ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 295
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:56 PM 04-28-2020
Some of yall forget how unstoppable this offense was with Kareem Hunt.

Not to take anything away from Damien Williams, but an elite RB will make this offense God-like.

Plus...who's RB once/if Williams goes down to injury again? DWash, Darrell Williams, Darwin??? C'mon...this team's window is now, and can't afford to skip any beats with an inj to a starting RB. When Williams was out, this team had issues running the football. CEH solves this problem immediately.

And remember...Kareem Hunt was a large part of reason why Mahomes was so dominant in 2018. Need a refresher, go watch highlights from that season for the first 11 wks.

This guy has the capability to be a franchise back. And IMO, I think by late season, he'll be the focal RB of this offense heading into post season. 2020 is also Damien Williams last season before becoming a UFA. And I doubt the Chiefs re-sign the guy unless it's for peanuts, especially if CEH explodes onto the scene.

This was an excellent pick given the #selection.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:58 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
That was really brilliant by Andy. Not only did it take advantage of the Titans D - it burned a ton of clock and kept our defense from getting worn down against Henry. I was so happy at the time we were running the ball - shorten the game.

And by shortening the game against a team that needs to run to be explosive offensively, you make it harder for them to do what they do best.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:06 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
That was really brilliant by Andy. Not only did it take advantage of the Titans D - it burned a ton of clock and kept our defense from getting worn down against Henry. I was so happy at the time we were running the ball - shorten the game.
Interestingly, Andy was heavily criticized for in his 2017 matchup against the Titans and his 2013 matchup with the Colts for refusing to call a drive like this in the 2nd half of those games. Kareem had only 5 carries in the second half of that 2017 matchup and the Chiefs ran the ball 7 total times in the second half of the 28 point collapse against the Colts.

Andy's three biggest critiques going into 2018 is that he rarely took chances on 4th down, his refusal to run the ball, and his clock management.

God if he didn't ball out on all three of those in the playoffs. Andy's willingness to improve as a coach deserves all of the praise this season. When it comes to 4th and short, part of me wonders if Andy legitimately defers to his quarterback. He had the field goal unit prepared both for the 1st TD drive against the Titans and the Niners in the playoffs but eventually the offense took the field. On both of those games mic'd ups, you had Patrick yelling for his helmet (lol) and getting his offense back on the field - which Andy rolled with 100%. It makes me wonder if he always would have trusted his QB in that way had they shown that type of confidence.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:32 PM 04-28-2020
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqqk1j...ature=youtu.be
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:01 PM 04-28-2020
If utilized properly and if healthy, CEH has the potential to have a HOF career.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:06 PM 04-28-2020
I think we're pretty much putting him in the HOF at this point. Only question is will he go first ballot or not?
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:09 PM 04-28-2020
I don't even feel guilty about it.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:13 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And by shortening the game against a team that needs to run to be explosive offensively, you make it harder for them to do what they do best.
I feel like our biggest weakness was our ability to let teams keep Pat off the field. The longer Pat is on the field, the more likely it is we will win. Simple as that.

Drafting a RB like this, along with a mauler OT, along with two speedy corners, a stout DE for the rotation, and an absolute physical beast like Gay...

It all adds up to one thing. Time of possession will go up in our favor, which will equate to more wins.

CEH was about keeping the offense on the field by not letting defenses play us one dimensionally.

Gay was about getting the defense off the field by not letting teams run the ball over and over.

KC is going to be better this year than they were last year.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:14 PM 04-28-2020
Rushing: 613 yards, 7 TD’s
Receiving: 432 yards, 4 TD’s

That was Brian Westbrook’s 2nd year in Andy’s offense when he the starter instead of a complimentary player.

95 tackles, 7 TFL, 2 sacks, 5 passes defended, 2 forced fumbles

That was DJ’s first year stats as a rookie.

I think CEH and Gay Jr can match that as rookies. Now think about that being added to a Super Bowl Champion squad returning 20/22 starters?
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:26 PM 04-28-2020
We'll either be SB LV champs or still SB LIV champs
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:28 PM 04-28-2020
Clyde said with his first paycheck he’s gonna buy some land since he’s an outdoorsman. Looking at real estate and investment opportunities as well. This guy is so smart, he also called Mahomes a hall of Famer. He’s gonna fit right in!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:38 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rushing: 613 yards, 7 TD’s
Receiving: 432 yards, 4 TD’s

That was Brian Westbrook’s 2nd year in Andy’s offense when he the starter instead of a complimentary player.

95 tackles, 7 TFL, 2 sacks, 5 passes defended, 2 forced fumbles

That was DJ’s first year stats as a rookie.

I think CEH and Gay Jr can match that as rookies. Now think about that being added to a Super Bowl Champion squad returning 20/22 starters?
11 TDs for a rookie who's looking to start the season as a backup is a bit wishful, I think.

If there's a Spencer Ware/Kareem Hunt situation where he's thrust into the starting role then I could see it happening.. this offense is just so friendly to RBs.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:44 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
11 TDs for a rookie who's looking to start the season as a backup is a bit wishful, I think.

If there's a Spencer Ware/Kareem Hunt situation where he's thrust into the starting role then I could see it happening.. this offense is just so friendly to RBs.
Mahomes is throwing over 50TDs this year if it's a full season.

Book it.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Lol LeSean McCoy had 5 last year on 129 touches.

11 is hardly wishful thinking. Reid didn’t finally draft a RB in the 1st not to use him a ton on a team that’s ready to win now.

There’s a reason he’s an early favorite for OROY.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:11 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol LeSean McCoy had 5 last year on 129 touches.

11 is hardly wishful thinking. Reid didn’t finally draft a RB in the 1st not to use him a ton on a team that’s ready to win now.

There’s a reason he’s an early favorite for OROY.
Kareem Hunt became the unquestioned bell cow his rookie season after that performance in NE and he only had 11 TDs.

With a shortened offseason, CEH is likely to start the season #2 on the depth chart. Even if he earns a heavier work load, D Will is going to eat into his snap count.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 295
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up