ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 221
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Radar Chief 11:13 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
More like a 20 year old fish and in all reality it got that big by eating a shitload of stuff that could've easily been eaten by other fish that can now get bigger/stronger in their own right.
Of the record cats that have been autopsied none I've heard more than about 30 years old, indicating that available forage is more important to growing big cats than genetics.

On a side note: very few sport fisherman are going after flatheads and the few that do find them very difficult to get on line. That's why it's legal to hand fish for them in some states. The states that don't allow "noodling" do so for the fisherman's safety not because they're worried about running out of flatheads.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:31 PM 05-28-2017
Caught one fish today and it was a solid saugeye. I didn't weigh it but it was 21". 14" is minimum in Oklahoma and they are supposed to taste like walleye.

Fish and game pulled up next to us as well. They checked our licenses and chatted for 10 minutes. They did say they caught one boat trying to keep fish under legal limit. That pisses me off. They seemed surprised that we are a catch and release boat.

Fish and Game said the boat was trying to keep Saugeye under legal limit. Keeping a undersized fish that doesn't reproduce. Nothing pisses me off more.

One more edit: from what I've read, Saugeyes do reproduce
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:51 AM 05-29-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Caught one fish today and it was a solid saugeye. I didn't weigh it but it was 21". 14" is minimum in Oklahoma and they are supposed to taste like walleye.

Fish and game pulled up next to us as well. They checked our licenses and chatted for 10 minutes. They did say they caught one boat trying to keep fish under legal limit. That pisses me off. They seemed surprised that we are a catch and release boat.

Fish and Game said the boat was trying to keep Saugeye under legal limit. Keeping a undersized fish that doesn't reproduce. Nothing pisses me off more.

One more edit: from what I've read, Saugeyes do reproduce
I don't recall ever being asked by a fish and game ranger for my license so it kind of pisses me off. I want to show them the 3 pole license I spent 36 bucks on. I've gone up to them and said hey do you want to see my license their like no that's fine I believe you. Mother fucker. I know if I didn't have one I'd be fucked so I want to show them.

Good job on your catch. I'm starting my 13 day/night vacation after i get off in the morning. My plans are in fluctuation so not sure how much fishing i'm going get in. Planning on going to Idaho but that's a long drive.

Anyone do some fishing in Idaho? Trout, Salmon, anyone catch a Sturgeon ?
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 01:34 PM 05-29-2017
My family had a cabin on Priest Lake in N. Idaho. Brook Trout for breakfast and then head out on the lake for Mackinaw. Man I miss that.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:10 PM 05-29-2017
Took my grandson to a friends pond today. He caught a few fish, got to go out in a kayak by himself and went riding on the 4 wheeler with him.
Damn fine day.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 09:49 PM 05-29-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I don't recall ever being asked by a fish and game ranger for my license so it kind of pisses me off. I want to show them the 3 pole license I spent 36 bucks on. I've gone up to them and said hey do you want to see my license their like no that's fine I believe you. Mother fucker. I know if I didn't have one I'd be fucked so I want to show them.

Good job on your catch. I'm starting my 13 day/night vacation after i get off in the morning. My plans are in fluctuation so not sure how much fishing i'm going get in. Planning on going to Idaho but that's a long drive.

Anyone do some fishing in Idaho? Trout, Salmon, anyone catch a Sturgeon ?
Yeesh, where are you fishing that a 3-pole permit costs $36?
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:23 PM 05-29-2017
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Yeesh, where are you fishing that a 3-pole permit costs $36?
Aaaahh Kansas. :-) You get two poles on regular license and pay $6 extra to be able use 3 poles. I don't know what the fine is if you get caught using more than 3 poles without it.

You also have to pay extra for a trout permit
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:26 PM 05-29-2017
Booooya starting my vacation early :-) I went in early and expected to work tonight but they had extra coverage and let me go home fuck yeah. Off two weeks. :-) what to do what to do Oh I got an idea think i'll go fishing!
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 11:30 PM 05-29-2017
Aaaahh Kansas. :-) You get two poles on regular license and pay $6 extra to be able use 3 poles. I don't know what the fine is if you get caught using more than 3 poles without it.

You also have to pay extra for a trout permit
Ah, I thought you meant the 3-pole alone was $36.

As for fines, it's $98 just to get into the courthouse and from there, since it's a class C misdemeanor (as are the vast majority of wildlife violations), the maximum is $500 and a month in jail, though it'll likely be just a simple fine, probably no more than $100 depending on county.

Not to mention possible loss of license and/or equipment.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:42 PM 05-29-2017
Ah, I thought you meant the 3-pole alone was $36.

As for fines, it's $98 just to get into the courthouse and from there, since it's a class C misdemeanor (as are the vast majority of wildlife violations), the maximum is $500 and a month in jail, though it'll likely be just a simple fine, probably no more than $100 depending on county.

Not to mention possible loss of license and/or equipment.
I shouldn't complain of Kansas I know other states are worse. The thing that makes me mad is they apparently up the age to I think 72 to not need a license. Fuck em I'm not buying one after I turn 65 I'll sit in jail but I'm not going pay for one @ age 65.

I have a couple decades to go before I have to worry about that though lol
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:02 AM 05-30-2017
I shouldn't complain of Kansas I know other states are worse. The thing that makes me mad is they apparently up the age to I think 72 to not need a license. Fuck em I'm not buying one after I turn 65 I'll sit in jail but I'm not going pay for one @ age 65.

I have a couple decades to go before I have to worry about that though lol
It's 75, and you can buy a senior "lifetime" hunt/fish combo for about $40 that will be valid for those 10 years between 65-75.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:14 AM 05-30-2017
It's 75, and you can buy a senior "lifetime" hunt/fish combo for about $40 that will be valid for those 10 years between 65-75.
Well it's about principal. I may/maynot but I protest when I'm 65
[Reply]
alexhales 01:12 PM 06-13-2017
The are awesome points you have made here
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:21 AM 06-18-2017
Anybody ever used Beef Tripe for bait ? I bought some yesterday and cut it into chunks and have marinated it in White vinegar and garlic . Going to try it on catfish tomorrow. I've never tried it but went to grab chicken liver and saw it and thought hey that shit should stay on the hook really well and it's nasty.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:25 AM 06-18-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Anybody ever used Beef Tripe for bait ? I bought some yesterday and cut it into chunks and have marinated it in White vinegar and garlic . Going to try it on catfish tomorrow. I've never tried it but went to grab chicken liver and saw it and thought hey that shit should stay on the hook really well and it's nasty.
I'm sure channel cat will eat it. They'll eat anything.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 221
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185 > Last »
Up