ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2675 of 2688
« First < 1675217525752625266526712672267326742675 26762677267826792685 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 03:33 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Brady did not clean up his diet until sometime in his 30's. The interesting thing with Mahomes is he doesn't look fat with a shirt on. For all we know, the extra padding is helpful when you get nailed by a 250+ pound defensive player.
He doesn't truck people like Josh, and he's not as dynamic as Lamar, but he has this sweet spot where he's just fast enough to burn you on his sneaks, and has enough weight and acceleration to grab an extra yard or 2 after contact.

Idk who the best comp here is. Elway? Big Ben?
[Reply]
Dante84 03:33 PM 03-20-2024
Guys, I'm pretty sure Pat's got this.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:36 PM 03-20-2024
lol this aged well

He (Mahomes) does not have Tom Brady’s drive. Winning is not as important for him as it was for Tom Brady, and some of that may have to do with Mahomes being a first round pick. pic.twitter.com/6vz91n5Jjc

— Jason Whitlock (@WhitlockJason) December 5, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:38 PM 03-20-2024
stroupe said he wanted mahomes at a certain weight because you can't fire a cannon out of a canoe

i am sure he is checking mahomes BF% and weight regularly and as long as he's happy, we should be too
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:45 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
He doesn't truck people like Josh, and he's not as dynamic as Lamar, but he has this sweet spot where he's just fast enough to burn you on his sneaks, and has enough weight and acceleration to grab an extra yard or 2 after contact.

How many times do I have to say this? No one should ever deign to compare Patrick Mahomes II to that schlub mediocre broncos quarterback.

In terms of scrambling, it's hard to find an exact comparison. I think Patrick's strength is not solely speed or bulk, but more about knowing exactly when and where to run. Maybe the closest equivalent to Patrick is Fran Tarkenton. They aren't built alike at all, but Tarkenton was great at in-pocket movement and he knew when and where to run without taking a hard hit. If not him, then I might go back to Andy's other quarterbacks, Donovan McNabb and Alex Smith. Oddly, I think those two guys are similar to Patrick in running style in ways that most quarterbacks aren't.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:46 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That was nice to watch. I will say #8 was a better catch by Watson than throw by Mahomes. #4 as well for Kelce.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:53 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
lol this aged well

Whitlock is Skip without the money or the tv show.

He’s a the biggest hot take whore out there, but he doesn’t have the accompanying platform to go with it.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this guy is sucking truck stop dicks for money in 5 years
[Reply]
notorious 04:09 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Trevo_410:
mahomes about to come into camp next year in the best condition ever
He's perfect as it is.

Needs that pudding to take hits anyway. It's a good thing.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:12 PM 03-20-2024

MAYBE early Favre?
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:19 PM 03-20-2024
:-) Brutal.

Sidenote: perspective is weird, but Brown doesn't look that much smaller than Rice. He has to be though, right?

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I hope he does not take up body sculpting in favor of whatever he is doing now, because whatever he is doing now is working.
Agreed.

I don't remember when and it was unrelated to this, but Dilfer (for whatever he is has some decent insights from time to time) was on Rusillo's show saying he needed to go into the season a little soft so he could take the hits.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:59 PM 03-20-2024
lol this aged well

Is there anything that ever ages well coming from Whitlock's piehole? Dude is a fucking rodeo clown.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:22 PM 03-20-2024

I'll quote James Worthy but change up the MJ & Bird comparison

Lamar & Josh will make you look slow, but Mahomes will make you look stupid
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:23 PM 03-20-2024
People posting about an elite athlete’s diet is pretty funny.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:13 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I'll quote James Worthy but change up the MJ & Bird comparison

Lamar & Josh will make you look slow, but Mahomes will make you look stupid
This is a very good way to look at it. It’s kind of pointless trying to compare him to other quarterbacks. He certainly not at all like big Ben. He just has something unique and special that goes beyond athletic ability and I guess maybe it’s football IQ and how he uses it.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:20 PM 03-20-2024
One perspective on whether Mahomes has the same drive to win as Brady concerns how much money each left on the table to help build up their surrounding the cast. Mahomes has been pretty good to the Chiefs about this, and we are better shape than most of the other teams, with top quarterbacks that have been paid, and Mahomes readily restructured his contract. But Brady seem to realize that his contract was almost immaterial, and what was far more important was his reputation as the GOAT. So, I think he was willing to leave a lot more on the table to help build the team. The financial status of his former wife is a supermodel might also have played a role here.

But mahones has so much opportunities to make money outside of what he is paid and has utilized this that I think it’s too bad he takes up as much cap space as he does. I mean no question he is absolutely worth it. But I think if he took up a bit less, it would be better for the team and ultimately for him in terms of earning potential. Not really a criticism. Just a thought.
[Reply]
Page 2675 of 2688
« First < 1675217525752625266526712672267326742675 26762677267826792685 > Last »
Up