ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 295
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Shields68 03:16 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Kareem Hunt became the unquestioned bell cow his rookie season after that performance in NE and he only had 11 TDs.

With a shortened offseason, CEH is likely to start the season #2 on the depth chart. Even if he earns a heavier work load, D Will is going to eat into his snap count.
The only chance he has is if he is the short yardage back from the start. Given how hard he runs there might be a chance. I am guessing the Chiefs will not do a lot of QB sneaks during the regular season.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:17 PM 04-28-2020
Kareem Hunt became the unquestioned bell cow his rookie season after that performance in NE and he only had 11 TDs.

With a shortened offseason, CEH is likely to start the season #2 on the depth chart. Even if he earns a heavier work load, D Will is going to eat into his snap count.
This team scores a lot more points than the Alex Smith team did....
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:22 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This team scores a lot more points than the Alex Smith team did....
It doesn't score that many more points. He's a backup and he's a rookie.

If he does contribute that much, it probably means that D Will went down for a large portion of the season or sapho is right and Pat goes nuclear and throws 50+ TDs again.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:25 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
The only chance he has is if he is the short yardage back from the start. Given how hard he runs there might be a chance. I am guessing the Chiefs will not do a lot of QB sneaks during the regular season.
Yeah that’s no shit, the next QB sneak we run better be to win the Super Bowl or never run it again
[Reply]
staylor26 03:25 PM 04-28-2020

1. You’re talking about a much different offense with fewer opportunities.

2. This is clearly under the assumption of a full season.

3. I don’t care where he starts the season at. He will get a shit load of touches either way.

4. Like I just said an you chose to ignore, the corpse of LeSean McCoyy had 5 TD’s last year. CEH doubling that isn’t “wishful thinking”.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:29 PM 04-28-2020

Damian Williams will pull a hammy in TC, in comes Helaire and never looks back.

We're talking about a starting RB who's seemingly never healthy.

If you don't think the Chiefs will do all they can to get CEH on the field as early as possible you're smoking crack. CEH WILL be the OROY.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:31 PM 04-28-2020
I remember having a similar argument with Virus about Tyreek having a significant impact his rookie year after he tore up TC.

Dude has no fucking foresight with this kind of shit :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:40 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I remember having a similar argument with Virus about Tyreek having a significant impact his rookie year.

Dude has no fucking foresight with this kind of shit :-)
Let me break out my crystal ball:

1. If Damian Williams gets injured at any point in TC, it's over. Helaire will take 1st team reps and be your week 1 starter.

2. If Damian manages to stay healthy, he'll be supplanted by week 4.

3. CEH will EAT underneath. His vision, agility and balance will keep the chains moving on short yardage situations and he'll rival Kelce as Mahomes' favorite "oh shit" option. He'll destroy shallow fronts and his quickness and spin moves will have him on NFL Network highlight reels. He has that fucking juke that legit breaks ankles and we have a coach who knows how to get a back in open space. It's almost impossible for this kid to not be productive.

4. We're the goddamn SB champs. The Chiefs will be plastered all over primetime so the whole nation will see CEH breaking ankles.

5. The Chiefs will be a playoff team and favorites out of the AFC to repeat, so the team will be highly successful.

All of that combined = favorite for OROY. Shoe-in, even.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:42 PM 04-28-2020
Yea CEH and Burrow are easily the early favorites.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:43 PM 04-28-2020
I predict Damien will remain the starter, but the ratio of DW touches to CEH touches will creep from 2-1 at the start of the season - to closer to 50-50 if CEH performs.

Reid likes to showcase players who can then go get paid somewhere else. D Williams will obviously be motivated to go along with that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:46 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea CEH and Burrow are easily the early favorites.
Except Burrow won't be playing in the AFCCG, won't be on primetime nearly as often, won't be in the playoffs, doesn't have much of a supporting cast and doesn't have Andy Reid AND he'll make substantially more mistakes. RB is a much easier position have early success with than QB.

If i were a betting man i'd put my money on CEH.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:46 PM 04-28-2020
Burrow or Tua will probably win OROTY seeing that they are in situations with quality surrounding talent.

I could see Dobbins as the dark horse with how much Baltimore runs the ball
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:48 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I predict Damien will remain the starter, but the ratio of DW touches to CEH touches will creep from 2-1 at the start of the season - to closer to 50-50 if CEH performs.

Reid likes to showcase players who can then go get paid somewhere else. D Williams will obviously be motivated to go along with that.
Even if Damien stays healthy, he's woefully ineffective in short yardage running situations. If CEH pops off playmaking ability early, g'night Damien. And i like Damien. A San Diego native.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:49 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Burrow or Tua will probably win OROTY seeing that they are in situations with quality surrounding talent.
whaat?
[Reply]
Shields68 03:49 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I could see Dobbins as the dark horse with how much Baltimore runs the ball
Depends on when camps open up. Not sure any of them are starters out of the gate without a normal training camp.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 295
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Up