ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins mulling sitting out 2020 season
Ming the Merciless 09:31 AM 02-05-2020
Are there many other cases of players choosing to take a whole year off? (Not talking about injury or rehab etc)...I mean..
I.have to respect the guys choice but I dont have to like it!

Maybe this changes my 1.32 pick from fatty to skinny!
[Reply]
Mecca 09:33 AM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Are there many other cases of players choosing to take a whole year off? (Not talking about injury or rehab etc)...I mean..
I.have to respect the guys choice but I dont have to like it!

Maybe this changes my 1.32 pick from fatty to skinny!
A Jags LB did it just this last year....we'll see if he comes back now.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:34 AM 02-05-2020
Guess we'll see if Andy can talk him into sticking around, and then it's a matter of Veach figuring out a good contract for both parties. Lower salary, but STRONG guaranteed money. That is the way to go for all these guys including Mahomes.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:39 AM 02-05-2020
The biggest issue you're going to get here is Watkins could probably con some shitty team into paying him more money than we can but does he want to play for like I dunno...Arizona?

He's made a lot of money and now he's won so what means more? Contending or getting paid? Because when an agent signs the contract he signed, that was entirely designed to cash in again.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:41 AM 02-05-2020
Regardless of whether he's back or not, whether he lived up to expectations or not, whether he'll take a sweetheart deal or not, etc....Sammy will always be a Chief and will always be one of the guys on the team that broke the curse. He's a World Champion. Whatever happens, no one can ever take that away from him.

He should never have to buy another meal/drink in KC
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:45 AM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Regardless of whether he's back or not, whether he lived up to expectations or not, whether he'll take a sweetheart deal or not, etc....Sammy will always be a Chief and will always be one of the guys on the team that broke the curse. He's a World Champion. Whatever happens, no one can ever take that away from him.

He should never have to buy another meal/drink in KC
Yeah and he burned richard Sherman at crunch time to stick the dagger in. I wont ever forget that play.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:46 AM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Yeah and he burned richard Sherman at crunch time to stick the dagger in. I wont ever forget that play.
It was awesome!! Sherman is too arrogant in my view, and it's great to see a pretty humble person in Sammy Watkins torch the hell out of Sherm in the clutch. :-)
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:41 AM 02-05-2020
He’s burned out. Give the guy a month or two off and away from football and he’ll be fine.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 AM 02-05-2020
The only player who really gets "pro bowl" targets here is Kelce, even Hill doesn't normally have real high volume.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:51 AM 02-05-2020
I’d let him skip OTAs just make sure he ready by training camp. On a side note Jones told Rich Eisen that he may take a hometown discount to stay with the Chiefs!!

https://youtu.be/4t2GLl2ZD4Y
[Reply]
loochy 10:50 AM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I’d let him skip OTAs just make sure he ready by training camp. On a side note Jones told Rich Eisen that he may take a hometown discount to stay with the Chiefs!!

https://youtu.be/4t2GLl2ZD4Y
Of course he can skip OTAs. They're OTAs. Maybe his teammates won't like it, but so what.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:53 AM 02-05-2020
OLD NEWS

he said after the super bowl that there's NO WAY this happens, he was just fucking with the reporters and their stupid questions
[Reply]
DRM08 10:04 AM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
OLD NEWS

he said after the super bowl that there's NO WAY this happens, he was just ****ing with the reporters and their stupid questions
The quotes in this thread are from a radio interview AFTER the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:11 AM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The quotes in this thread are from a radio interview AFTER the Super Bowl.
i read it.

0% chance he sits out a season. he said it himself. he's just fucking with them, in fact he said he would think about sitting out OTA's in this article. not a season
[Reply]
F150 10:14 AM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i read it.

0% chance he sits out a season. he said it himself. he's just ****ing with them, in fact he said he would think about sitting out OTA's in this article. not a season

He better not wish for too much, he is worth decent trade bait and can be replaced
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up