ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 468 of 3903
« First < 368418458464465466467468 4694704714724785185689681468 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bwana 01:19 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
How to make sure your credit is so bad, you can't get a loan for a pack of bubble gum for $1000, Alex.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:23 PM 03-19-2020
Since when is rent listed on your credit report
[Reply]
DaFace 01:26 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
They can technically report you to collections, which would damage your credit. Smaller landlords might not mess with it, but some would.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:26 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Rent can positively and negatively affect your credit like anything else
[Reply]
Dunit35 01:27 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Which Chrysler you looking at?
Originally Posted by burt:
It'll happen. We have 0 for 84 months with payment deferment of 120 days. 0% is easier with the current low % from the fed....
We’ve been eyeing a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT for some time. If FCA comes up with a zero percent financing deal it might push us over the edge. Best I could find was for a Compass or Renegade. A huge negative is there isn’t an SRT that matches our wants in our state and hasn’t been since we started looking.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:27 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
In short, yes, it is due to a lack of testing. Here is a daily update on the number of tests run by the CDC and public health labs: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ing-in-us.html

By day 72 of H1N1 we were averaging over 13K confirmations/day if you include all 72 days. That means there were literally millions of tests done in that time span.

With COVID-19 we're still at under 40K tests total, and the vast, vast majority of those have been in the past three weeks...meaning we lost close to two months of prep time and data collection.

I hope that argument is correct but if it is that means close to a million people have the virus so its not even remotely as lethal as we think.

No matter how you slice it it looks like shutting the country down is very questionable when compared to H1N1.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:28 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They can technically report you to collections, which would damage your credit. Smaller landlords might not mess with it, but some would.
Yep, most of the big ones around here do and obviously if you quit making your house strokes, it will make the bank very sad and it will get reported.
[Reply]
srvy 01:30 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
maybe you should quit worrying about other posters and contribute some knowledge to the thread.
You have no knowledge other than posting twitter blogs. You state things you did over 10 years or more ago. Some reason all the things you used to do you no longer do. Possibly because you sucked at them? I dont post things I have no expertise in unlike you who all your experience is decades ago. How I know your full of shit is you said you had put me on ignore yet here you are.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:31 PM 03-19-2020
Popped back in.....saw the discussion of education and holding kids back.

I would say that will not happen. Lots of IF's

IF teachers do online instruction
IF students complete tasks/assessments
IF students pass.
They will not be held back. Not like anyone is anymore anyway.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:32 PM 03-19-2020
We have essentially closed most restaurants in the USA. I had no idea how many people are employed by them or have ancillary jobs due to providing supplies to restaurant. Hard to find independent data.

The restaurant industry site says 15.6 million. If true, having 15 million citizens all of a sudden not have any money coming in, beyond their personal financial issues, has to devastating to our economy.

https://restaurant.org/research/repo...stryRestaurant
Industry Facts at a Glance

[Reply]
srvy 01:35 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We have essentially closed most restaurants in the USA. I had no idea how many people are employed by them or have ancillary jobs due to providing supplies to restaurant. Hard to find independent data.

The restaurant industry site says 15.6 million. If true, having 15 million citizens all of a sudden not have any money coming in, beyond their personal financial issues, has to devastating to our economy.

https://restaurant.org/research/repo...stryRestaurant Industry Facts at a Glance
  • $899 billion: Restaurant industry's projected sales in 2020
  • 1 million+: Restaurant locations in the United States
  • 15.6 million: Restaurant industry employees
  • 1.6 million: New restaurant jobs created by 2030
  • 9 in 10 restaurant managers started in entry-level positions
  • 8 in 10 restaurant owners started their industry careers in entry-level positions
  • 9 in 10 restaurants have fewer than 50 employees
  • 7 in 10 restaurants are single-unit operations
  • Restaurants employ more minority managers than any other industry
  • 63% of consumers would rather spend on an experience than purchase an item
  • The number of middle-class jobs ($45K-$75K) in the restaurant industry grew 84% between 2010 and 2018, more than 3 times faster than in the overall economy.
Do you live in a cave? This is another reason you shouldn't post about thing you don't know about which apparently is a vast data base.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:39 PM 03-19-2020
Twitter #socialdistancingpickuplines It is funny.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Soci...d_click&f=live
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:41 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Do you live in a cave? This is another reason you shouldn't post about thing you don't know about which apparently is a vast data base.
Yeah, I'm not generally a 'pile on' sort as I like to tell people they're idiots in my own special way.

But c'mon - if you don't realize the impact of the restaurant and hotel industry on our economy and how devastating it will be to America when we shut those down, I think you can probably bow out of the 'WE HAVE TO SHUT IT DOWN!!!' conversation.

These are EXACTLY the concerns that so many people are trying to raise and being shouted down over.

And it's only the tip of the iceberg if we cannot find a path forward.
[Reply]
Donger 01:41 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
No matter how you slice it it looks like shutting the country down is very questionable when compared to H1N1.
H1N1 had a fatality rate of 0.02%
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:43 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
H1N1 had a fatality rate of 0.02%
Did you read what we were discussing?
[Reply]
Page 468 of 3903
« First < 368418458464465466467468 4694704714724785185689681468 > Last »
Up