ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 341
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:40 AM 07-03-2018
308 is too expensive. I almost bought one a few months ago, but got a handgun and a pile of ar15 lowers instead. My club only goes 100 yds out, no use pulling the trigger at .75 cents a round for that.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:00 PM 07-03-2018
A couple of years ago I purchased a DPMS AR-10. Didn't really expect too much from it - but I'll be damned if it isn't a fine, high quality rifle. That SOB will drive tacks at 400 yards with iron sights and 700-900 years with a Leupold.

Nothing in the world wrong with a AR-10 - but a year later, my kids went together and bought me a Springfield M1A. SO…the AR doesn't see a lot of "playing time" these days :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 01:07 PM 07-03-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
A couple of years ago I purchased a DPMS AR-10. Didn't really expect too much from it - but I'll be damned if it isn't a fine, high quality rifle. That SOB will drive tacks at 400 yards with iron sights and 700-900 years with a Leupold.

Nothing in the world wrong with a AR-10 - but a year later, my kids went together and bought me a Springfield M1A. SO…the AR doesn't see a lot of "playing time" these days :-)
That's where I'm at - I already have an M1A. Just can't justify the expense of getting an AR-10.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:37 PM 07-04-2018
I’ve decided to build an AR pistol. My Tavor is just too heavy with the attached suppressor.

I’m going as light as possible. I ordered a PSA lower with an enhanced polished trigger, MaGpul grip, and an SB tactical brace. The brace was the main reason I bought it. The brace alone is $140 on Gunbroker.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165448150.html

I’m needing to find a 10.5” complete upper. I don’t care what the hand guard looks like. I’m throwing this bad boy on it. It doesn’t get much lighter than this.
It’s 6.15oz for the 9”.

https://brigandarms.com/product/atlas/#reviews
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:08 PM 07-06-2018
Could have bought a complete palmetto pistol with bcg and charging handle, sb brace and mlok handgaurd for 499 this week.

[Reply]
Dunit35 07:20 PM 07-06-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Could have bought a complete palmetto pistol with bcg and charging handle, sb brace and mlok handgaurd for 499 this week.

I must have been too late. I’d jump all over that now.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 07:24 PM 07-06-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I’ve decided to build an AR pistol. My Tavor is just too heavy with the attached suppressor.

I’m going as light as possible. I ordered a PSA lower with an enhanced polished trigger, MaGpul grip, and an SB tactical brace. The brace was the main reason I bought it. The brace alone is $140 on Gunbroker.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165448150.html

I’m needing to find a 10.5” complete upper. I don’t care what the hand guard looks like. I’m throwing this bad boy on it. It doesn’t get much lighter than this.
It’s 6.15oz for the 9”.

https://brigandarms.com/product/atlas/#reviews
I hope this is for personal use and not for your job? I’ve shot an AR pistol before and it’s very loud and it throws a huge flame out the muzzle, like a foot long or more, I can’t imagine shooting it in low light or dark...
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:28 PM 07-06-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I hope this is for personal use and not for your job? I’ve shot an AR pistol before and it’s very loud and it throws a huge flame out the muzzle, like a foot long or more, I can’t imagine shooting it in low light or dark...
This is for work. I don’t know what you were shooting but I have yet to see a huge flame come out of a 10.5” barrel. A few guys carry an AR pistol with a 10.5” barrel and they aren’t much louder than a 16”.

Now a 7.5” barrel is loud and I have no use for a 7.5” barrel.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:15 AM 07-07-2018
This is for work. I don’t know what you were shooting but I have yet to see a huge flame come out of a 10.5” barrel. A few guys carry an AR pistol with a 10.5” barrel and they aren’t much louder than a 16”.

Now a 7.5” barrel is loud and I have no use for a 7.5” barrel.
I shot a true AR pistol, the buffer tube was about as long as the barrel. It was fun to shoot but honestly, IMHO, it's little more than a novelty gun. Again, the blast is very loud and the flame out the muzzle is very big. If I'm a cop, I'm advertising to every bad guy with a gun, where I am if it's at low light or night. Plus, I'm blinding myself every time I pull the trigger. Also, the 5.56 is a rifle cartridge, not a pistol cartridge, the bullet looses much of it's power when coming out of such a short barrel.

So you have a big bang with a big flash, but you are firing a small bullet with diminished power. But if you are using the longer, 10.5 barrel, it may be a little more effective.

I value law enforcement too much to advise them to use this as a tool for doing their job, again, JMHO.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:03 AM 07-07-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I shot a true AR pistol, the buffer tube was about as long as the barrel. It was fun to shoot but honestly, IMHO, it's little more than a novelty gun. Again, the blast is very loud and the flame out the muzzle is very big. If I'm a cop, I'm advertising to every bad guy with a gun, where I am if it's at low light or night. Plus, I'm blinding myself every time I pull the trigger. Also, the 5.56 is a rifle cartridge, not a pistol cartridge, the bullet looses much of it's power when coming out of such a short barrel.

So you have a big bang with a big flash, but you are firing a small bullet with diminished power. But if you are using the longer, 10.5 barrel, it may be a little more effective.

I value law enforcement too much to advise them to use this as a tool for doing their job, again, JMHO.
I’ll agree with you on a 7.5” barrel. That is very loud and I only know one person who carries a 7.5” nobody likes being around him at the range. I’m not sure why they allow him to carry it anyways. Pretty sure a 7.5” voids my suppressor warranty. For me, a 7.5” wasn’t even an option. I don’t like the look of them either.

I know several who carry a 10.5” without any issues. You still get solid range out of them and they aren’t loud. It’s what many use when they build SBR’s.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:16 PM 07-08-2018
I’ll agree with you on a 7.5” barrel. That is very loud and I only know one person who carries a 7.5” nobody likes being around him at the range. I’m not sure why they allow him to carry it anyways. Pretty sure a 7.5” voids my suppressor warranty. For me, a 7.5” wasn’t even an option. I don’t like the look of them either.

I know several who carry a 10.5” without any issues. You still get solid range out of them and they aren’t loud. It’s what many use when they build SBR’s.

Back in the Army (80s) I had the opportunity to fire a "port gun" from the Bradleys. Fun as hell to shoot, but ridiculous. I "think" that was the impetus for the AR pistol

Obviously they don't fire from the open bolt at 800 rounds a minute - but about the same dimensions.

I don't know - to each his own I guess….but I'll stick with my .45 :-)
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:20 AM 07-09-2018
Fucking commies and your 9mm's.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:24 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Fucking commies and your 9mm's.

I carried a 1911 .45 for many years of my life (thanks Navy!!) and I loved it (thanks Navy!!). I still prefer it, but my decision to go the 9mm route with my Walther PPX "Navy" (LOL!!!) is 100% based on ammo costs.

But the .45 is simply awesome!
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:45 PM 07-09-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I carried a 1911 .45 for many years of my life (thanks Navy!!) and I loved it (thanks Navy!!). I still prefer it, but my decision to go the 9mm route with my Walther PPX "Navy" (LOL!!!) is 100% based on ammo costs.

But the .45 is simply awesome!

All this damned "Navy" talk……… :-)

Wait…I have a SIG P226 Navy……………….Nevermind….. :-)

Still prefer my Springfield 1911 and the SIG P220……can't teach a old dog new calibers…..
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:54 PM 07-09-2018
Kimber 1911 .45 here .On my side at all times.Why? Because I can. I love texas.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 341
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226 > Last »
Up