[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:49 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)
For the record ....:-)
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:50 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Ms Marvel is still on going and has multiple books. I've read it and enjoyed it alot. Feige has said she could have her own movie or appearance in the mcu in the future. She's been on the Avengers and Champions teams
Ah ha.

Yeah, she's been very popular. I hear it's well written, though I haven't read it myself.

The animation has looked pretty strong, though.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 09:52 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
If nothing else, I'll see this movie because I have to see what the **** is up with this cat everyone keeps talking about. :-)
To be fair Samuel L. Jackson tries his hardest to make this movie respectable. Him and the cat make a good team for a little comedic relief. Everyone else in this movie just wasn't good. I am a Jude Law fan and even he was terrible. I don't know if it was the script or the acting.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:54 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Ah ha.

Yeah, she's been very popular. I hear it's well written, though I haven't read it myself.

It's very popular and has had great writers. I do hope she gets a movie in the future esp so my daughter can see it. There are rumors she could first show up on a Captain Marvel sequel.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 09:58 AM 03-08-2019
Also you do not need to see this movie before End Game. You learn nothing new that will matter at all in the plot other than Captain Marvel will be in that movie. Which has already been confirmed with the end credits of Infinity War.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:58 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
To be fair Samuel L. Jackson tries his hardest to make this movie respectable. Him and the cat make a good team for a little comedic relief. Everyone else in this movie just wasn't good. I am a Jude Law fan and even he was terrible. I don't know if it was the script or the acting.
I keep hearing Ben Mendelsohn was great.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:59 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Ah ha.

Top 500 comics of 2018 https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1...ticleID=224120

I don't see Captain Marvel or Ms Marvel on the list.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 10:03 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I keep hearing Ben Mendelsohn was great.
He does the best with the role he was given. Can't really complain about any scene he was in. The movie doesn't have any major plot holes or anything that stands out saying this is terrible. It just all seems forced. They really wanted to make a girl power movie.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:09 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Also you do not need to see this movie before End Game. You learn nothing new that will matter at all in the plot other than Captain Marvel will be in that movie. Which has already been confirmed with the end credits of Infinity War.
Thanks for the heads up ! Will be skipping Captain Marvel . Hyped for Endgame .
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:13 AM 03-08-2019
I just hope they don’t fuck up Endgame.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:31 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I just hope they don’t fuck up Endgame.
I'm pretty confident in Endgame. The script was pretty much written in conjunction with Infinity War. The directors are the same. It'll be good as long as it's not like Marvel shows up and just saves the day, and I haven't gotten the impression that will be the case from the previews at least.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:41 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm pretty confident in Endgame. The script was pretty much written in conjunction with Infinity War. The directors are the same. It'll be good as long as it's not like Marvel shows up and just saves the day, and I haven't gotten the impression that will be the case from the previews at least.
This ..that said if you hate Captain Marvel or the actor then I'm guessing future mceu movies won't be for you. I keep hearing she will be the next one to lead the way. We'll see.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:24 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's pretty clear at this point that review aggregators are going to be useless for this one. I'm not sure it really matters, though. If you're an MCU fan, you'll see it. If not, you won't.
I am a fan of Marvel, but I won't be seeing this one due to the BS associated with it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:32 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I thought it was OK. There were scenes that resonated with me and the fights were done well enough. The only 'grrrrl power' thing that annoyed me was:

Spoiler!

Any other 'grrrl power' stuff that went on is pretty much what you should expect from a story about the character. I also didn't like their use of flashbacks. It made the plot choppy and disjointed to me from time to time. It just wasn't elegant storytelling. I feel like there was a better way to put the story together.

I'm also not sold on the actress, Larsen. She wasn't shitty at it but just lacked charisma. I'll compare it to Wonder Woman; Gal Gadot grabbed my attention every time she was on the screen. Not just because she was hot but because she has this undeniable charisma. It helped carry the movie. Larsen doesn't have that.
I mostly agree with this. The plot was VERY disjointed, all starting from the very beginning. Movie probably should have started with Benning's character and her work re: Project Pegasus.

100% agree with you on Larsens lack of charisma.

On another point...the villian in this film is very underwhelming. I mean I get why it had to be that way given the story etc...but I was like ..."wow so that's it?"
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:45 AM 03-08-2019
What I really need to know is if the post credit scenes are worth staying for.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 57
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up