ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 315 of 328
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319325 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 08:54 AM 10-01-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That's my concern too.

Playoff baseball games can go 4+ hours.
I feel like this has happened to us in the couple of seasons and they showed the beginning of our game on ESPN2. Or, I could just be making that up.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:34 AM 10-01-2018
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Man, it's weird... i don't even remember Sheff playing for the Marlins.
I'm pretty sure he was on the 97 Worlds Series team.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:49 AM 10-01-2018
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Man, it's weird... i don't even remember Sheff playing for the Marlins.
He won a World Series there.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:08 AM 10-01-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I have never seen a fan base so insistent on sucking.
There would be people bitching if Glass and Moore went out and signed Harper, Kershaw, Machado and Kimbrel.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:34 AM 10-01-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
There would be people bitching if Glass and Moore went out and signed Harper, Kershaw, Machado and Kimbrel.
As they should, since that would be idiotic
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:39 AM 10-01-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
As they should, since that would be idiotic
:-)

I knew Harper would trigger a PB reponse.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 10:57 AM 10-01-2018
I would Settle for just Harper and Machado. Think of the value they add to the TV deal.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:57 AM 10-01-2018
DONT HASSLE THE HOZ

PadrAIDS finish 66-96. What would they have finished without Hoz' "clubhouse leadership"??
Moore could be fired based solely on the contract he offered Hoz.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:58 AM 10-01-2018
Really great year for Whit and Mondi. Hopefully they won't come out and shit the bed in the first half next year.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:02 PM 10-01-2018
My early, completely uninformed record prediction for 2019 is 68-94. Trending in the right direction, but still a ways to go. Until the core from Lexington starts arriving I'm not sure we can expect any better than .500 ball. Unless I'm missing something, the only reinforcements currently on the horizon are Lopez and the bullpen pieces in AAA.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:48 PM 10-01-2018
We will win 71. We should've won 66 by (fWAR) or 64 by (base runs). Always reverts. We lost a TON of games from our bullpen first half of the year. It was almost nightly. Our bullpen finished last in MLB and DM said during the broadcast our biggest "fix" next year was the pen. He should clear some of that up.

Second, we gave a whopping 1,911 (!!!!) PA of negative fWAR from: Alshittys, Duda, Cuthbert, Orlando, Goins, Dozier, Butera. Total and complete horseshit that no other team would dare Troy out there. Only Dozier is back, so that right there should add another 3 wins.

We will lose 2 wins front Whit and prob 1-2 from Keller. So 71 is the answe.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:35 PM 10-01-2018
Zo with the go-ahead hit in the 8th for the Blue Brew Crew
[Reply]
zigbazah 03:02 PM 10-01-2018
Pretty solid interview from Yed Nost.

https://youtu.be/jIVf5oaSi1I
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:06 PM 10-01-2018
We will win 71. We should've won 66 by (fWAR) or 64 by (base runs). Always reverts. We lost a TON of games from our bullpen first half of the year. It was almost nightly. Our bullpen finished last in MLB and DM said during the broadcast our biggest "fix" next year was the pen. He should clear some of that up.

Second, we gave a whopping 1,911 (!!!!) PA of negative fWAR from: Alshittys, Duda, Cuthbert, Orlando, Goins, Dozier, Butera. Total and complete horseshit that no other team would dare Troy out there. Only Dozier is back, so that right there should add another 3 wins.

We will lose 2 wins front Whit and prob 1-2 from Keller. So 71 is the answe.
except that 'Royals baseball' has always ('14 and '15 I mean) outperformed the projections. Meaning, loads of team speed and plus defense. After a couple of years of getting away from that, Moore went back to it the second half this year and the team looked a lot better even as young and inexperienced as they were. I think the AAA pitching staff has some better bullpen options (can't blame the team for not bringing them up this year as it was a lost cause) but if I squint just right I can see a .500 club.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:41 PM 10-01-2018
LoCain was the true leader of those great teams look at him continuing the trend in Milwaukee. Hosmer was just the frat douche who loved the attention. Fuck him.
[Reply]
Page 315 of 328
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319325 > Last »
Up