ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 451 of 791
« First < 351401441447448449450451 452453454455461501551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:59 AM 03-13-2019
Alright hear me out I know it’d be a ton of money to safeties but we do have the cap space to make it work...

Trade EB, sign Earl.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:00 AM 03-13-2019
This one would really put a hurtin’ on the Dorsey fanboys’ argument for him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:00 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Alright hear me out I know it’d be a ton of money to safeties but we do have the cap space to make it work...

Trade EB, sign Earl.
Two years at $15 million a year? I’m good with it.

Trade for a CB and draft a couple DEs.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:01 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I don't care enough to google this question.
LOL he's a Giants beat writer
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:02 AM 03-13-2019
Dorsey is probably sitting there with a load of cap space and thinking the reward outweighs the risk.

But I think he’s deadass wrong.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:03 AM 03-13-2019

Trade EB, sign Earl.
I have a hard time believing they would trade Berry without the receiving team taking on some of his signing bonus. They could basically restructure the contract, converting bonus to guaranteed salary, which would alleviate the cap hit for his shipping out.

If you trade him, it is the same as cutting him pre-June 1, as his entire $15M in dead money gets accelerated to hit this year. Basically, you can trade Eric Berry, but it wipes out all money saved by shipping out Ford.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 AM 03-13-2019
I could see Dorsey doing it simply because he’s got some cap room to burn (or he at least probably views it that way). But it still will bite them in the ass if that heel flames up.

Chiefs don’t get near as much cap space in this scenario though so compensation has to be decent.
They'd get a massive long-term cap benefit over cutting him.

Because right now part of his deal is guaranteed; right at $3 million. Another $7 million guarantees soon but we can cut him to be clear of that.

We cannot, however, clear the $3 million. If we could get him traded we'd clear $4.5 million this season and EVERYTHING for coming seasons. That benefit in the 2nd year of potential Jones/Hill/Fuller deals would be massive as that's when those deals will see increased base salaries. Those are the years where you'll really have to tapdance to fit those guys under the cap and keep a solid team.

If you can trade Berry WITH a 6th rounder and get a 7th back, you do it just to unload that additional $3 million in guaranteed salary that we'd have to eat if we cut him.

There's no way that's legit. It doesn't made a damn bit of sense.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:04 AM 03-13-2019
Dorsey is probably sitting there with a load of cap space and thinking the reward outweighs the risk.

But I think he’s deadass wrong.
He’s making bets... not all will be right, but they all don’t have to be right. And CLE has sucked for so long. Win 8-9 games each of the next 5 years and he’s a rock star there.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:04 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I have a hard time believing they would trade Berry without the receiving team taking on some of his signing bonus. They could basically restructure the contract, converting bonus to guaranteed salary, which would alleviate the cap hit for his shipping out.

If you trade him, it is the same as cutting him pre-June 1, as his entire $15M in dead money gets accelerated to hit this year. Basically, you can trade Eric Berry, but it wipes out all money saved by shipping out Ford.
Not true, Chiefs get $4.5M in space today if he’s traded.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They'd get a massive long-term cap benefit over cutting him.

Because right now part of his deal is guaranteed; right at $3 million. Another $7 million guarantees soon but we can cut him to be clear of that.

We cannot, however, clear the $3 million. If we could get him traded we'd clear $4.5 million this season and EVERYTHING for coming seasons. That benefit in the 2nd year of potential Jones/Hill/Fuller deals would be massive as that's when those deals will see increased base salaries. Those are the years where you'll really have to tapdance to fit those guys under the cap and keep a solid team.

If you can trade Berry WITH a 6th rounder and get a 7th back, you do it just to unload that additional $3 million in guaranteed salary that we'd have to eat if we cut him.

Maybe the risks are worth it to Dorsey. If Berry is healthy....it’s a steal. If he isn’t....then he doesn’t have anything guaranteed right?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:04 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Neither does signing Demetrius Harris but Dorsey just did it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:06 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Maybe the risks are worth it to Dorsey. If Berry is healthy....it’s a steal. If he isn’t....then he doesn’t have anything guaranteed right?
That's exactly what it is.

The Chiefs are in a completely different situation. It's not worth their risk but the Browns can afford to pay him and get nothing, for the potential reward of him returning to form.

It's basically just like Dee Ford.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:07 AM 03-13-2019
Alright so PFTCommentor posted a DM on Instagram from a ‘source’ that said Berry to Cleveland would be the next big thing to happen. And that guy, when he rarely posts scoops, has always been right as far as I remember.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 10:07 AM 03-13-2019
This makes zero sense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 03-13-2019
Alright so PFTCommentor posted a DM on Instagram from a ‘source’ that said Berry to Cleveland would be the next big thing to happen. And that guy, when he rarely posts scoops, has always been right as far as I remember.
This is going to be EPIC!
[Reply]
Page 451 of 791
« First < 351401441447448449450451 452453454455461501551 > Last »
Up