ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 341
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Bowser 10:11 AM 11-25-2018
D'oh. It's the Glock 17 that has the difference in mag sizes. See, this is what I'm talking about. *gives up lunch money to bigjosh*

And I like the look of the accessories. This might turn into an expensive hobby, huh?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:57 AM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
D'oh. It's the Glock 17 that has the difference in mag sizes. See, this is what I'm talking about. *gives up lunch money to bigjosh*

And I like the look of the accessories. This might turn into an expensive hobby, huh?

Change out that light for a Streamlight and you will begin to understand the cost of those accessories. :-)

Don't know about that "Goldfinger" barrel.....but what the hey, right? :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:31 AM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Yep.....My Wife carries a PPK. I've always liked the "feel" of the smaller pistol and, with the right ammo, is most definitely a good self-defense pistol.

Just ask 007 :-)
True... :-)

I really didn't see myself buying either a Walther nor a 9mm, but I tried the PPQ and PPX I was sold.
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:35 AM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

I really didn't see myself buying either a Walther nor a 9mm, but I tried the PPQ and PPX I was sold.
Best trigger in the business.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:45 PM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
All glock 19 are 15 rounds standard capacity. The gen 3 and 4 have finger grooves, the gen 5 has a smooth grip. The trigger is completely different in a gen 5, as they went back to a 2 pin setup. Any higher capacity glock 9mm mags fit in a 19. I use 17rd mags and have a couple 33rds just because I can. Don’t believe what everyone is saying about glocks being boring and basic. There are tons of parts and accessories to murder it out with. The aftermarket is huge for g19.

When I see pictures of tricked out Glocks, I'm kind of torn between thinking they're awesome but also thinking they're ridiculous. Sort of like somebody who spends massive amounts of money turning a regular car into a high performance sports car when they could have just got a high performance sports car.

They are pretty, though. But I got past the point where pretty matters to me a long time ago.
[Reply]
bigjosh 01:17 PM 11-25-2018
Ohh btw, if you buy a glock without night sights, get a good set of sights to put on it. Factory sights blow.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:29 PM 11-25-2018
Mine came with AmeriGlo night sights.
[Reply]
bigjosh 02:04 PM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Mine came with AmeriGlo night sights.

Mine came with the shitty glock bucket sight. Switched for Ameriglo with a blacked out rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bdj23 04:36 PM 11-25-2018
So i found the rifle i've been wanting to get on Armslist for $776 (weird price, but whatever)

Go to Gunbroker to see what comparable rifles are fetching online.

Litetally the first auction is the exact pictures from the Armslist add. The Armlist add is out of KCK, the auction is out of Arizona.

Scammers deserve the gas chamber.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:09 PM 11-25-2018
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 10:38 PM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Ohh btw, if you buy a glock without night sights, get a good set of sights to put on it. Factory sights blow.
Cheaper to ship into glock and they will install night sights quite cheap. Just take the slide off, I strip all the internals and they will replace those as well for no charge, and then ship back.
Cost me about 50-70 each time I think and I have shipped them atleast 5-6 now. Everytime I get a used glock without them, I ship it in because it’s cheaper than doing yourself and the parts they replace for free, can either come in handy or be sold for the price of the sights.
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:53 AM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Cheaper to ship into glock and they will install night sights quite cheap. Just take the slide off, I strip all the internals and they will replace those as well for no charge, and then ship back.

Cost me about 50-70 each time I think and I have shipped them atleast 5-6 now. Everytime I get a used glock without them, I ship it in because it’s cheaper than doing yourself and the parts they replace for free, can either come in handy or be sold for the price of the sights.

Ehh I bought fiber sights on amazon for 35 bucks and swapped myself. I like the idea of getting slide parts for free though. That’s nice for building poly80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:36 PM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

I've always like Walther. However, I found another maker (Bersa) that I swear, rivals Walther. Shoots EXACTLY like the PPK....Sure, it's not a Walther, but the difference in price makes it more than a good idea....
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:45 PM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I've always like Walther. However, I found another maker (Bersa) that I swear, rivals Walther. Shoots EXACTLY like the PPK....Sure, it's not a Walther, but the difference in price makes it more than a good idea....
380 Bersa Thunder plus is nice carry weapon.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:16 PM 11-29-2018
I'm willing to try one.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 341
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Up