ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2178 of 2688
« First < 1178167820782128216821742175217621772178 21792180218121822188222822782678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:29 PM 02-01-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Er I'm talking about the OVERALL performance of the defense this season!!..not just sunday. And imo a top ten defense could easily win you that game against Cinci just like the Pats D won Brady superbowls several times. Pat is being asked to do more with non of what other QB's have around them and it needs to be addressed..period.
Your defense was 8th in points allowed and 5th in turnovers.

Pretty solid stuff.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:56 PM 02-01-2022
Not sure where to post this, so just going to drop it here.

What happened with, what appeared to me, to be a Bolton? INT on Sunday along the sidelines. I'm assuming he either wasn't in or didn't have control, but I briefly caught the replay in the stadium so I wasn't sure. We didn't challenge it so I assumed I just missed what happened and was curious.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 PM 02-01-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Not sure where to post this, so just going to drop it here.

What happened with, what appeared to me, to be a Bolton? INT on Sunday along the sidelines. I'm assuming he either wasn't in or didn't have control, but I briefly caught the replay in the stadium so I wasn't sure. We didn't challenge it so I assumed I just missed what happened and was curious.
Ball hit the ground.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:58 PM 02-01-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Ball hit the ground.
Thanks! Wasn't paying attention to the replay and assumed it was something that I missed.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:28 PM 02-01-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Your defense was 8th in points allowed and 5th in turnovers.

Pretty solid stuff.
Ranked 27th in total defense and was bad against good qb's.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:00 PM 02-01-2022
Ranked 27th in total defense and was bad against good qb's.
27th is because of yards which is a poor metric to rank defenses especially in the modern NFL. The Raiders was 14th in yards but 26th in points and 31st in turnovers. Yuck. And it cost us because in the playoffs, unlike the Bengals, we couldn't generate a game shifting turnover.

Forget yards. Give me top 10 in points and turnovers any day. 48 out of the 55 SB winners were top 10 in points allowed. 2019 Chiefs were 7th in points allowed.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:40 AM 02-02-2022

So… can someone smarter than me explain this to me like I’m five - was the play before the half an RPO? And if so… why does this not end up in McKinnon’s belly? pic.twitter.com/EnvjDjVtQz

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) February 2, 2022

This really hurts. Chiefs had 4 ways to score - McKinnon could have easily run it in, Mahomes could have seen the hole and just run it in behind McKinnon, McKinnon could have turned around and caught it, or Mahomes could have hit Kelce. Instead Mahomes brainfarted and never even looked to the right side of the field.

And the people who think you can't run it in. Sure you can. We should be able to get 1 yard behind our bruiser offensive line.

And all this because Andy fucked up and called a timeout before challenging. Every goddam person watching the broadcast knew we should have challenged. We've done this sooooo many times over the last few years. Whoever gets in Andy's ear about challenging plays should have been fired a long time ago. Just have someone watching the freaking broadcast and yell down to him.

There really is something majorly wrong with Andy's play challenge process. It's like one person up in the booth watching some feed and scared to buzz in unless they're 100% sure or something.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:57 AM 02-02-2022
Having had a few days to process what happened I think there's a few things that need to be said. How many top QB's have been asked to win championships withput a decent defense and a reliable run-game?

Allen= number one defense

Brady= Top defenses his entire career & had very good run-game in tampa

Lamar= High ranking defenses and number one run-games

Rodgers= Decent defense and very good run-game

Etc etc

But for most of Pat's career he's had patches of good defense, and a stretch here or there when an RB gets hot.

The key moving forward for Veach among many things must be to put together a top 10 defense and get an RB wjo will murder teams who try to drop 7 or 8 deep. Do that and we'll see more glory again.

Imagine how Golden State felt losing to Lebron when 3-1 up in the finals? They got KD and dominated. It's time to get our "KD" now i'e defense and run-game.
Any clue how good the Bengals defense is?
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 06:17 AM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Not nearly as good as you think it is
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:17 AM 02-02-2022
Lol at anyone thinking this defense was top 10 in point allowed means anything…..

I bet you also think the Bills Defense was amazing too
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 06:22 AM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I hope you got the joke
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:30 AM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

This really hurts. Chiefs had 4 ways to score - McKinnon could have easily run it in, Mahomes could have seen the hole and just run it in behind McKinnon, McKinnon could have turned around and caught it, or Mahomes could have hit Kelce. Instead Mahomes brainfarted and never even looked to the right side of the field.

And the people who think you can't run it in. Sure you can. We should be able to get 1 yard behind our bruiser offensive line.

And all this because Andy ****ed up and called a timeout before challenging. Every goddam person watching the broadcast knew we should have challenged. We've done this sooooo many times over the last few years. Whoever gets in Andy's ear about challenging plays should have been fired a long time ago. Just have someone watching the freaking broadcast and yell down to him.

There really is something majorly wrong with Andy's play challenge process. It's like one person up in the booth watching some feed and scared to buzz in unless they're 100% sure or something.
Lord, that's GROSS...watching the game, they didn't show the replay from behind the offense, just from the sidelines, and my buddy and I both said "Looks like McKinnon would have scored easily if he got the ball there". Looking at this angle...holy shit...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:22 AM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

And all this because Andy fucked up and called a timeout before challenging. Every goddam person watching the broadcast knew we should have challenged. We've done this sooooo many times over the last few years. Whoever gets in Andy's ear about challenging plays should have been fired a long time ago. Just have someone watching the freaking broadcast and yell down to him.

We didn't have a timeout so a run would have been extremely risky there, especially with a smaller back like McKinnon.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:25 AM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We didn't have a timeout so a run would have been extremely risky there, especially with a smaller back like McKinnon.
That hole was big enough to drive a truck through. It was a RPO...how can he not see that...

...whatever. Bring on the off season, I need to quit seeing this shit...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:39 AM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
That hole was big enough to drive a truck through. It was a RPO...how can he not see that...

...whatever. Bring on the off season, I need to quit seeing this shit...
He was probably instructed before the play not to hand-off no matter what. You never know, there could be a LB somewhere in the scrum who could make the stop.

That play is really on Mahomes. That should have been a quick pass into the end zone or you throw that one into the dirt then kick the field goal.
[Reply]
Page 2178 of 2688
« First < 1178167820782128216821742175217621772178 21792180218121822188222822782678 > Last »
Up