ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 221
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
In58men 02:29 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by loochy:
aaah, there are a few clean water fish.

inmen's gross poop-eating fish kind of grossed me out
To be honest the water is pretty damn clear, sometimes you can see the fish. The striper is damn good. Stop being a fussy whiny female and grow some ****ing balls David ****ing Schwimmer
[Reply]
NewChief 02:43 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Going out into the everglades this weekend. Will have one of my best shots at a 10+ pounder out there since it holds some of the biggest bass you'll ever see in large numbers.
So if an alligator doesn't eat me it'll be pretty sweet.
If you actually definitely want to catch a 10+ pounder, go to Okeechobee with a guide. My father in law absolutely killed them and caught multiple 10+ fish when he went. They were fishing with live golden shiners I believe (which isn't really my bag), but the grip and grins were priceless.
[Reply]
threebag 02:45 PM 05-18-2015
Hell you could have sold/bartered the carp to cover your bait cost atleast. lol
[Reply]
In58men 02:55 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Hell you could have sold/bartered the carp to cover your bait cost atleast. lol
We threw it back, carp is bony. **** that noise
[Reply]
beach tribe 02:57 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
If you actually definitely want to catch a 10+ pounder, go to Okeechobee with a guide. My father in law absolutely killed them and caught multiple 10+ fish when he went. They were fishing with live golden shiners I believe (which isn't really my bag), but the grip and grins were priceless.
Interesting.
Have been thinking about a trip to Okeechobee.
Not sure my pride can allow me to do the whole guide thing, though, unfortunately.
Not saying it's a bad thing, or whatever.
I really want that 10 pounder, I just want it to come more naturally without any assistance.
[Reply]
loochy 03:02 PM 05-18-2015
I like fishing.
[Reply]
In58men 03:03 PM 05-18-2015
Fuck off
[Reply]
loochy 03:04 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
I
Not sure my pride can allow me to do the whole guide thing, though, unfortunately.
I hired a guide when I was in New Mexico. It was well worth it, even though I didn't need him. He corrected some flaws in my cast and he gave me some pointers that I had never previously run across.
[Reply]
tooge 03:08 PM 05-18-2015
So, here is how that carp is prepared for frying. And YES, it is that exact same type of common carp. I've caught just about every species of freshwater fish swimming. I love bluegill, walleye, and crappie as table fare. Having said that, common carp is every bit as good. They have the same diet as bluegill for the most part, in insects and invertebrates, so the flesh is similar, but you can catch one and have a nice fish fry instead of having to catch 30.

I don't fish for carp at all, but if you catch one, by all means, try scoring and frying it, or try brining and smoking it. I hate when people spout out opinions about something that they've never even tried.
Attached: carp.jpg (14.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Otter 03:21 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by tooge:
So, here is how that carp is prepared for frying. And YES, it is that exact same type of common carp. I've caught just about every species of freshwater fish swimming. I love bluegill, walleye, and crappie as table fare. Having said that, common carp is every bit as good. They have the same diet as bluegill for the most part, in insects and invertebrates, so the flesh is similar, but you can catch one and have a nice fish fry instead of having to catch 30.

I don't fish for carp at all, but if you catch one, by all means, try scoring and frying it, or try brining and smoking it. I hate when people spout out opinions about something that they've never even tried.

I couldn't eat carp just because of the way they look. The only other fish I squeem when I touch is called a chub. If I can't touch it I sure as shit aren't eating it.

Rosie O'Donnell may have a muff that tastes like a fresh honey pot but I'll never know because of the package.
[Reply]
loochy 03:24 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by Otter:
Rosie O'Donnell may have a muff that tastes like afresh honey pot but I'll never know because of the package.
oddly enough, it also resembles a carp's mouth

[Reply]
booger 03:28 PM 05-18-2015
People mistake drum when they catch them thinking they are a carp species. Fillet them out no bones and nice white fillets. Fun to catch too
[Reply]
booger 03:31 PM 05-18-2015
Sexy twat whiskers
[Reply]
tooge 03:32 PM 05-18-2015
The red ear sunfish in my pond are getting to be pretty nice size. There are now bass controlling the smaller ones, so I'm releasing these to get bigger. That's my son. He's a fishin machine
Attached: IMG_0671.JPG (167.6 KB) IMG_0818.JPG (126.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:32 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by booger:
People mistake drum when they catch them thinking they are a carp species. Fillet them out no bones and nice white fillets. Fun to catch too
Drum are good eating.
The Neosho is up and they're running right now too.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 221
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up