’ve nailed 3 of the first 4 picks in my final Chiefs mock. That would’ve been badass.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:53 PM 05-13-2020
Oh in no way am I saying it’s a given, but when RunKC made his prediction he thought it was unrealistic. Optimistic? Sure. But when Shady had 5 last year, I don’t see how it’s unrealistic at all.
Hey, dipshit, stop misrepresenting my argument. I didn't say it was unrealistic. I said it was "wishful thinking" defined as the "formation of beliefs based on what might be pleasing to imagine, rather than on evidence, rationality, or reality" aka OPTIMISTIC, which you just agreed with. You literally just agreed with my original assessment, you fucking idiot.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hey, dipshit, stop misrepresenting my argument. I didn't say it was unrealistic. I said it was "wishful thinking" defined as the "formation of beliefs based on what might be pleasing to imagine, rather than on evidence, rationality, or REALITY" aka OPTIMISTIC, which you just agreed with. You literally just agreed with my original assessment, you fucking idiot.

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 02:59 PM 05-13-2020
Optimistic simply means hopeful and confident of the future.

Wishful thinking is not the same thing as being optimistic. That’s a reach. Maybe “overly optimistic”.

10 is just on the optimistic side (DJ’s 8.5 o/u is fair). It’s not wishful thinking.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:00 PM 05-13-2020
:-)
Nooooo, bitch. Don't try and squirm your way out of this one. You've taken multiple victory laps in the Frank Clark threads calling DJ out for having too much ego to admit when he was wrong. You need to admit now that you misrepresented my initial argument this entire time. I just went back and checked and never once said it was unrealistic, only unlikely given Damien's status as the #1 back.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:04 PM 05-13-2020
Nooooo, bitch. Don't try and squirm your way out of this one. You've taken multiple victory laps in the Frank Clark threads calling DJ out for having too much ego to admit when he was wrong. You need to admit now that you misrepresented my initial argument this entire time. I just went back and checked and never once said it was unrealistic, only unlikely given Damien's status as the #1 back.
Did you even read the fucking definition you posted?

“Rather than on reality” aka unrealistic.

You can’t possibly be this fucking stupid :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:06 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by :
Synonyms for Wishful thinking:

n.
•belief that wishes become reality (noun)
self-deception, sophistry, mistaken belief, delusion.
•cognition (noun)
wishful thinking.
•pipe dream (noun)
airy hopes, false hope, air castle, pipe-dream, golden dream, airy hope, unreal hope, castle in the sky, fantastic notion.
You know what’s not listed here? Optimistic.

Take your L and go home Virus :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 05-13-2020, 03:09 PM
This message has been deleted by staylor26.
ThaVirus 03:13 PM 05-13-2020
Did you even read the ****ing definition you posted?

“Rather than on reality” aka unrealistic.

You can’t possibly be this ****ing stupid :-)
Alright, looks like we're arguing again then...

How is Run predicting our new rookie, who is slated to start the season as a complementary back, to match TD totals set by Brian Westrbrook in his second season as the lead back not wishful thinking?

How is you expecting CEH to eclipse 1,000 rushing yards with Damien Williams still on the team not wishful thinking?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:14 PM 05-13-2020
Alright, looks like we're arguing again then...

How is Run predicting our new rookie, who is slated to start the season as a complementary back, to match TD totals set by Brian Westrbrook in his second season as the lead back [i]not/[i] wishful thinking?

How is you expecting CEH to eclipse 1,000 rushing yards with Damien Williams still on the team not wishful thinking?
Now you’re changing the argument entirely :-)

What happened to “Noooo bitch stop misrepresenting me”? You got over that rather quickly and changed the subject. Would that happen to be because you’re a fucking moron that just got exposed?
[Reply]
Page 80 of 295
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Up